đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Can Gaga have The Fame Monster's era success again?

Tadeo

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blackout19

If she works with RedOne, BloodPop, Diplo.. maybe.

She needs to have a disco/dance/ pop album again.

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

She has the ability to, but she needs to have a proper layout of the album cycle, the videos, the singles, the promotion etc. to make sure the whole cycles runs without issues like *cough* Applause *cough* DWUW :lolga:

@dit lmao all you want, xoxo Gaga:trollga:

Notthebling
12 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Applause debuted at #4,in BBH100 for 10 weeks

DWUW debuted in top 20,peaked at #1 for a few minutes

G.U.Y underperformed by peaking at #76

Perfect Illusion got played on the radio a lot 

Million Reasons debuted around 30,peaked at #4

The Cure peaked at #38,meanwhile getting 150m streams

Nice try

now compare it to TFM... Im not being rude or anything, but let's not lie to ourselves here. 

TFM was a whole era of slayage and constant #1... will she be sucessful again YES but  we can't expect her to be as popular as she's ever been, 

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Illuminati

No and I doubt she will even reach Born This Way success again. I found that the sooner you accept it the easier it gets. 

I'm not saying that I wish that upon her but it's unrealistic to expect her to focus on her career while she's clearly struggling with her health and long term issues related to it. She's also in her 30s, past her peak, ready to settle down and marry and have children and more casual than ever in her career. Take that as a hint that she chose her own happiness over career success if you didn't already. 

I can't even guarantee that she will be a touring artist like Madonna anymore, cause it doesn't seem like that's working for her even with a smaller tour. 

SlayGagaloo
19 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

She is just 31

She's almost 10 years into her career. If she can't attract the younger again audience then it's not gonna happen... 

Over.

SlayGagaloo
17 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Applause debuted at #4,in BBH100 top 10 for 14 weeks

Million Reasons debuted at 76,peaked at #4

The Cure peaked at #39,meanwhile getting 150m streams

Nice try

PI was played a lot IN IT'S FIRST WEEK because of the hype, it TANKEDET after that :sweat:

Over.

The Fame Monster

I hope not. Let me explain you why.

The music ruling the charts nowadays is ****. 

Gaga makes good music.

Find your freedom in the music

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, BloodyMonster said:

No, eras like that come once in a lifetime. Its like how Adele will never be as big as 21, Madonna will never be as big as True Blue, Mariah will never be as big as Music Box, MJ will never be as big as Thriller, Britney will never be as big as BOMT, etc. She can still have a BTW-sized era though.

This is not true. She was.

51 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Not sure because the GP's taste is absolute trash right now. The radio kills my brain cells. 

I want her to make music that feels natural to her on a personal level. I don't really care if it is insanely successful like The Fame Monster, though I would appreciate it if the GP would stop sleeping on good music. :madge:

Let's be honest and keep it real, radio has been 💩for years and years (I would make a list of all the s h i tty songs that have made it to the top of the charts but that would just be a long long list) obviously having some decent good quality music here and there but over all radio serves to a demographic that buys into questionable quality music. Otherwise mainstream radio would play Fiona, Björk, even classical music but that's not happening. 

IMO Gaga took her music more serious rather than her persona and this resulted in her giving us Joanne. She ditched her "Lady Gaga" persona/image to be able to find balance between the music and her persona "outrageous" Lady Gaga. 

My question was definitely more focused on whether the acceptance of her music could be as massive as it was once. It's obvious at this point that Gaga WANTS to do her own thing regardless of what fans and GP want. 

It's not about her being able to create awesome songs that can sound like hit but rather if the public could be as welcoming of her music as they once were. 

well she'll never be the "it" girl again because that ship has sailed, the mystery and shock behind Gaga is gone, but can she get multiple #1 songs again? Maybe, if she really wants it.

Depends on definitions.

If your question is whether she can release an album full of songs that are big radio hits that peak in the top 5 on the Hot 100 -- sure, she may well have that kind of success again. I wouldn't necessarily bank on it, but it's a very real possibility. It helps that Gaga is apparently a killer pop songwriter. 

If your question is whether she will ever reach her pinnacle of fame & apparent unstoppable-ness again -- no. That ship seems to have sailed. She's already BEEN a cultural revolution once, something that only a tiny handful of people ever get to claim once, let alone twice. 

If she does very very well, then it will mean releasing big radio hits & being one of the world's top pop stars for years to come. Even that, however, seems unlikely in light of her recent revelations of fibromyalgia & chronic pain & wanting to take a serious break from music. 

23 hours ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Applause debuted at #4,in BBH100 for 10 weeks

Million Reasons debuted around 30,peaked at #4

The Cure peaked at #38,meanwhile getting 150m streams

Nice try

DWUW didn't peak at #1 on the Hot 100 or on radio. Perfect Illusion & Million Reasons & The Cure all had dissappointing radio peaks (like #40-#60), hardly comparable to her consistent top ten hits prior to DWUW. 

Applause was legitimately a big hit, but unfortunately, it was only ever seen as second best in comparison to "Roar" by the general public, feeding into the image problem that ultimately lead to GUY actually getting completely ignored by US radio despite having #1 hit written all over its production. 

Archived