Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Cancelled Single Had Potential?

Twitter

Featured Posts

RodeckDanny

Do What U Want with a good and controversial video would have done great. 

Gypsy and Sheisse would have also been amazing singles!

I think boys boys boys and HML wouldn't have been good singles. 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aphrodisio said:

Yes. I'm not sure about the lyrics as well. The concept is fire. The lyrics should make more sense. And with a little wacky vibe, crazy, raw, raspy vocals, this could really match Rihanna. I'm referring to the slower version with heavier drums. Let's keep the funky chorus but make it a tiny bit sensual like that AMAZING DANCE. I actually think that while Gaga takes a rest, she really can take a dive into her stuff from ARTPOP and let her mind fill it with new ideas. She can still make this happen and we might not even recognize this album.

By the way, I made a post about how Joanne is the human ARTPOP (the more relatable version of an artist who shares his stories).

I believe I read said post lol I agree with it. She took her pain and made it into art, just without the pretension holding her back. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I think calling yourself an artist is what hinders you from actually making art. You get lost in the lofty trappings the word puts on you and the actual creativity suffers for it.

As for the first part of this, I could totally see Rihanna on the track if the lyrics were different. As it stands they are so uniquely Gaga that it would sound like a cover of Rihanna went on and sang some of the lines lol Sonically, though, I totally get the appeal and I agree, if she used the Swinefest mix of vocals and production it would suit a collaboration a lot.

14 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I believe I read said post lol I agree with it. She took her pain and made it into art, just without the pretension holding her back. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I think calling yourself an artist is what hinders you from actually making art. You get lost in the lofty trappings the word puts on you and the actual creativity suffers for it.

As for the first part of this, I could totally see Rihanna on the track if the lyrics were different. As it stands they are so uniquely Gaga that it would sound like a cover of Rihanna went on and sang some of the lines lol Sonically, though, I totally get the appeal and I agree, if she used the Swinefest mix of vocals and production it would suit a collaboration a lot.

And what do you think about the Aura (Burqa) demo vocals of the first verse?

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

1 minute ago, aphrodisio said:

And what do you think about the Aura (Burqa) demo vocals of the first verse?

The Burqa ones or the original Aura scream-y ones? I freakin' love those. I think they're so much more raw and go way harder than the ones we got in the Burqa demo and the final ARTPOP version. You feel that rage and fury she talked so much about. That and the way she says "more than enough" with the swerving inflection is a killer feature. You?

33 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

The Burqa ones or the original Aura scream-y ones? I freakin' love those. I think they're so much more raw and go way harder than the ones we got in the Burqa demo and the final ARTPOP version. You feel that rage and fury she talked so much about. That and the way she says "more than enough" with the swerving inflection is a killer feature. You?

TOTALLY THAT ^

The song had A LOT if not most of the potential to showcase what ARTPOP is all about!

I think Infected Mushroom make interesting pieces. This song deserves another version that is longer with the raw vocals of the "demo". I actually would change one thing about it and it's the bridge. Make it more ethnic. This on its own will make the song a little bit longer. The outro includes a killer bass that sucks your ears out like... ;)

AND NOW I JUST HAVE ANOTHER IDEA

Just think about the day you got ARTPOP loved it so much and then after a couple months when the tour begins Gaga DROPS an entire album for free on the app but in order to download it we have to sign up with an email, age and gender! Well, you know that they need the statistics and information about us

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF MY IDEA

The entire album she drops, the day before artRave begins, is full of the same songs but in their experimental version.

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

On 9/13/2017 at 8:24 PM, BloodyMonster said:

Starstruck would've been an easy #1 and another 7M+ seller if it followed PF

:tony:

On 9/13/2017 at 8:26 PM, GypsyBabe said:

All of them minus Boys Boys Boys, FOHL, and GH.

In my opinion, Monster would have smashed as well as Starstruck. I also feel like Sexxx Dreams would have done really well too. 

Starstruck :tony:

On 9/13/2017 at 8:32 PM, WildAmerican said:

Just in general, TF and TFM era could've been extended much longer. Starstruck and Boys Boys Boys could've been the 3rd and 4th singles of TFM (in between PF and LG) and then Monster and DITD could've been the 4th and 5th singles of TFM.

Starstruck :tony:

On 9/13/2017 at 8:36 PM, Blahwhatever22 said:

Scheiße could have slayed worldwide:firega:  The BTWB choreography for it deserved A music video:tony:

tumblr_m43aqzRZVI1qflx9wo1_500.gif

tumblr_mfszoqcCu41rt1axeo1_500.gif

:tony::tony::tony:

Sex Dreams was a ****ing bop and if she released it today it would still smash and if she released it 5 years from now it would still smash and if she released it after the fall of humanity where there was literally no person left on the planet it would still sell out on iTunes

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

I mean obviously Dance in the Dark. I think Gaga mainly had the video ideo for Alejandro and wanted it out more than the song. And I'm sure Interscope wasn't investing in a stand alone video. I also think Gagas teamed leak Burqua as an FU to the label for not listening to her. That song would've been epic and I can only imagine the video. I also had my own idea for a Gypsy video that could've had a video filmed in all of the locations she went in tour. Like that pic of her in the desert and that gorgeous picture of her naked on that art chair thing I think in Japan? 

Also I think A-YO should've been 3rd single instead of sending the Cure to radio

The Fame era I still think was flawless though. 

crackpoppodcast
21 hours ago, tthen said:

Maybe Venus, but not A-Yo. I can't remember the late 2013 scene really well, but I can def recall Oct 2016 (started with an explosive pussygate and ended with emails emails emails), and MR was def the better choice for that period of time. A-Yo should've been 3rd single around SB or Coachella.

I'm not saying it should've been the second single im just saying if it had been a single at all it would've smashed. 

On 9/14/2017 at 8:53 PM, aphrodisio said:

TOTALLY THAT ^

The song had A LOT if not most of the potential to showcase what ARTPOP is all about!

I think Infected Mushroom make interesting pieces. This song deserves another version that is longer with the raw vocals of the "demo". I actually would change one thing about it and it's the bridge. Make it more ethnic. This on its own will make the song a little bit longer. The outro includes a killer bass that sucks your ears out like... ;)

AND NOW I JUST HAVE ANOTHER IDEA

Just think about the day you got ARTPOP loved it so much and then after a couple months when the tour begins Gaga DROPS an entire album for free on the app but in order to download it we have to sign up with an email, age and gender! Well, you know that they need the statistics and information about us

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF MY IDEA

The entire album she drops, the day before artRave begins, is full of the same songs but in their experimental version.

One thing I like about the Burqa demo more than Aura's is the additional chorus in there. It feels very necessary when you hear it so I'd take that on then do that killer base finish you're talking about. I also like Infected Mushrooms. They make some cool stuff and even though I don't like their response to Gaga using their song, I totally get their feelings if they didn't like the final product. The original is their baby lol

I'd like to hear more experimental versions of the ARTPOP songs; or rather, some of them. I like GUY sounding really clean and chrome-finished. It suits it. Venus would be one I'd like to hear her go even further on in the crazy as you see her do it live.

monketsharona

The Fame : Starstruck could have been huge as last single from her debut album. Boys Boys Boys could have done great too.

The Fame Monster : All the songs could have smashed at that time to be honest :yay: But DITD is definitely one of her biggest missed opportunities... Still bitter about it.

Born This Way : MTN could have smashed as lead single from this album even if BTW did too... She should have released ScheiBe and Bloody Mary as final singles. A video of Bloody Mary could have been a amazing masterpiece. 

ARTPOP : Not sure she could have got a big hit with any of other songs from ARTPOP. DWUW was her huge missed opportunity on this album... Gypsy could have been a cute hit as final single.

Joanne : Apart DIC I don't see any other songs doing great on that album. I'm not even sure that song could have been a hit.. I don't see any potential big hit on this album since the start to be honest...

Non album single : The Cure of course... Another missed opportunity.. This song did quite great considering the lack of attention it got from Lady Gaga. Add a video and some performances and the song is going big. 

PatrickMonster

There was obviously no time to release an international 5th single from The Fame, because Paparazzi was release July-September (varied to countries around the world), and they put out Bad Romance in October. A single needs at least 3 months to chart, especially if its successful. Bad Romance was released on the right time because she had a chance to perform on various shows (AMAs, SNL, X-Factor etc), it would have been a waste to promote a 5th single from The Fame. 5th singles tend to do bad because the radios have more than enough singles from your album to play they dont jump that easily on a 5th one. Well maybe if you are Katy Perry with lots of payola but thats a different story.

After that releasing a 4th one for TFM even if I would have loved that, it would have been a mistake. People needed a break from Gaga after she released Alejandro in April-May of 2010. It charted to at least till September, and Gaga debuted BTW in February. People had less than half a year without  a new single while Gaga was still everywhere with her meat dress and touring etc. Its essential for the GP to have a break from an artist, we dont want overexposure.

For BTW MTN flopped too much while You and I only did well in like the US. Whatever she would have released it was destined to flop, it was a good decision from Interscope to pull the plug. Obviously from fan aspect it would have been cool to see another music video, but the girl was overworked already and prepared for the BTW Ball, she had enough trouble on her mind.

A 4th single from ARTPOP would have been a joke. Its hard to say it but thats the truth. G.U.Y.'s floppage is one of the biggest one in music history froma huge artist like Gaga, the GP clearly has spoken that it was enough from this era.

For Joanne I think they should have released another one, but The Cure was a better choice than any other song, so they still had a good decision.

Joshie S
On 14/09/2017 at 11:51 AM, aphrodisio said:

Almost all of them.

It was a crime not giving Aura an extended version, a Beyonce duet (or just a sound of her at the beginning of the song being left on highway 10) and a single treatment and a Telephone continuation MV as well as not giving Sex Dreams the original name and a Rihanna collaboration and raw instruments and a slower, sexier more sensual vibe (like the iTunes Festival rehearsal) and a huge coca cola advertisement MV with red lightings and a lot of promo with Coca Cola all around the world, including TV and cinemas, streets and bars.

PRAYING. ONE DAY. I'm sure that's what she wanted!!!

OT: she could pick any song she's ever made and turn it into a single, they're all single worthy.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Archived