Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS: Cult - 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' RT score

Bradley

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Chrastapher said:

It was definitely better than the first episode I'm just not down with Sarah screaming the entire episode that needs to stop ASAP 

But in all seriousness I'm enjoying this season so far lol.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

:rip:

For Cult it will be, 'OH NOOOOOOOOO' compilation by Ally Mayfair-Richards.

1 minute ago, Bradley said:

:rip:

For Cult it will be, 'OH NOOOOOOOOO' compilation by Ally Mayfair-Richards.

Lmao but okay... it's fair enough this time though. Her character is someone with extreme anxiety and multiple phobias and disorders. Bitch is gonna be scared the whole time.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

MonsterPaws
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I thought it was rubbish and I can't understand why the critics are heaping praise on this series. It has no identity, it's not scary or even weird, the characters are dull, and the writing is just awful. Like, why is that murder in the restaurant brushed over? Why is it there to begin with and why are Sarah's character and Ivy pretty much unfazed by it? Why would the restaurant be allowed to open a week later? Why does the restaurant stay open when there's a power cut? Why is that couple allowed to move into that house where the couple was murdered so soon after the murders happened? Why doesn't Sarah's character immediately rush to look after her boy when there are killer clowns in her house? Why does she allow that weird babysitter to keep working for her when the babysitter let the little boy go across the street to a house where murders happened??

Having said that, the fact that Evan Peters managed to be scarier than killer clowns is a testament to his superior acting skills. He's almost too good for this show now. What a shame that AHS is getting like this - I think Ryan is running out of ideas.

I haven't watched Cult yet, but honestly I totally agree with your opening sentiments.

AHS simply isn't a mind-blowing show. It's average-ish more than anything :duck:

Hotel was boring, the other season with Gaga was boring. Coven was cool (fave season) and I couldn't watch the other seasons w/o getting bored, though I'll give them a second chance since those get the most praise.

P.S.: I think the only reason I'm not into AHS is cuz it's not actually scary. I always had high expectations that it'd scare me to death, but it's more drama/action/thriller than horror :confused:

Bradley

I watched both episodes twice and I've decided I liked the second episode better. I've always appreciated good acting from the cast and Episode 1 only showcased Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson's.

Billy Eichner was amazing in Episode 2, he should've been part of the main cast. But I also think Alison Pill only gets to really shine later in the season, she's obviously evil.

Cheyenne Jackson is also uncannily odd, his facial expressions made him seem like he's there to manipulate Ally.

Oh and Billie Lourd deserves a shoutout.

240?cb=20170912003748

he-clown-who-Ally-may-may-have-seen-jerk

The only people I trust are good are Ally and Detective Samuels (:bon:)

Bradley
9 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

I haven't watched Cult yet, but honestly I totally agree with your opening sentiments.

AHS simply isn't a mind-blowing show. It's average-ish more than anything :duck:

Hotel was boring, the other season with Gaga was boring. Coven was cool (fave season) and I couldn't watch the other seasons w/o getting bored, though I'll give them a second chance since those get the most praise.

P.S.: I think the only reason I'm not into AHS is cuz it's not actually scary. I always had high expectations that it'd scare me to death, but it's more drama/action/thriller than horror :confused:

AHS is never about scaring people. People watch AHS to see the actors deliver so yeah you should always treat it like thriller/drama.

I mean when people say they liked Jessica Lange, they didn't mean Jessica Lange was scary, they meant she's a great actress.

Antichrist
11 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Asylum is probably the only season that is remotely scary & horrifying. + The acting is phenomenal, you should check it out!

MonsterPaws
47 minutes ago, Bradley said:

AHS is never about scaring people. People watch AHS to see the actors deliver so yeah you should always treat it like thriller/drama.

I mean when people say they liked Jessica Lange, they didn't mean Jessica Lange was scary, they meant she's a great actress.

I was just hoping the 'horror' in 'American Horror Story' actually meant something. But the actors are incredible for sure (and Evan Peters can be my daddy any day :hor:).

47 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

Asylum is probably the only season that is remotely scary & horrifying. + The acting is phenomenal, you should check it out!

I'll give it a shot!

4 hours ago, Helxig said:

Yeah exactly like last year lmao but I am enjoying it too so far so good I'm intrigued  :bon:

4 hours ago, Bradley said:

When I said 'problematic' I meant something is wrong with the characters, like they're all villains.

Yeah every character is pretty sketchy except ally cuz we know more about her than anyone else, her wife is too nice :duck:

Bradley
7 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

Yeah every character is pretty sketchy except ally cuz we know more about her than anyone else, her wife is too nice :duck:

Her wife seems insincere to me, like she's hiding something. And if you read the post above, I think we can pretty much conclude she was the clown jerking off in episode 1. They wear the same shirt, and in episode two, she was the only clown who spoke to Oz saying 'You're asleep.' It sounded like Ivy doing a deep voice.

I think so far it's so good 

not flawless, but I'm really enjoying it. Home invasion scary movies are my fave/the scariest to me lmao so I'm living y'all! & like... seeing Billie's character luring Oz into the cult, scary! Makes me hate her lol like she's ruining the child 

7 minutes ago, neptugne said:

seeing Billie's character luring Oz into the cult, scary! Makes me hate her lol like she's ruining the child 

I hated that scene the most. :madge:

Also he looks and acts younger than 10.

FreePalestine

Archived