đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who was the music director of Gaga VMA 2009 performance

BadJudas

Featured Posts

27monster27

Question, what was the story that her outfits were trying to tell? I know that the Alexander McQueen one represented a dead celebrity, but what about the others? She said her self that there was a story.

he/him/his

Irrelevant
33 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

I'm still mad that it got cancelled. It could've completely changed Gaga's career and gave her street cred which is useful nowadays.

It's all Taylors fault :neyde:

:poot:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Pretty Savage
11 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Gaga says otherwise. So what is the truth :oprah:

They changed the choreography a little bit maybe that's why she said that :poot:

Joshie S
2 hours ago, Alphonse said:

The music director at the time was Jeff Bhasker, who came from Kanye for the Fame Kills tour, and became Gaga's music director for the first part of the Monster Ball 1.0. He was fired at some point during that tour. He can be seen playing keyboards in the Paparazzi performance at SNL after the VMAs.

http://gagafrontrow.blogspot.com/2009/12/bands.html

Meow. 

Holy CRAP! I had no idea about the Paparazzi SNL performance until you mentioned it... I can surely say that I've seen majority of Gaga's live performances, but this one I had no idea about lol #flopfan 

Holy crap that SNL set was incredible! It was so experimental, perfect vocals, theatrical, everything was absolutely perfect... I wonder why it's not more available on YouTube? Hmm..

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

gagafrontrow
37 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

Holy CRAP! I had no idea about the Paparazzi SNL performance until you mentioned it... I can surely say that I've seen majority of Gaga's live performances, but this one I had no idea about lol #flopfan 

Cool you saw it. It forms the 2nd part of the VMA performance. The VMA show is in white, then Gaga starts bleeding, and the SNL show is in red, soaked in blood. 

SNL videos are on vimeo:

Meow! 

www.gagafrontrow.com

3 hours ago, Kimihiro said:

That's plausible. But I think Gaga will definitely still tour solo after Fame Kills. Who knows she could've been edgier or more daring.

In the end we still got the legendary TMB and on Kanye's camp we got MBDTF.

2 exceptional, career-changing works. Maybe they're destined to be apart hahaha

boyerased
49 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

2 exceptional, career-changing works. Maybe they're destined to be apart hahaha

Hopefully. I feel like Yeezy could bring out and handle Gaga's wildness more than anyone. He's also a very good producer. Egos and "creative control" will be the only issues.

I was there when Kanye debuted Famous live and he talked about "that night" and how Gaga cancelled the tour afterwards. It was bittersweet and I wondered what could've been.

42 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

Hopefully. I feel like Yeezy could bring out and handle Gaga's wildness more than anyone. He's also a very good producer. Egos and "creative control" will be the only issues.

I was there when Kanye debuted Famous live and he talked about "that night" and how Gaga cancelled the tour afterwards. It was bittersweet and I wondered what could've been.

In fairness, I think it may have hurt her to stick her rising star to his tarnished one at the time and it probably wasn't her call to cancel the tour. Though, I agree; I'd LOVE for Kanye to produce a song or album with her and Rick Rubin. He and Rick work so well together (Yeezus says hey), and I love the production of Dope so I can only imagine the fresh, careful touch they'd bring to her stuff.  I don't think ego would be that big of a problem, actually. I say that because I think Kanye projects a bigger ego than he has and if he respects an artist he'll value their input. I think were they to work together they could actually make something astounding because they could compensate for each others' weaknesses. He's a poor lyricist whereas she's a great one (though they're both still wacky), and he's a great producer whereas she's not all that experienced at it but has good instincts. I think they could both really get the best out of each other if they were to make it happen (I hope maybe some day; Kanye doesn't produce too much for others' nowadays so it'd be a big maybe).

boyerased
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

In fairness, I think it may have hurt her to stick her rising star to his tarnished one at the time and it probably wasn't her call to cancel the tour. Though, I agree; I'd LOVE for Kanye to produce a song or album with her and Rick Rubin. He and Rick work so well together (Yeezus says hey), and I love the production of Dope so I can only imagine the fresh, careful touch they'd bring to her stuff.  I don't think ego would be that big of a problem, actually. I say that because I think Kanye projects a bigger ego than he has and if he respects an artist he'll value their input. I think were they to work together they could actually make something astounding because they could compensate for each others' weaknesses. He's a poor lyricist whereas she's a great one (though they're both still wacky), and he's a great producer whereas she's not all that experienced at it but has good instincts. I think they could both really get the best out of each other if they were to make it happen (I hope maybe some day; Kanye doesn't produce too much for others' nowadays so it'd be a big maybe).

In due time. I think. They're both crazy. Imagine just the visuals, the Fame Kills tour alone look like a prelude to the Yeezus tour.

1 minute ago, Kimihiro said:

In due time. I think. They're both crazy. Imagine just the visuals, the Fame Kills tour alone look like a prelude to the Yeezus tour.

It depends on Gaga's direction musically. If she chooses to go more acoustic than idk how they'd cross paths, but if she is willing to keep changing it up and makes a concept album than I could see them crossing paths. One big reason being that Kanye always has the pulse on up and coming artists and producers and so does Gaga so it would seem to me that their crossing paths would be inevitable like how she found out about Madeon and Zedd via going into EDM with DJWS.

Archived