Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
politics

Motel 6 calls ICE on its guests

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince   Paws Up 40,778
Morphine Prince

 

Edited by Morphine Prince
It's the people who don't recognize the racism within themselves that can be the most damaging because they don't see it.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
tthen   Paws Up 3,453
tthen

With every passing day, my feelings for the US turn sour. I can see that "lesser of two evils" argument that was constantly being thrown around doesn't look too bad now eh :saladga:

  • Like 2
Betty White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Booker DeWitt   Paws Up 13,470
Booker DeWitt

Sneaky :ph34r:

I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HOMODRAKE   Paws Up 4,374
HOMODRAKE

Did the deportees at least get a refund? :selena:

In all seriousness, I really wanna know why Motel 6 would wanna do this. Like, they're getting money from these immigrants who aren't committing bad crimes and are just looking for a place to spend the night. How messed up is that? Go focus on the drug ODs, theft and killings that happen at your establishments instead of ruining innocent peoples' lives, like wtf? :toofunny:

  • Like 7
Previously Gummy Bear, then NOT Marinara 👀

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
tellemhone   Paws Up 2,388
tellemhone
Just now, HOMODRAKE said:

Did the deportees at least get a refund? :selena:

In all seriousness, I really wanna know why Motel 6 would wanna do this. Like, they're getting money from these immigrants who aren't committing bad crimes and are just looking for a place to spend the night. How messed up is that? Go focus on the drug ODs, theft and killings that happen at your establishments instead of ruining innocent peoples' lives, like wtf? :toofunny:

 

The drugs, theft, and killings might be why they started doing it

:air: :air: :air:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 45,274
PunkTheFunk
4 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I mean... if they're illegal, they're illegal

Yes, but there's also this thing called compassion :selena:

  • Like 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy   Paws Up 2,631
Buddy
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Yes, but there's also this thing called compassion :selena:

The law is the law, if there's something wrong with it then change it. These people can apply to be here legally. If they don't make the cut, that's just the way the world works. They can then work on improving their own country while we work on improving ours.

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 45,274
PunkTheFunk
Just now, Buddy said:

The law is the law, if there's something wrong with it then change it

Laws discriminating against Jews in Nazi Germany were laws too :selena: Just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right :selena:

  • Like 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeka   Paws Up 8,185
Seeka
2 minutes ago, Buddy said:

The law is the law, if there's something wrong with it then change it. These people can apply to be here legally. If they can't, tough luck. Then work on improving your own country.

I see you have very black and white morals.

  • Like 8
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 45,274
PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, Buddy said:

These people can apply to be here legally.

If it was that easy don't you think they would try it? :selena:

  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy   Paws Up 2,631
Buddy
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

Laws discriminating against Jews in Nazi Germany were laws too :selena: Just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right :selena:

What happened towards the Jews in Nazi Germany were a violation of human rights. It is not the same, we are not exterminating or discriminating against anybody. Countries have border laws for a reason. If the world had no borders, we would all be screwed.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy   Paws Up 2,631
Buddy
3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

I see you have very black and white morals.

I believe in the importance of border laws. I don't think immigrants running away from their own countries pitfalls is a very effective way of fixing their issues. 

3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

If it was that easy don't you think they would try it? :selena:

It's not easy, and it shouldn't be easy. If all you can say is I lack compassion, I don't care. 

Edited by Buddy

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 45,274
PunkTheFunk
1 minute ago, Buddy said:

What happened towards the Jews in Nazi Germany were a violation of human rights. It is not the same, we are not exterminating or discriminating against anybody. Countries have border laws for a reason. If the world had no borders, we would all be screwed.

America was built on illegal immigration :selena: I'm not saying you should leave the borders wide open but if there's a person that left Mexico in search of a better life in the US and settled down and is contributing positively to the economy, don't you think it's wrong to kick them out?

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ProdigyARTPOP   Paws Up 800
ProdigyARTPOP
9 minutes ago, Buddy said:

What happened towards the Jews in Nazi Germany were a violation of human rights. It is not the same, we are not exterminating or discriminating against anybody. Countries have border laws for a reason. If the world had no borders, we would all be screwed.

Actually you are, the conditions these immigrants live in when ICE takes them away could be compared to concentration camps, these people leave their countries in search of safety, survival and a better future. The process to enter this country "legally could most of the time take decades. Time these people don't have, plus wasn't this country based on the principle of the "American Dream" where everyone who came searching for their pursuit of happiness could?

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×