💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Outburst: profound sadness after Rock in Rio concert cancellation

AAAAAAlice

Featured Posts

AAAAAAlice

Hello, Gagadaily. This is my first post here, I wanted to put it at the 'Thoughts' category, but I guess I'm not able yet because I'm a new member.

Anyway, I'd like to make an outburst here. Something that is making me lose my sleep.

I'm a brazilian fan. A die-hard one. My country is suffering of a very serious economic and political crisis since the past 3 years. I don't have many Gaga stuff; it's very expensive to import it and I don't have enough money. Anyway, in 2012 I attended the Born This Way Ball Tour in Rio. I can tell you, ladies and gays, that no other day of my life since then was better than that one. That was the day I became a fan. I started to follow her work and stuff. We, brazilian monsters, waited for years for her comeback to our country. She said in 2012 that she would come back soon, but we all know her "soon", LOL. Some with better financial conditions could see her in other countries, but I'm not as fortunated as them.

The biggest brazilian group of fans, the amazing people from RDT Lady Gaga, started an online campaign to bring her to Rock in Rio still in 2015. This is a fan's merit, because we wanted it so badly that -according to some br sites- Gaga called Roberto Medina (the creator of the festival) offering herself to sing at RiR!

---we just found out the calling thing after she cancelled her show, btw---

Her participation was confirmed at February 6th, one day after Superbowl performance. Many of us worked hard to have money to buy the tickets, the travelling and feeding costs, to be able to go to Rio and watch her. And many got all this, many would meet her for the first time at september 15. It would be my second time.

My friends (one of them a big katycat, btw) and I would go together to the festival. It would be magic, epic!

But, one day before, she had to cancel due to her fibromyalgia. I can't imagine how hard was for her, the pain she was feeling. But my and many people's dream was shattered at the sep 14 afternoon. We went from heaven to hell in seconds. I know friends that were at Fasano -the hotel that we thought she would be at- and they started crying at the phone with me.

More 5 years of waiting? It can't be possible. Not for us. Gaga isn't that kind of artist who visits my country every year, so when she comes we all have to take the chance!

But it was, and then she was replaced by Maroon 5. The fans had the option to go to the show or stay home and have the money back -since it was the $ that my dad borrowed me and it wouldn't come back to me, I decided to go. I saw many monsters there, at the Ivete Sangalo, Pet Shop Boys, 5 Seconds of Summer (crappy line up, I know) but they weren't so excited as they were supposed to be. Me either. I enjoyed the Maroon 5 show, but I cried a little bit when I realized it wasn't her. It wouldn't be her, and we could only accept it. It was ok, but not an suitable substitute to Gaga.

I don't blame her, I blame Rock in Rio organization. There were MANY signs indicating that her show was cancelled. Papers, banners, it couldn't be done all suddenly, from one day to another, after less than 24 hours of the official cancelation. They knew it before, but decided not say anything. Decided to let people take planes, buses from far away and come to Rio to say "hey, Gaga is sick and we'll put another singer insted of her". They could have said it before.

My point is: why is everything so hard to brazilian fans? We're the forgotten people, the ones where she seem not to care too much (don't get me wrong, I know things aren't like that). Some people is making online campaigns to bring her to Copacabana beach at the new year's eve and I think it would be totally awesome. I'm into it, but I know that the chances of it not happen are HUGE.

I feel that our efforts are rarely recognized.

It will take years for her to come back here, and many monsters and I are devastated with this possibility. I've never seen so many gays crying and sad at the same time.

I want her to be ok, but I still want to see her show as soon as possible at my country!

Anyway, that was just an outburst. Hope you understand what I'm feeling in my heart right now.

WoeqEWU.png

I've listening to Maroon 5 since I was 13.

Gagaloo911

I'm so sorry for what happened. You all deserve so much to see her and I was so looking forward to seeing all the Monsters there get to see her again after so long. 

I hope the pain has gotten better for her though, and that she can come there very soon to give you all a show you so deserve. 

DeanWinchester

Sorry to hear this. It is a really frustrating thing, I expect. And even more so that there really isn't much you can do nor a specific person/org to be blamed.

:hug:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

AAAAAAlice

http://www.papelpop.com/2017/09/rock-in-rio-diz-que-lady-gaga-tinha-ligado-se-oferecendo-para-cantar-no-festival/

Use Google Translator in this site to understand.

GUYS, SHE CALLED THE CREATOR OF THE FESTIVAL. It makes me 1000% more sad because she wanted to come and play for us. We had prepared so many surprises for her!

Of all the countries Gaga had to cancel on, it had to be "come to Brazil". :laughga:

Incidentally I would have gone to RiR just for 5 Seconds of Summer just to observe all that Australian D in real life. Luke tho. :hor:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

AAAAAAlice
8 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Of all the countries Gaga had to cancel on, it had to be "come to Brazil". :laughga:

Incidentally I would have gone to RiR just for 5 Seconds of Summer just to observe all that Australian D in real life. Luke tho. :hor:

Really? Just for them? From what I saw they're ok. Many teenagers screaming with strident voices next to me, lol. The vocalist is hot tbh
The most Gaga-like moment was all the Pet Shop Boys show. It had an ARTPOP vibe, many people didn't knew the songs but I've been listening to them since I bought my ticket, back in april, and I loved many of them. Shout to the pop gay grandpas!

pet-shop-boys-se-apresenta-no-palco-mund

5 minutes ago, AAAAAAlice said:

Really? Just for them? From what I saw they're ok. 

Not for their music. I haven't even heard one of their songs. :laughga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Bradley

I know Brazil is full of die-hard supporters of Gaga, and I'm really happy for the love they send for my favourite artist.

But tbh Gaga doesn't visit a lot of countries as well. Asia and Australia are totally snubbed this time, so you're not alone. Asians and Australians who wish to see Gaga live had to travel to either America or Europe. And that costs a lot of money too.

AAAAAAlice
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I know Brazil is full of die-hard supporters of Gaga, and I'm really happy for the love they send for my favourite artist.

But tbh Gaga doesn't visit a lot of countries as well. Asia and Australia are totally snubbed this time, so you're not alone. Asians and Australians who wish to see Gaga live had to travel to either America or Europe. And that costs a lot of money too.

At least she always visits your countries in almost every tour, while br only saw the BTW Ball.

I don't live in Asia or Australia to know if it's expensive or not to travel from there to another place far away, but I guess it isn't so expensive as here. It's already expensive to travel inside Brazil, imagine to another country (I'm saying it according to my financial situation)

zakariah

Gaga has not come to Singapore (my country) since the BTWB & she's never even really mentioned us. Brazil is not having it THAT hard when you compare it to other countries. And it's not like there was no demand for her here, she had 3 shows for the BTWB and they were all sold out. Out of all the 3 nights, I didn't even attend one because I had exams. 

Of course I empathise with the fans who were upset about Gaga cancelling but all there is to do is move on & not let it overwhelm you. 

Sis, I know this is sad and heart breaking, etc.

But no need to be so extra, this is not about who's more deserved, remember there are still many countries never had the chance to have her in their countries even once. For example, Her fans in Jakarta are still waiting even though deep in their heart they know it is close to impossible for her to visit their city because of the political thing going on down there.

But for Brazil, she can always return, even if it could take some time, she will return. So no need for this kind of sadness. Just think ahead, few years down the line, all of you in Brazil could be in better place and can funds going to concerts by yourself. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
1 hour ago, AAAAAAlice said:

At least she always visits your countries in almost every tour, while br only saw the BTW Ball.

I don't live in Asia or Australia to know if it's expensive or not to travel from there to another place far away, but I guess it isn't so expensive as here. It's already expensive to travel inside Brazil, imagine to another country (I'm saying it according to my financial situation)

But not all fans in Asia and Australia attended the artRAVE or Born This Way Ball though...

Archived