Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Any musicians on GGD?

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

dajoannemonster
16 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

the beats are sick!!!!

Thanks :) It's basically a demo that needs more work but I'm proud of it...Any suggestions ?

life is beautiful

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIGHTCRAWLER
20 hours ago, ARTPOPsus said:

Thanks :) It's basically a demo that needs more work but I'm proud of it...Any suggestions ?

Add lyrics on it

JustaMonster

@Vodka I know you said you were busy and stuff but I was bored and so I thought I would write this out and put it here in case someone else might find it useful :emma: 

So anyways once you know the major scale you can use the 7 notes in it to find these things called "diatonic chords" which are the chords which naturally belong in a key which basically means they will always sound good. This is where some theory becomes really useful in terms of writing songs. So sticking with the key of C the seven notes in the scale are C D E F G A B and you use these notes to find the chords. There's kind of a pattern to this as well. The first, the fourth, and the fifth notes correspond to major chords. The second, the third, and the 6th notes correspond to minor chords. And the 7th note is a diminished chord (sounds weird and is almost never used).

So in the key of C the 7 chords that you can always use are C (Major) D (minor) E (minor) F (Major) G (Major) A (minor) B (diminished). You can always use other chords as well but a lot of songs just stick to the "diatonic" ones (The ones in the key)

As an example I'll use a gaga song, gypsy, which is in C major. The only chords in the song are C G F Dm and Am which are all diatonic chords in the key of C :) 

And also what a "chord progression" is, is just an order that you would play these chords if that makes sense. A really popular chord progression is something like I V vi IV (which would be C, G, Am, F in the key of C) which is roman numerals for the chords you would play. So you would play the 1st chord then 5th, 6th, then 4th in that order and the upper case numerals are for major chords and the lower case ones mean minor chords.

Heres a good video of the I V vi IV progression to demonstrate what I mean. All of these songs in this video use the same progression which means they all sound really similar. There are even 2 gaga songs in here :gaycat:

So basically you can pick a key you want to write in and then find the chords based off of the scale and you can easily just fumble around with the chords and its easy to create something that sounds good. This also lets you figure out the chords in a song a lot easier if you know what key its in. But you can also use any other chords that sound good, the point of this is just to make it easier to know what will sound good together. 

Once you can wrap your head around it, it makes a lot of sense. I hope its not too confusing :sweat: 

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

• 1 month later...
BeIIadonna

I have written songs before (Dunno if i have them still) and have produced some instrumentals (I do have!) but no vocals :stalkga:

Ohhh me! I play piano, guitar, and sing. 

I sometimes perform at shows and make people cry, because t that's about it lmao I wanna download a music program and start working on production but I need a better, not-ancient laptop first 😅

3 points in and ready for more

davidtaylor

I write songs all the time, I've road hundreds, but I don't know where to go beyond there (production wise I've not good too far). If anyone has any tips on that I'd really appreciate it :)

so happy i could die

6 minutes ago, DavidTaylor said:

I write songs all the time, I've road hundreds, but I don't know where to go beyond there (production wise I've not good too far). If anyone has any tips on that I'd really appreciate it :)

same here.  I can write but know nothing about production

BeIIadonna
2 minutes ago, JustJesse said:

Some people sell instrumentals online but they can be exspensive but it depends :pray:

UWontUseMyMind

I love to write songs just for fun, I'm still studying at high school, my latest creation "Something Uranian" !

Just now, MonsterGaga5555 said:

Some people sell instrumentals online but they can be exspensive but it depends :pray:

but how  does that help?

UWontUseMyMind
1 minute ago, JustJesse said:

but how  does that help?

Sometimes what you write fits perfectly to some instrumentals out in the web!

davidtaylor
3 minutes ago, JustJesse said:

sometimes it gets annoying and I wanna really hear what I've wrote but can't :S

so happy i could die

Just now, DavidTaylor said:

sometimes it gets annoying and I wanna really hear what I've wrote but can't :S

thats why people collaborate i guess.  like u can write but find someone who can produce and can put your words into song

btw how come all photos i try to change my avi to keep getting rejected.  It keeps saying its too big a file and I keep trrying to make it smaller and it still wont take..

Archived