celeb

Ariana fired dancer because of using the n-word

Featured Posts

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CautiousLurker
3 minutes ago, Ernie Swift said:

There is a derogatory word starting with W used to belittle Latino/Hispanic people

I literally have no idea what you're talking about :wtfga:

For a moment I thought you mean the word 'wh0re' - I was about to break out my 'being promiscuous is not a big deal' spiel, dammit

1 minute ago, Tadeo said:

What people tend to call women?

There is it... seriously :ladyhaha:

Morphine Prince
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about :wtfga:

Wetback. It's a term used to describe illegal immigrants who crossed the Rio Grande to come into the US. 

And before y'all come for me I'm Hispanic. You mayos better not try and use it (I hope y'all realize I'm teasing, no hate here) 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

This example :air: 

Minorities are free to reclaim a derogatory word if they choose to. It's the least that can happen after years of being oppressed by it imo. 

No. I'm sorry that's not how language evolves. Otherwise GAY would still be used in a derogatory fashion but the community fought hard to get rid of that bad stigma the word had. (Still fighting in some instances) 

Morphine Prince
Just now, Tadeo said:

No. I'm sorry that's not how language evolves. Otherwise GAY would still be used in a derogatory fashion but the community fought hard to get rid of that bad stigma the word had. (Still fighting in some instances) 

We don't get to dictate what communities do with the insults directed at them. If gay people chose to do that, good for them. Other groups have chosen differently. 

Just now, Morphine Prince said:

We don't get to dictate what communities do with the insults directed at them. If gay people chose to do that, good for them. Other groups have chosen differently. 

You think people have no saying on what words they choose to be affected by? Or what connotation they give to it? Am I even talking to a human here?

CautiousLurker

Wetback. It's a term used to describe illegal immigrants who crossed the Rio Grande to come into the US. 

And before y'all come for me I'm Hispanic. You mayos better not try and use it (I hope y'all realize I'm teasing, no hate here) 

I've literally never heard this term before - holy sh*t, I learned something vaguely interesting today :wtfga:

Spoiler

Thought as the person I've quoted just elaborated, he was referring to the word wh0re :selena:

Morphine Prince
Just now, Tadeo said:

You think people have no saying on what words they choose to be affected by? Or what connotation they give to it? Am I even talking to a human here?

Of course they do. Idk why you're trying to convince me of this. Different groups will act differently. There's literally nothing you can do about it. 

Of course they do. Idk why you're trying to convince me of this. Different groups will act differently. There's literally nothing you can do about it. 

😘😍😘

thierryrreiht
14 minutes ago, Chic said:

Ay huntyyyyy just reminding you about the post you ignored

Have Admin automatically censor the T word then

I can imagine it being offensive

Morphine Prince
Just now, Tadeo said:

😘😍😘

Ok? And on your example of "gay" I still hear it used as an insult often. Describing something as "gay" in a negative fashion. 

Black people have dealt with the N word differently, but I don't think we can eliminate the use of insults nor dictate entire groups on how they deal with them.

It is an interesting topic though. 

Whenever i visit a thread there is always that member that goes on excusing no and fighting people. Thread ruined once again.

Archived