đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Cancelled Single Had Potential?

Twitter

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, HANZ said:

Monster would have slayed as single tbh, perfect song to end TFM era

and ScheiBe would be difficult to predict since most of the song she is either saying bad words or singing in another language but it would have been remembered as great Pop Single with a killer video and choreography

meanwhile Venus had ZERO potential to do something, the song is just not for the GP, even some stans don't like it that much, DWUW>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DWUW has a convicted pedophile.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LittleMonster20
1 hour ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Ideal ARTPOP era in singles:

Lead Single:Do What You Want(Solo)

This would have been a HUGE hit.The sound is unique,the song is amazing,and with good promo,could have gone #1.Roar would be cancelled:)

Sexxx Dreams

Always felt like a missed oppurtunity,a great song.Could have been top 10,or with some good promo top 5.

Aura

Gaga herself wanted this to be a single,chartly same situation as Sexxx Dreams.

Applause

Had to be a single,would be top 3 for sure.

Donatella:

Amazing single-material.Would'ven at least top 5.

Promo Singles:

Venus and G.U.Y

Gypsy

Nice single to end the era,top 10,or with good promo top 5.

8 minutes ago, tthen said:

DWUW has a convicted pedophile.

yeah that kinda ruined the moment

should have been DWUW feat Xtina since the very beginning

the ARTPOP era could have been a different story tbh

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

11 minutes ago, HANZ said:

yeah that kinda ruined the moment

should have been DWUW feat Xtina since the very beginning

the ARTPOP era could have been a different story tbh

There'd be a DWUW vid 

2 minutes ago, tthen said:

There'd be a DWUW vid 

and some lesbian action between those 2 in the MV, lol

and wearing a venus kind of thing in it

tumblr_mn3dy9qHKX1r90g7ao1_250.gif

a concept

RnLa8ZE.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

1 hour ago, ZeldaJ said:

Aura as a lead single would'be been lit :staymad:

I'm sure the artRAVE in theaters would have been lit as well.

I don't know if Beautiful Dirty Rich would have had success but I'm disappointed it was replaced by Poker Face, it's actually one of the best songs of The Fame. Maybe she would have had seemed less basic in the eyes of the public.

Dance in the Dark could have had success.

Really disappointed that Speechless wasn't a single. It was so important to her. And if it had had success, she would definitely have seemed more talented in the eyes of the public. Her career wouldn't have been the same. Now all the people who don't pay attention to pop music think she's untalented and basic because they just know Poker Face.

I'm not sure about ScheiĂźe, the chorus would have worked but the "ich schleiban..." part ? Not sure it would have been radio-friendly. And if you cut it, the song lasts what, 2 minutes ?

And a lot of Born this Way songs are too "avant-garde" to be singles I think, it's better this way.

Aura is maybe a bit too weird to be a single, but I wish Gaga could have been free to do what she wanted with ARTPOP.

I'm happy Million Reasons replaced A-YO. Finally, she has a ballad that gets exposure. It should have happened long ago.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

sillynate

Monster and DITD would've slayed anyone who listened :classy:

However I don't think Scheiße would've smashed because it's the word sh*t in German. Probably would've been a Judas type of single. Moderate but bad for her 2009-2010 standards.

Venus. The Venus arms was legitimately a big thing at my HS senior year cause everyone picked up on it from the few fans and had fun with it. Just walking down the hallway? Throw your arms up "VENUS". It was hilarious and fun.

20 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I mean I'd love to get all the music videos but I don't see any of those becoming hits. DIDT Scheisse and Sexxx Dreams really deserved killer videos

SD video would've made me SO happy.

Antichrist

i always thought that venus could become the next bad romance, it just has gaga written all over it, every part of the song is a memorable hook.

giphy.gif

I would have been here for Scheisse inatead of Judas tbh, it would have slayed

also, DITD and speechless deserved to be singles.... actually, all TFM album was single worthy

21 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Oh alright, I see what you're saying. To that end I would agree, although I think Sexxx Dreams is pretty funny to me lol She really was playing with words ARTPOP era (GUY, MANiCURE, DWUW, Art+Pop, Jewels N' Drugs). I also prefer Sex Dreams. tbh I'm surprised Interscope let her add the letters since from an internet impressions standpoint it's more likely to appear spelled normally, but whatever. I actually think the song has BR potential if slowed down to a more slinky vibe and less EDM party anthem. It could still have EDM, but listen to MGMT's Electric Feel. 1) The drop is the same 2) It feels more natural because it is a hybrid of synths and instrumentation. My only reservation about Rihanna and Sex Dreams is that Sex Dreams has some really bonkers Gaga lyrics that really only she could pull off singing without them sounding too strange. Rihanna has never veered that way and I think they would sound weird coming from her. Even if they wrote her another verse, it would have to fit the song which would mean weird-ish lyrics. Idk, sonically I get why people are for it, but I just don't think Rihanna would fit the lyricism of the song well. Now DiC :giggle: That's definitely up her alley of mildly metaphorical but still very straightforward, sexy poetry.

Yes. I'm not sure about the lyrics as well. The concept is fire. The lyrics should make more sense. And with a little wacky vibe, crazy, raw, raspy vocals, this could really match Rihanna. I'm referring to the slower version with heavier drums. Let's keep the funky chorus but make it a tiny bit sensual like that AMAZING DANCE. I actually think that while Gaga takes a rest, she really can take a dive into her stuff from ARTPOP and let her mind fill it with new ideas. She can still make this happen and we might not even recognize this album.

By the way, I made a post about how Joanne is the human ARTPOP (the more relatable version of an artist who shares his stories).

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

Archived