Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
news

Gaga has fibromyalgia

Featured Posts

jinko   Paws Up 2,905
jinko
5 minutes ago, Fiona Apple said:

It won't be understood by people that don't understand how logic and possibilities work. Cause I explained thousands of timesw that I am not actually blaming Gaga for anything,I just expressed a doubt.

sympathy, humanity and basic decency

tenor.gif

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zilla   Paws Up 7,700
Zilla

I honestly CANNOT believe I'm actually reading that people are speculating that she's faking it. Like what the hell? 

  • Like 22

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fiona Apple   Paws Up 12,374
Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, jinko said:

sympathy, humanity and basic decency

tenor.gif

Stupidity as well

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fiona Apple   Paws Up 12,374
Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, gag said:

Okay then.

Since all you're seeking is the possibility that she's lying, I'll just ask what is unbelievable about this? Why is it so hard to believe she could be suffering from all of it?

But I never said it's not easily possible for her to be saying the truth as well. I am just saying that she would have stuff to earn from lying about mental illnesses etc. to get supporters,seem compassionate and relatable.

Again I am not actually supporting that she is lying,I just can't support that she is telling the truth about all those mental illnesses too. (And yes I never spoke specifically for fibromyalgia)

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mitchey   Paws Up 239
Mitchey

Wow, how sweet and fkn perfect some of your lives must be. Anyone here questioning Gaga's sincerity is a fkn prick and has very clearly never experienced any type of mental illness or chronic pain. Fck, I hope she doesn't see this. You insensitive little cnts. 

 

Gaga, we love you baby 

Edited by Mitchey
  • Like 12

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZiggyZiggs   Paws Up 13,069
ZiggyZiggs
3 minutes ago, jinko said:

sympathy, humanity and basic decency

tenor.gif

gurl don't reply to that Fiona person, they're as ignorant as monsters can get on GGD. This isn't the first time they've wrote stupid ****

  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
Acceptance

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Robagaga   Paws Up 6,613
Robagaga

Ohhh no this is soo sad.

I think the fibromyalgia probably came from the PTSD. 

A lot of people who have PTSD develop fibromyalgia

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zilla   Paws Up 7,700
Zilla

I ask that ya'll stop fighting while we work this out. The thread isn't even about the OP anymore and I don't want to have to lock it because of the arguing ok TIA

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
jinko   Paws Up 2,905
jinko
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

gurl don't reply to that Fiona person, they're as ignorant as monsters can get on GGD. This isn't the first time they've wrote stupid ****

Sis I kinda get that she's trolling but what she's saying's just... out of this world :sharon: It's funny and scary at the same time! Then there's another girl on here saying everything a popstar releases is "well-thought out" - I mean GIRL what kind of fucced up agent would tell her client: "You know what will sell your records sweety? Fibromyalgia". I CANNNNNNNNTTTT

  • Like 7
  • LMAO 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stef   Paws Up 22,503
Stef

Every day I thank God a little bit harder that Gaga doesn’t acknowledge this absolute travesty of an excuse of a “fan” site anymore. 

  • Like 13
"you're only as good as your last piece of work"

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gag   Paws Up 9,109
gag
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

But I never said it's not easily possible for her to be saying the truth as well. I am just saying that she would have stuff to earn from lying about mental illnesses etc. to get supporters,seem compassionate and relatable.

Again I am not actually supporting that she is lying,I just can't support that she is telling the truth about all those mental illnesses too. (And yes I never spoke specifically for fibromyalgia)

Okay so... basically you have no point? The initial argument of "I'm just saying she has stuff to earn" was just unnecessary and insensitive without a basis to anything you're doubting.

Also the bolded sentence is a complete contradiction, you're not saying she's lying but you don't believe her at the same time? Again, why is it so difficult for you to support that she's telling the truth about the mental illnesses? They're cleary easily explainable and linked together comorbidly (i.e. her rape case led to PTSD and depression, which led to her drug addiction and abusive relationships which led to further depression)?

Anyways, it's unnecessary for you to make your point anymore. We get it, there's a possibility she could be lying, but you're basically advocating for that which of course is going to make peope angry in GGD.

  • Like 3
headspin, happiness, Ḑ̸̖͕̱͔͚͙͇̝̆̉̃̅̽͂͐̑̌̈͂͜͝͠Ě̶̛̛̼̠̤͇̮̬̘̱͈̼̩̯̤̾̊̂̓͂̈́̑̋ͅA̶̮͒͗͊͋̾̈́̽̈́̐͜͝͝ͅT̷̢̛͙̖̳͇̖̲̮͖̘̗̹̔̓́͒̈̏̈́̊̑͋͜Ȟ̴̡̼̮̟̣̤̞̲̄͋̈́̀̊̚

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxe Ford   Paws Up 1,599
Luxe Ford

Poor baby!

At least it is a condition that is recognised these days. Before it was considered a "nagging woman's" thing and not a real thing.

No real cure, but can be treated with a combination of pain killers (not the best choice for G considering earlier addiction) and SSRI (anti-depressants working solely on serotonin supply in the brain. Prozac, Paxil etc.).

  • Like 1
Though fond of fun I'm never rude. Though not too bad I'm not too good.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb   Paws Up 6,483
giskardsb
31 minutes ago, Fiona Apple said:

I understand you but I really didn't say she DID lie or that she didn't have any sicknesses. I said that there is a possibility that she made some of that stuff up for any reasons. ( without even actually BELIEVING that this is what she did) It's different having doubts and actually believing something.

2)Cancer/chemotherapy is different than mental illnesses (which are the ones that I mostly mentioned in my posts).We haven't seen the documentary yet,and it will probably prove that this specific illness (which is physical mostly I think) is real though.

 I really understand your point tbh and I might come off as really insensitive.But really this is not what I tried to do. It's just a doubt that I have in my mind about all the stuff she talks about and I wanted to express it because objectively talking,it could be a true possibility.

I think your ( and many other's) mistake is equating pain that may have a mental illness component as "fake" while pains with obvious physical cause are "real."  To a pain sufferer it doesn't matter, and both types of pain need to be handled with appropriate treatment.   People tend to think that mental health issues can be solved just by "thinking right", or that people with mental health issues are "weak" and so mental health problems get discounted.   It's simple ignorance about very real issues brought on by mental health problems.  I don't know the source of Gaga's pain but her pain is obviously very real and debilitating.  I hope she can find the root cause and deal with it appropriately.   However, as humans we still do not understand the mind/body connection in a complete way, although eastern modes of treatment consider this aspect much more completely than western.  

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fiona Apple   Paws Up 12,374
Fiona Apple
5 minutes ago, gag said:

Okay so... basically you have no point? The initial argument of "I'm just saying she has stuff to earn" was just unnecessary and insensitive without a basis to anything you're doubting.

Also the bolded sentence is a complete contradiction, you're not saying she's lying but you don't believe her at the same time? Again, why is it so difficult for you to support that she's telling the truth about the mental illnesses? They're cleary easily explainable and linked together comorbidly (i.e. her rape case led to PTSD and depression, which led to her drug addiction and abusive relationships which led to further depression)?

Anyways, it's unnecessary for you to make your point anymore. We get it, there's a possibility she could be lying, but you're basically advocating for that which of course is going to make peope angry in GGD.

I wasn't really trying to make an important point in the first place.I was just expressing my doubt about the general situation.I don't really think it was any insensitive even if it looks like it is.

I don't see how it's a contradiction lmao. I don't have to support one or the other opinion as long I have not even seen the documentary.. People always feel the need to take sides. I am really not taking a side here. I am seeing the possibilities and when I see the documentary ,I will probably end up having an opinion.

Yes it was unnecessary frm the beggining to make such a big conversation about something that is not discussable?But I had to do it after all that negativity

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fiona Apple   Paws Up 12,374
Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I think your ( and many other's) mistake is equating pain that may have a mental illness component as "fake" while pains with obvious physical cause are "real."  To a pain sufferer it doesn't matter, and both types of pain need to be handled with appropriate treatment.   People tend to think that mental health issues can be solved just by "thinking right", or that people with mental health issues are "weak" and so mental health problems get discounted.   It's simple ignorance about very real issues brought on by mental health problems.  I don't know the source of Gaga's pain but her pain is obviously very real and debilitating.  I hope she can find the root cause and deal with it appropriately.   However, as humans we still do not understand the mind/body connection in a complete way, although eastern modes of treatment consider this aspect much more completely than western.  

Oh sweety I never doubted that mental illnesses exist. I know that they exist because I've had depression/anxiety for years.

That's all your assumption

I agree with the ending of your post though. I wish Gaga the best,and if she has problems of any kind,I wish her to find the best solutions

Edited by Fiona Apple

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×