💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Drive starring Ryan Gosling

Doot

Featured Posts

kurtz_drive.jpg

Drive is a 2011 American neo-noir crime thriller film directed by Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn. The screenplay by Hossein Amini was based on the eponymous 2005 novel by James Sallis. The film stars Ryan Gosling as an unnamed Hollywood stunt driver moonlighting as a getaway driver. He quickly grows fond of his neighbor, Irene (Carey Mulligan) and her young son, Benicio. Her debt-laden husband, Standard (Oscar Isaac), is released from prison, and hires him to take part in what turns out to be a botched million-dollar heist that endangers their lives. Other members of the ensemble cast include Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Ron Perlman, and Albert Brooks.

Published in 2005, producers Marc Platt and Adam Siegel optioned Sallis's novel after Siegel read a review from Publishers Weekly. Adapting the book proved to be challenging for Amini as it had a nonlinear narrative. Gosling was one of Platt's top casting choices, eventually signing on for the lead as he wanted to star in an action-oriented project. Gosling played a pivotal role in the film's production, which included hiring Refn as director, and Beth Mickle as production designer. On a production budget of about $15 million, filming commenced on September 25, 2010, shot on location in various parts of Los Angeles, and concluded on November 12.

Before its September 2011 release, Drive was shown at a number of film festivals, including the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, where it was praised and received a standing ovation. Refn won the festival's Best Director Award. The film received widespread praise, with critics highlighting Refn's direction, performances by the ensemble cast, visuals and action sequences, and the film score composed by Cliff Martinez. However, some critics were appalled by its graphic violence and found it potentially detrimental to the film's box office success. Several critics listed Drive as one of the best films of 2011; it received various accolades, including Best Sound Editing nomination at the 84th Academy Awards.

THEME SONG:

film-review-drive.jpg

DISCUSS

Sizzily

I own it and I've had it for like a year but I've never gotten around to watching it. 

Spoiler

Kavinsky :giveup: 

One Banned Boi

I just remember watching this movie with a friend and it went from super chill to extremely violent in a flash :air: 

Like one minute they were just hanging out and then all of a sudden some guy was getting his head stomped in by Gosling like a pumpkin :air: 

50 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

I own it and I've had it for like a year but I've never gotten around to watching it. 

Hide contents

Kavinsky :giveup: 

WHAT? Stop what you are doing and go and watch it. 

40 minutes ago, shmal96 said:

I just remember watching this movie with a friend and it went from super chill to extremely violent in a flash :air: 

Like one minute they were just hanging out and then all of a sudden some guy was getting his head stomped in by Gosling like a pumpkin :air: 

The movie is absolute perfection. 

On 9/18/2017 at 9:47 PM, Bradley said:

I watched it and it was decent to me, not as impressive as the critics made it to be but it was decent.

I remember having a bad taste in my mouth after watching it.

Archived