💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Edge Of Glory studio version?

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

Don't get me wrong,the accoustic version of TEOG on the piano Gaga is currently singing on the JWT and the other TEOG performances the last few years is also amazing,but I really miss the studio version.From just the beat,until the beautiful saxophone music❤️

The last time she sang the studio version was all the way back to the BTWB,which ended on February 11th 2013,which is like 4 years.Is there a chance she will maybe sing the studio version ever again?

buttsicle

I hope she sings the studio version. I love the energy the studio version has. It's so iconic. Not that the acoustic version is bad in anyway I just hope she'll sing the studio version sometime. :diane:

WOOHOO YAHAA

Reality

I'm kind of the opposite :sweat:

I like the acoustic version better and I hope she performs that version more. 

Spoiler

Dare I say that I kind of like the acoustic version better than the studio version :hor:

🃏🖤👹

JoanneMonster

I mean if she sang Scheisse, Teeth, Speechles and Bloody Mary again, she will definitely sing TEOG studio version (which was a big single) again

I See You

tellemhone

I kinda wish she would too, but I would live for a faster acoustic version also

:air: :air: :air:

Her acoustic version is heavenly but it drags on for too long every time... I wish she would just sing it and stop interrupting the song with talking so much.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

ShockPop

I think it was always supposed to be a ballad but the label wanted something that sounded like Kelly Clarkson. 

Tbh I want a version with violins sung like the SOM tribute. 

I love any arrangement of TEOG. That's the mark of a great song the same as Pokerface; it can be arranged any number of ways and still sound gorgeous.

JoanneMonster

Some of you not liking when she talks in the middle of songs, I live for it!

i love how she tells a story but keeps playing the piano as if it qas part of the song

I See You

VOLANTIS

I kinda prefer the acoustic version live.:shrug:

I do love the album version but when performed live especially with full choreo she does struggle with breathing quite a lot and her voice gets overly raspy. I know she's ofc improved a lot since 2011 but she absolutely nails the emotions of the song with the acoustic version. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

I can't even pick between the two. The acoustic is so raw and emotional, but the studio has this amazing unique energy. I'd be happy with either :D 

FfFfFfFF

I always felt like Marry The Night, The Edge Of Glory, Hair, The Cure and even Do What U Want were meant to be ballads. 

Archived