Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alejandro's Meaning ?

Kanyeee West

Featured Posts

Copied straight from MTV.

Klein said; "[It is] about a woman's desire to resurrect a dead love and who can not face the brutality of her present situation. The pain of living without your true love."

---

Also I think it's about church and their relationship with gays etc.. 

boyerased

For some reason I feel like the Holy Trinity conspiracy bears weight, especially after the religious and homosexual undertones in the video. Although she "accepted" God by swallowing the rosary on it.

Lord Temptation

Alejandro is about gays in the military, told through the metaphor of Alexander the Great, who had gay lovers (in particular the love of his life was a fellow soldier, Hephastion) but who had to marry for political purposes. That is, to keep the family alive, a man must succumb to a woman - even if all he wants is to make love to a fellow man. I also think it's about the point of view of the woman who knows that her lover can never love her the way he loves H-I-M, but must accept this as fate in order for H-E-R family to survive. So in a nutshell, it's about sex vs survival, love vs war.

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, Steve Nasty said:

Just like Telephone, the video has almost nothing to do with the song.

Telephone song = stop calling me im getting lit

Telephone video = commentary on consumerism in america, also feminism?

Alejandro song = saying goodbye to her lover (and past lovers)

Alejandro video = commentary on the conflicts between religion and LGBT, as well as DADT

Yea idk what Gaga was smoking in 2010 

giphy.webp

She needs to call her dealer. Now. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

Telephone song = stop calling me im getting lit

Telephone video = commentary on consumerism in america, also feminism?

Alejandro song = saying goodbye to her lover (and past lovers)

Alejandro video = commentary on the conflicts between religion and LGBT, as well as DADT

giphy.webp

These are sophisticated metaphors that give depth to her work. :madge:

The song was written while they were in Amsterdam and Ibiza during the summer of 2009 according to RedOne. The violin solo played at the beginning of the song is an adaptation of the main melody of the only famous work of Vittorio Monti: Csárdás (or Czardas). In fact, the song progression is not entirely unlike that of a traditional Csárdás, starting slowly at first and ending with a fast tempo. With this particular song, she stated "I'm saying goodbye to all my past boyfriends..". In an interview, Gaga said that each of her songs written for The Fame Monster were all influenced by a monster. The monsters all take place in each song; for example, "Alejandro" was influenced by her "Fear of Men Monster". She confirmed this monster in an interview On the Record with Fuse. In the song, 'Alejandro' represents Alexander McQueen, 'Fernando' represents Fernando Garibay, one of the producers she worked with on the album and for The Monster Ball Tour, and 'Roberto' represents Rob Fusari, an old producer and ex-boyfriend. The lyrics talk about Gaga defending herself against a "harem" of Latin men and has a number of ABBA allusions, including a reference to their 1976 song "Fernando", which Gaga cited as one of her influences.

its about walking away from a guy coz shes not ready for love or doesn't think it is the real deal. its a blessing in disguise. its like why the players get the girls but not the love.

6 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

heroin

Serial Chiller
14 hours ago, Neroneau said:

yeah, she says it's about gay love, but I don't get it, to me it sounds like she was a player with Fernando, Pancho, Nacho and Alejandro but chose to stay with Alejandro, with a sprinkle of daddy issues (lyrics "her bf's just liker her dad") :huh:

Gags has had her eyes set on Daddy Carrino since 2010. :usrs:

On 13/09/2017 at 4:10 PM, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

You HEATHEN! 

the correct lyrics are "but her boyfriends like a dad, just like a dad" :trollga:

makes so much sense now, I'm such a flopfan :emma:

Glamourpuss
On 13/09/2017 at 2:25 PM, RainbowBlonde said:

I think I once heard her say it's got something to do with the don't ask don't tell policy in US military or something like that...

...which tbh sounds kinda bs :poot:

...like many of her other song explanations :poot:

So true. It's like she makes it up on the spot sometimes. :laughga:

• 3 months later...

Archived