💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Cancelled Single Had Potential?

Twitter

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, slayo said:

Starsturck, Boys Boys Boys, Monster, Scheisse, Marry the Night, Aura, Venus, Gypsy, A-YO, Joanne, and Diamond Heart were all missed opportunities.

:neyde: MTN was a single. Though I agree with all the rest. The fact that BBB, Monster, Sheisse, Gypsy, and Diamond Heart aren't singles is a crime.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gabeoz said:

:neyde: MTN was a single. Though I agree with all the rest. The fact that BBB, Monster, Sheisse, Gypsy, and Diamond Heart aren't singles is a crime.

:classy: Marry the Night WAS a missed opportunity, it should have been the lead or second single. 

Make it stupid!

Flapjack

oh honnnneeey, all of them. Tbh each era in the beginning ( and now :selena:) should have had more singles. The GP ate her up, so it would have changed her shows pretty dramatically, ala DITD not being left in a trunk on highway 10

1 minute ago, Flapjack said:

oh honnnneeey, all of them. Tbh each era in the beginning ( and now :selena:) should have had more singles. The GP ate her up, so it would have changed her shows pretty dramatically, ala DITD not being left in a trunk on highway 10

DITD, the single that could(ve) :selena: 

Everyone loves Starstruck. It's probably my least fave off TF. The Fame (song) should've been a single.

GaGaAst

Starstruck #1 (would have sold more than 5 millions) Florida was at peak 

Dance in the dark #3

Monster #3

Marry the night #1

Schibee #1

heavy metal lover #3

Aura #3 (might have flopped because it was too loud for GP, but its a bop) 

Sex dreams #1

Gypsy #1

Ok. I can't write anymore. Breaks my heart knowing farmga doesn't want no 1 status.. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

1 minute ago, GaGaAst said:

Starstruck #1 (would have sold more than 5 millions) Florida was at peak 

Dance in the dark #3

Monster #3

Marry the night #1

Schibee #1

heavy metal lover #3

Aura #3 (might have flopped because it was too loud for GP, but its a bop) 

Sex dreams #1

Gypsy #1

Ok. I can't write anymore. Breaks my heart knowing farmga doesn't want no 1 status.. 

'Nam flashbacks :selena: 

Ernie Swift

I think that Monster and Scheiße could have both been successful if they were chosen as singles. Also, I don't know of Gypsy would have done well, but I think it would have been a better way to say goodbye to the ARTPOP era.

Love Love Love

27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Why does it matter if Sexxx Dreams has 3 x's or one? I'd also be here for the iTunes rehearsal trance vibes, but not necessarily Rihanna. I don't feel like they'd gel well there. I'd actually think Dancin' in Circles would suit her voice better.

Because in my opinion Sex Dreams appears to 'look' more iconic.

The thought of seeing a video of Lady Gaga - Sexxx Dreams on YouTube doesn't make me excited like Do What U Want as a title didn't excite me. It's the XXX and the U. Maybe someone thought it's cool and yeah it is appreciated by some little monsters or fans but I love the classic titles that seem effortlessly beautiful without looking like a try-hard. Not saying that it is a try-hard but it is a very... strange one, to those who appreciate the classic titles of Gaga. Sex Dreams was the title of the demo version and it sounded so promising that I actually felt like we're in for another Bad Romance. I did enjoy the song but the title really matters, in my opinion. The song isn't bad, I love it so much. The iTunes Festival Rehearsal vibe was extremely unique and I think this really needs to happen. The Rihanna collaboration can actually match if we're going for a slower song, real instruments, less EDM, more sensuality, and sexuality. AND YES! Dancin' in Circles is something I always thought Rihanna fits. She could get her own verse and even the bridge, singing the last chorus with Gaga.

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

5 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Everyone loves Starstruck. It's probably my least fave off TF. The Fame (song) should've been a single.

Fans generally dislike it. People say it should have been a single cause it sold extremely well. 

2 minutes ago, aphrodisio said:

Because in my opinion Sex Dreams appears to 'look' more iconic.

The thought of seeing a video of Lady Gaga - Sexxx Dreams on YouTube doesn't make me excited like Do What U Want as a title didn't excite me. It's the XXX and the U. Maybe someone thought it's cool and yeah it is appreciated by some little monsters or fans but I love the classic titles that seem effortlessly beautiful without looking like a try-hard. Not saying that it is a try-hard but it is a very... strange one, to those who appreciate the classic titles of Gaga. Sex Dreams was the title of the demo version and it sounded so promising that I actually felt like we're in for another Bad Romance. I did enjoy the song but the title really matters, in my opinion. The song isn't bad, I love it so much. The iTunes Festival Rehearsal vibe was extremely unique and I think this really needs to happen. The Rihanna collaboration can actually match if we're going for a slower song, real instruments, less EDM, more sensuality, and sexuality. AND YES! Dancin' in Circles is something I always thought Rihanna fits. She could get her own verse and even the bridge, singing the last chorus with Gaga.

Oh alright, I see what you're saying. To that end I would agree, although I think Sexxx Dreams is pretty funny to me lol She really was playing with words ARTPOP era (GUY, MANiCURE, DWUW, Art+Pop, Jewels N' Drugs). I also prefer Sex Dreams. tbh I'm surprised Interscope let her add the letters since from an internet impressions standpoint it's more likely to appear spelled normally, but whatever. I actually think the song has BR potential if slowed down to a more slinky vibe and less EDM party anthem. It could still have EDM, but listen to MGMT's Electric Feel. 1) The drop is the same 2) It feels more natural because it is a hybrid of synths and instrumentation. My only reservation about Rihanna and Sex Dreams is that Sex Dreams has some really bonkers Gaga lyrics that really only she could pull off singing without them sounding too strange. Rihanna has never veered that way and I think they would sound weird coming from her. Even if they wrote her another verse, it would have to fit the song which would mean weird-ish lyrics. Idk, sonically I get why people are for it, but I just don't think Rihanna would fit the lyricism of the song well. Now DiC :giggle: That's definitely up her alley of mildly metaphorical but still very straightforward, sexy poetry.

SCHEISSEMONTRE
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

DIDT Scheisse and Sexxx Dreams really deserved killer videos

Preach.

Boys Boys Boys should've been the last single of TF era.

DITD Should've been the 4th or last single of the TFM.

Monster should've been the second single after "The Timeless hit".

Scheiße should've been replaced by Judas (I love both these songs) but for a marketing, I think that making religious people angry isn't a good idea (I'll probably be cruisfied for this).

MTN should've been a single, but not the last single.

Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams,  MANiCURE, and Gypsy  should've be singles 

Aura: leading single 

Venus: first single

Sexxx Dreams + MANiCURE: second single 

DWUW: third single

Applasue: forth single 

Gypsy: fifth and last single.

And For A-YO.... Idk 

really idk. 

Mychal

SCHEISSEMONTRE
1 minute ago, SCHEIBE MONSTRE said:

Preach.

Boys Boys Boys should've been the last single of TF era.

DITD Should've been the 4th or last single of the TFM.

Monster should've been the second single after "The Timeless hit".

Scheiße should've been replaced by Judas (I love both these songs) but for a marketing, I think that making religious people angry isn't a good idea (I'll probably be cruisfied for this).

MTN should've been a single, but not the last single.

Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams,  MANiCURE, and Gypsy  should've be singles 

Aura: leading single 

Venus: first single

Sexxx Dreams + MANiCURE: second single 

DWUW: third single

Applasue: forth single 

Gypsy: fifth and last single.

And For A-YO.... Idk 

really idk. 

Oh I almost forgot about Diamond Heart, DiC, and John Wayne. These songs should be singles....  

Mychal

Just now, SCHEIBE MONSTRE said:

Oh I almost forgot about Diamond Heart, DiC, and John Wayne. These songs should be singles....  

THe forgotten holy trinity of Joanne :selena: 

Archived