Jump to content
Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
news

Gaga has fibromyalgia

Featured Posts

permotio   Paws Up 305
permotio

Jesus guys, why would she lie about fibromyalgia for "attention" or "sympathy"? You're sick.

  • Like 18

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutch   Paws Up 8,326
Dutch

Anyhow, I'm so proud I'm stanning a strong queen like Gaga. Even when I think I can't have more respect for her, she proves me wrong. A true inspiration. :giveup:

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lana Winters   Paws Up 686
Lana Winters
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

I believe you about the sickness.People tend to be ignorant about any sickness that can't be proved easily. Sorry if you felt like I was underestimating your pain but really that wasn't my point/purpose

You're good, I promise! :hug: I'm sorry if I came across as harsh, I just want to educate because it's something people don't understand unless they're going through it.

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeanWinchester   Paws Up 29,284
DeanWinchester
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

No I CLEARLY stated that I am not sure and that it seems weird to me. I never blamed her. Maybe crazy stans that can't stand a different point of view would see this as BLAMING and hate.But it really wasn't

You're not sure she has fibromyalgia? I'm a crazy stan?

Alright. Let me get this straight. I am a nurse by profession. Pain is something that can never be measured by another person, even us health professionals. We use pain scales, qualifiers, but no nurse, doctor, dentist, physiotherapist, etc can accurately pinpoint, detect and approximate pain. We have not reached that level of medical advancement yet. The most credible source of information on pain is the person feeling the pain. And if it is accompanied by several nonverbal cues (as is the case for people with dementia or cognitive problems), and noticeable change in vital signs, body changes, then the pain is there.

Majority of health disorders stem from another, so it is not uncommon for one person to have so many problems.

Don't call others ignorant if you yourself are unsure what entails a disorder and what doesn't.

  • Like 30
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 5
*muffled Jewels N' Drugs in the background*

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GypsyBabe   Paws Up 5,990
GypsyBabe

I DO TOO! Girl! It is ****ing terrible. Poor thing :giveup:

  • Like 8
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tan Fei   Paws Up 295
Tan Fei

those who say shes fake . faking it in the docu . faking illness . how do u want her to prove it ? her collapsing in front of u ? her doctor to come and announce to the world?   fans always want her to hear their sad stories and all . but when it comes to her , they dont want to listen and trust her,  always doubting her 

  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lana Winters   Paws Up 686
Lana Winters
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

You're not sure she has fibromyalgia? I'm a crazy stan?

Alright. Let me get this straight. I am a nurse by profession. Pain is something that can never be measured by another person, even us health professionals. We use pain scales, qualifiers, but no nurse, doctor, dentist, physiotherapist, etc can accurately pinpoint, detect and approximate pain. We have not reached that level of medical advancement yet. The most credible source of information on pain is the person feeling the pain. And if it is accompanied by several nonverbal cues (as is the case for people with dementia or cognitive problems), and noticeable change in vital signs, body changes, then the pain is there.

Majority of health disorders stem from another, so it is not uncommon for one person to have so many problems.

Don't call others ignorant if you yourself are unsure what entails a disorder and what doesn't.

Can I hug you? :giveup: Bless you for this post. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fiona Apple   Paws Up 12,189
Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

You're not sure she has fibromyalgia? I'm a crazy stan?

Alright. Let me get this straight. I am a nurse by profession. Pain is something that can never be measured by another person, even us health professionals. We use pain scales, qualifiers, but no nurse, doctor, dentist, physiotherapist, etc can accurately pinpoint, detect and approximate pain. We have not reached that level of medical advancement yet. The most credible source of information on pain is the person feeling the pain. And if it is accompanied by several nonverbal cues (as is the case for people with dementia or cognitive problems), and noticeable change in vital signs, body changes, then the pain is there.

Majority of health disorders stem from another, so it is not uncommon for one person to have so many problems.

Don't call others ignorant if you yourself are unsure what entails a disorder and what doesn't.

I wasn't even talking about the fibromyalgia thing specifically though. I was talking generally about all the mental/physical stuff she has talked about during the years.

I never said that the sickness is bullshit,or even that Gaga is actually lying.

I just saw a possibility that never gets stated in these forums, and I wanted to get it out there. I knew tbh that I would get hate for it.But I felt like it and did it.

I didn't blame her or said that what I am saying is the truth and all of her sicknesses are bullshit. I said simply a possibility. Which whether we like it or not COULD be real

Edited by Fiona Apple
  • Like 1
  • excuse me no 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeanWinchester   Paws Up 29,284
DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, Lana Winters said:

Can I hug you? :giveup: Bless you for this post. 

:hug:

  • Love 1
*muffled Jewels N' Drugs in the background*

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lana Winters   Paws Up 686
Lana Winters
2 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I DO TOO! Girl! It is ****ing terrible. Poor thing :giveup:

You too?! Okay, we're going to get heating pads and some nice comfortable blankets for the next livestream. :giveup: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GypsyBabe   Paws Up 5,990
GypsyBabe

Also, the people who are doubting the fibromyalgia. This is something that we (sufferers) deal with a lot because people just don't believe us. Mine stems from rheumatoid arthritis, and it causes pain everywhere. One day my arm is excruciating, and the next it's my feet, my back, my whole body. 

I am so happy that she is being open and causing awareness to this. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutch   Paws Up 8,326
Dutch

I actually don't know why people stan Gaga/are on this site, when they think Gaga is faking everything. Like you don't have to dedicated you life to her, but jesus, I really don't see the point of being here/in this fanbase without liking her. This happens on a daily basis in other threads too... Like I'm serious wondering, why? :oprah:

  • Like 20

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeanWinchester   Paws Up 29,284
DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Fiona Apple said:

I wasn't even talking about the fibromyalgia thing specifically though. I was talking generally about all the mental/physical stuff she has talked about during the years.

I never said that the sickness is bullshit,or even that Gaga is actually lying.

I just saw a possibility that never gets stated in these forums, and I wanted to get it out there. I knew tbh that I would get hate for it.But I felt like it and did it.

 

To be fair on your point, what you're saying is called hypochondria. However, Gaga has been seeing doctors and getting injections and let me tell you, no competent doctor would administer treatment to hypochondriacs. Instead, they will refer them to psychiatrists. No treatments like injections are given without properly reviewing lab tests first. So you do raise a point but it hardly applies to Gaga's case.

  • Like 10
*muffled Jewels N' Drugs in the background*

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×