Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Alien Franchise

Doot

Featured Posts

CautiousLurker
4 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i actually really despised Covenant but adored Prometheus

anyways, the main unpopular opinion i have is that i don't like Aliens that much because Cameron turned it too much into an action film :madge: 

however Alien remains perfect and a masterpiece and anyone who loves Alien REALLY NEEDS TO PLAY ALIEN ISOLATION :woot: 

Yaaaaas, I never understood the fascination with that movie, to me it's just a generic action flick that looks expensive but completely removed the mood and the atmosphere which made the first movie so great :nails:

Though I disagree about Alien Isolation - the first third of that game was great, the rest :gaycat: and that ending :toofunny:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
1 minute ago, CautiousLurker said:

Yaaaaas, I never understood the fascination with that movie, to me it's just a generic action flick that looks expensive but completely removed the mood and the atmosphere which made the first movie so great :nails:

Though I disagree about Alien Isolation - the first third of that game was great, the rest :gaycat: and that the ending :toofunny:

oh yeah, by the second half the game becomes a mess if you're not a stan and the ending... :saladga: 

but it's worth it for the atmosphere and it's the best video game alien has :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

CautiousLurker
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

oh yeah, by the second half the game becomes a mess if you're not a stan and the ending... :saladga: 

but it's worth it for the atmosphere and it's the best video game alien has :selena: 

I kinda think that it wasn't the artists' fault, and that the game was initially meant to be shorter but they had to make it a certain length so it would mimic other triple A games, so they packed it with filler and also underdeveloped certain aspects of it... cuz even animation wise that ending didn't look nearly as good as the beginning cutscenes... But yeah this is the best video game adaptation there is or will be anytime soon... They really nailed the score too... 

JustaMonster
15 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Though I disagree about Alien Isolation - the first third of that game was great, the rest :gaycat: and that ending :toofunny:

Noo, not me reading this before I play it :deadbanana:

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I kinda think that it wasn't the artists' fault, and that the game was initially meant to be shorter but they had to make it a certain length so it would mimic other triple A games, so they packed it with filler and also underdeveloped certain aspects of it... cuz even animation wise that ending didn't look nearly as good as the beginning cutscenes... But yeah this is the best video game adaptation there is or will be anytime soon... They really nailed the score too... 

after pouring 50 hours into the game i also realised that Amanda's voice acting is really mediocre and buggy at one point :selena: 

ryanripley
Just now, JustaMonster said:

Noo, not me reading this before I play it :deadbanana:

it is worth playing, trust me :poot: 

JustaMonster
6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it is worth playing, trust me :poot: 

Yeah Im still going to play it :excited2:

CautiousLurker
20 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

Yeah Im still going to play it :excited2:

You should, its still a good game... just make sure to savour the initial thrill and excitement when you start playing it because... it's not gonna last :selena:

JustaMonster
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

it's not gonna last :selena:

Shh you're making me want to play aliens colonial marines instead :nails:

Spoiler

:selena:

CautiousLurker
9 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

Shh you're making me want to play aliens colonial marines instead :nails:

Reveal hidden contents

:selena:

You have that much free time :selena:

Spoiler

I wanted to make a joke and say 'that game was great' but couldn't bring myself to it :wtfga:

JustaMonster
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

You have that much free time :selena:

Hide contents

I wanted to make a joke and say 'that game was great' but couldn't bring myself to it :wtfga:

You're implying that game is a waste of time and not a masterpiece? :bye:

CautiousLurker
2 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

You're implying that game is a waste of time and not a masterpiece? :bye:

JustaMonster
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

LMAO OH MY GOD I CANT STOP LAUGHING

6 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i actually really despised Covenant but adored Prometheus

anyways, the main unpopular opinion i have is that i don't like Aliens that much because Cameron turned it too much into an action film :madge: 

however Alien remains perfect and a masterpiece and anyone who loves Alien REALLY NEEDS TO PLAY ALIEN ISOLATION :woot: 

I love alien isolation. I still have to finish it, I’m about 2/3 of the way through it. Still scares the crap out of me. 

ryanripley
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

I love alien isolation. I still have to finish it, I’m about 2/3 of the way through it. Still scares the crap out of me. 

i have all but 2 achievements on steam, one of which i already have on PS4 which is annoying :selena: 

Archived