Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga has fibromyalgia

Featured Posts

musicnotbling

i love how these ppl claim to be LM's and come to a site named gagadaily

just to doubt her and her problems, and act as though she is lying about them for publicity/awareness. honey, gaga is so big, she could do that on her own without "faking" for attention. she could raise awareness for whatever cause because she is so big. she wouldn't have to go through everything she's gone through these past few years as a publicity stunt. 

do you think gaga assumes her LM's are lying about their depression and their problems in the letters she reads on stage, and the messages she gets on twitter, etc for attention?

no. because no matter what somebody is going through it's always best to accept them as they are and give them support.

the negativity in this fanbase is definitely becoming an epidemic and we have to fix it fast. :chica:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some comments here are truly disgusting, get your freaking heads out of the pop-promo-attention-popularity bubble, not everything revolves around your stupid pop throne bs.

Reevaluate yourselves and grow up

Oooh.. I can't say how close this hits to home. My mom struggles with it too and sometimes it's so hard for her just to get up in the morning. I seriously can't imagine how she feels touring/ASIB/etc.... 

an angel held me like a child

28 minutes ago, Lana Winters said:

Oh man, I'm not even sure where to start because I'm sure this is going to be one long rambling mess. I apologize in advance. :sweat: 

I'm 22 and I'll be 23 in December. Both my parents have Fibromyalgia along with other health problems and while growing up I just knew that they were in pain but never really thought much about it, that was just normal life. I've had health problems since I was little and would constantly be sick and at the doctors for pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, seizures, etc (this'll come into play later) and was being treated by a neurologist since the age of five until I was about... 12, I believe? So being sick was nothing really new. When I was the age of 13 and started experience symptoms of widespread pain all over, I never really thought much of it because at that point it was already practically normal for me and my parents and I just knew I already Fibro because both of them had it, and the only real test at the time was pressing on 18 trigger point spots and having pain there which... yeah, I was crying from even the simplest test anywhere in those spots. When I went to my pediatrician they shrugged it off because hey, I'm young right, it's just growing pains! So I suffered in school a lot and anxiety / depression got really bad and I was home schooled on / off all the way from 6th grade to when I graduated high school because some days I physically could not get out of bed and would have panic attacks.

It wasn't until last year that things got so, so, bad that I finally had enough and went to a rheumatologist who was horrible and just confirmed Fibro but ignored every thing else (I thought I had lupus at the time). We got a second opinion and waited 3 months to go see an amazing rheumatologist that my father used to go to at the age of 21. She's a sweetheart who actually took her time to listen (almost 2 hours!) along with a full exam and the moment she put her hands on my jaw and I opened, hyper extended, she got freaked out so bad and said, "Did anyone tell you you're hyper mobile?" Nope. She examed me more and turns out I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3 (http://ohtwist.com/2015/05/24/when-else-to-suspect-ehlers-danlos-syndrome/) which is a genetic connective tissue disease that causes chronic pain, migraines, stomach issues, dislocations / subluxations on a daily basis, etc and basically all the symptoms I've been experiencing for the past few years. But hey, just growing pains, right? Or that I've been faking for all these years.

It took her 0.03 seconds to confirm I had Fibromyalgia too which really wasn't any surprise. Got sent to the lab with 13 vials of blood, referrals to tons of other doctors, and told there was basically nothing they could do since I've already tried all the other medicines for the exception of Lyrica which insurance doesn't cover and costs around $430 a month and isn't even guaranteed to work, because some of my pain is related to EDS as well.

And remember how I said I would get sick all the time as a child? With those tests, I was sent to an immunologist and it was discovered I have an iGm defiency (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/137693-overview) and  may/may not have CVID which basically means I'm prone to more infections and when I do get sick, it takes weeks/months for me to recover, hence why I've been sick as a dog since I was a child as well. But again, what if I'm just faking?

I'm 22. I used to dance from the age of 15-18 and absolutely fell in love, it made me so happy. I had to stop because of the pain. I worked for 4 years because I physically could not do that anymore because the pain got to be too much and it kills me. My life is full of doctors appointments. Off the top of my head I have my primary doctor, rheumatologist, gastroenterologist, immunologist, physiotherapist, orthopedist (for bracing), cardiologist (I'm in the process of being diagnosed with POTS) and not to mention pain management doctor who refuses to give out any sort of medicine whatsoever, but I'll be getting a hip injection and trigger points on Monday.
Want to know what my schedule is like? On the 18th I have those injections. The 19th I have to drive 30 minutes away to see my physiotherapist. On 25th I have to see immunology. On the 28th I have to see the cardiologist and on November 1st I have to see gastro. This repeats every. single. month. My world revolves around doctors appointments.

It's a dull-aching pain that you have all over your body. My main pain point that finally sent me over the edge was my shoulders, they're in constant pain and I have such tight knots that they added myofascial pain syndrome to the mix, too. You can't touch me. If i bump into a doorway and my arm rubs up against the wooden frame? I'll be on the floor in tears because of the pain signals being so, so strong. It'll hurt for hours afterwards. The best way I can describe what Fibromyalgia feels like is when you go walking around Disney world for an entire day, or going to a concert, you know that sore feeling you get afterwards? That's what it feels like 24/7 but 5x worse. 

Ehlers-Danlos kills me, too. I'll be sitting down and my hip will partially dislocate. My joints constantly pop out of socket and you can hear me from the other room popping and cracking even when I'm simply walking slow. On top of the dull aching pain of Fibro, I have to deal with the physical pain of my joints being so loose in their sockets from faulty collagen that I can't even sleep at night, I'll be up until 8, 9, 10 in the morning and will only fall asleep after pure exhaustion takes over. Even going to the grocery store takes a lot out of me with the two conditions, I'll have to come home and take a nap.

It scares the hell out of me, you know? I went to see Gaga on Sunday and physically had to sit down in the GA pit (there were other people sitting so I didn't feel as bad :sweat: ) while waiting for her to come on because my hip was giving me so much trouble. I know I shouldn't be going to those concerts like that, but with Fibromyalgia and EDS taking away so much from me already, I can't even fathom it taking away the one experience that means so much to me whenever she comes around on tour. I'm in even more pain and I'll be in bed for the next week, but it was worth it.

Again, I apologize this is so long and it's not even the tip of the iceberg with people assuming I'm fine because they can't see it, suggesting yoga and snake oil scams, diet changes, etc. It's even more exhausting to deal with that **** when you're already sick and people are waving magical cures/remedies in your face that don't work—don't you think we would have tried all that already, since we've tried everything else? It makes me, and the rest of us, feel like we're the cause of our illness for not trying this and that and yet they all they do is wave those suggestions around without even realizing what we deal with. It sucks.

I think I'm done now. :rip: Sorry for the novel! 

I was at the show sunday too in GA. Were you wearing a black jacket with a neon blue lining by any chance?

Thank you for sharing your story. I read the whole thing. I am so sorry you have to suffer like this. I hate that Gaga suffers as well but at the same time I am happy in a way because she is bringing attention to chronic pain disorders. Awareness leads to research and that leads to better treatment options and maybe even a cure. 

TheKillerQueen

Poor baby... I can only imagine how much she is hurting with how such a busy, active person she is. A true legend. I'm gonna bawl to see this part on the documentary:/ I want to see her feeling good, even if it means her having to take more breaks: 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Gagaloo911

This thread breaks my heart. I can only hope she really DOESN'T visit here anymore. Or her team. We don't deserve her we're such awful creatures! 

1 minute ago, Gagaloo92 said:

This thread breaks my heart. I can only hope she really DOESN'T visit here anymore. Or her team. We don't deserve her we're such awful creatures! 

Literally only 3 people were doubting her in this thread. Everyone else has been really kind and supportive. 

Lana Winters
4 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I was at the show sunday too in GA. Were you wearing a black jacket with a neon blue lining by any chance?

Thank you for sharing your story. I read the whole thing. I am so sorry you have to suffer like this. I hate that Gaga suffers as well but at the same time I am happy in a way because she is bringing attention to chronic pain disorders. Awareness leads to research and that leads to better treatment options and maybe even a cure. 

Ah, no, I was wearing a grey crop-top with light pink shorts + fishnets. Turquoise hair. :) 

No, thank you for asking! That's why I'm so happy she's speaking out too. Half the time I'm treated like I'm faking or I'm just a drug seeker at doctors visits, too. Only close friends and family know since you can see some of the responses. It's great she's speaking out. 

Gagas love

I’m an excellent massage therapists. I have helped people with fibromyalgia. I wish I could massage her. I’d take her pains away 

2 minutes ago, Lana Winters said:

Ah, no, I was wearing a grey crop-top with light pink shorts + fishnets. Turquoise hair. :) 

No, thank you for asking! That's why I'm so happy she's speaking out too. Half the time I'm treated like I'm faking or I'm just a drug seeker at doctors visits, too. Only close friends and family know since you can see some of the responses. It's great she's speaking out. 

I can't even imagine how frustrating it is to have people think you are faking, when you probably feel worse than someone with visible disorders like cancer or AIDS. 

Gagaloo911
1 minute ago, Katie14 said:

Literally only 3 people were doubting her in this thread. Everyone else has been really kind and supportive. 

That may be true for here, but many others have said things similar about Gaga but for other things she's said, or for her looks and weight god forbid. 

So I guess I am speaking more generally of society as a whole.  Of course many of us here aren't saying this scheisse about her.

But the justifications, from more people than you would expect, use for saying such dreadful things are ridiculous. People can be so cynical, shallow and cruel anymore. 

CanadaGaga
1 hour ago, Lana Winters said:

Oh man, I'm not even sure where to start because I'm sure this is going to be one long rambling mess. I apologize in advance. :sweat: 

I'm 22 and I'll be 23 in December. Both my parents have Fibromyalgia along with other health problems and while growing up I just knew that they were in pain but never really thought much about it, that was just normal life. I've had health problems since I was little and would constantly be sick and at the doctors for pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, seizures, etc (this'll come into play later) and was being treated by a neurologist since the age of five until I was about... 12, I believe? So being sick was nothing really new. When I was the age of 13 and started experience symptoms of widespread pain all over, I never really thought much of it because at that point it was already practically normal for me and my parents and I just knew I already Fibro because both of them had it, and the only real test at the time was pressing on 18 trigger point spots and having pain there which... yeah, I was crying from even the simplest test anywhere in those spots. When I went to my pediatrician they shrugged it off because hey, I'm young right, it's just growing pains! So I suffered in school a lot and anxiety / depression got really bad and I was home schooled on / off all the way from 6th grade to when I graduated high school because some days I physically could not get out of bed and would have panic attacks.

It wasn't until last year that things got so, so, bad that I finally had enough and went to a rheumatologist who was horrible and just confirmed Fibro but ignored every thing else (I thought I had lupus at the time). We got a second opinion and waited 3 months to go see an amazing rheumatologist that my father used to go to at the age of 21. She's a sweetheart who actually took her time to listen (almost 2 hours!) along with a full exam and the moment she put her hands on my jaw and I opened, hyper extended, she got freaked out so bad and said, "Did anyone tell you you're hyper mobile?" Nope. She examed me more and turns out I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3 (http://ohtwist.com/2015/05/24/when-else-to-suspect-ehlers-danlos-syndrome/) which is a genetic connective tissue disease that causes chronic pain, migraines, stomach issues, dislocations / subluxations on a daily basis, etc and basically all the symptoms I've been experiencing for the past few years. But hey, just growing pains, right? Or that I've been faking for all these years.

It took her 0.03 seconds to confirm I had Fibromyalgia too which really wasn't any surprise. Got sent to the lab with 13 vials of blood, referrals to tons of other doctors, and told there was basically nothing they could do since I've already tried all the other medicines for the exception of Lyrica which insurance doesn't cover and costs around $430 a month and isn't even guaranteed to work, because some of my pain is related to EDS as well.

And remember how I said I would get sick all the time as a child? With those tests, I was sent to an immunologist and it was discovered I have an iGm defiency (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/137693-overview) and  may/may not have CVID which basically means I'm prone to more infections and when I do get sick, it takes weeks/months for me to recover, hence why I've been sick as a dog since I was a child as well. But again, what if I'm just faking?

I'm 22. I used to dance from the age of 15-18 and absolutely fell in love, it made me so happy. I had to stop because of the pain. I worked for 4 years because I physically could not do that anymore because the pain got to be too much and it kills me. My life is full of doctors appointments. Off the top of my head I have my primary doctor, rheumatologist, gastroenterologist, immunologist, physiotherapist, orthopedist (for bracing), cardiologist (I'm in the process of being diagnosed with POTS) and not to mention pain management doctor who refuses to give out any sort of medicine whatsoever, but I'll be getting a hip injection and trigger points on Monday.
Want to know what my schedule is like? On the 18th I have those injections. The 19th I have to drive 30 minutes away to see my physiotherapist. On 25th I have to see immunology. On the 28th I have to see the cardiologist and on November 1st I have to see gastro. This repeats every. single. month. My world revolves around doctors appointments.

It's a dull-aching pain that you have all over your body. My main pain point that finally sent me over the edge was my shoulders, they're in constant pain and I have such tight knots that they added myofascial pain syndrome to the mix, too. You can't touch me. If i bump into a doorway and my arm rubs up against the wooden frame? I'll be on the floor in tears because of the pain signals being so, so strong. It'll hurt for hours afterwards. The best way I can describe what Fibromyalgia feels like is when you go walking around Disney world for an entire day, or going to a concert, you know that sore feeling you get afterwards? That's what it feels like 24/7 but 5x worse. 

Ehlers-Danlos kills me, too. I'll be sitting down and my hip will partially dislocate. My joints constantly pop out of socket and you can hear me from the other room popping and cracking even when I'm simply walking slow. On top of the dull aching pain of Fibro, I have to deal with the physical pain of my joints being so loose in their sockets from faulty collagen that I can't even sleep at night, I'll be up until 8, 9, 10 in the morning and will only fall asleep after pure exhaustion takes over. Even going to the grocery store takes a lot out of me with the two conditions, I'll have to come home and take a nap.

It scares the hell out of me, you know? I went to see Gaga on Sunday and physically had to sit down in the GA pit (there were other people sitting so I didn't feel as bad :sweat: ) while waiting for her to come on because my hip was giving me so much trouble. I know I shouldn't be going to those concerts like that, but with Fibromyalgia and EDS taking away so much from me already, I can't even fathom it taking away the one experience that means so much to me whenever she comes around on tour. I'm in even more pain and I'll be in bed for the next week, but it was worth it.

Again, I apologize this is so long and it's not even the tip of the iceberg with people assuming I'm fine because they can't see it, suggesting yoga and snake oil scams, diet changes, etc. It's even more exhausting to deal with that **** when you're already sick and people are waving magical cures/remedies in your face that don't work—don't you think we would have tried all that already, since we've tried everything else? It makes me, and the rest of us, feel like we're the cause of our illness for not trying this and that and yet they all they do is wave those suggestions around without even realizing what we deal with. It sucks.

I think I'm done now. :rip: Sorry for the novel! 

*waving* Ive never known anyone else who was hypermobile! Nice to "meet" you ;)

Im hypermobile with two autoimmune conditions. I feel for you cuz I can't imagine being in pain like you are. Mine distracts me and stops me from focusing and sleeping but it doesn't hurt. I get marks on my skin from barely a scratch and if I don't treat them, they get way worse and last for months instead of weeks. My other condition, when it flares up gives me hives on my back and legs and I feel crazy itchy. Lately it's gotten worse and my whole body is completely overreactive and even slight air sends mixed signals to my brain like things are rubbing against my skin and need to be brushed off. 

Completely annoying and can change my mood but thankfuly doesn't hurt. 

I'm sorry you to go through all that:(

vertigostick
15 hours ago, Fiona Apple said:

I am talking about the bigger picture though. I wasn't talking just about this sickness.. And I really didn't blame her.So I don't understand all the hate

Poor thing, go ahead and keep playing the misunderstood victim :smh: You brought this **** on urself, u've been AWFUL. Seriously, should just f*ck off this website (along with that mentally challenged LGhunter mess) and never come back.

Lana Winters
39 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I can't even imagine how frustrating it is to have people think you are faking, when you probably feel worse than someone with visible disorders like cancer or AIDS. 

Sadly I've heard a lot of people who have invisible illnesses say they wish they had something like cancer so people would take them seriously. :( 

9 minutes ago, CanadaGaga said:

*waving* Ive never known anyone else who was hypermobile! Nice to "meet" you ;)

Im hypermobile with two autoimmune conditions. I feel for you cuz I can't imagine being in pain like you are. Mine distracts me and stops me from focusing and sleeping but it doesn't hurt. I get marks on my skin from barely a scratch and if I don't treat them, they get way worse and last for months instead of weeks. My other condition, when it flares up gives me hives on my back and legs and I feel crazy itchy. Lately it's gotten worse and my whole body is completely overreactive and even slight air sends mixed signals to my brain like things are rubbing against my skin and need to be brushed off. 

Completely annoying and can change my mood but thankfuly doesn't hurt. 

I'm sorry you to go through all that:(

Ahhhhh hello fellow zebra!! :hug: 

I know exactly what you mean. I've always been like that with marks and scratches, I bumped up against the edge of a cardboard box with my foot and it took 2 weeks to heal, and I have a cigarette-paper scar there now. Don't you love worrying about the smallest of cuts? ;) So much fun. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the two autoimmune conditions on top of being hypermobile! It may not hurt for you but still, nobody deserves to suffer like that and feel like they have something rubbing against them constantly because of a condition. I'm so sorry. :( 

GypsyBabe
7 hours ago, Katie14 said:

@GypsyBabe Do you mind describing your experience with fibromyalgia? (What kind of pain is it, are you in pain 100% of the time, how you cope with it) feel free not to respond if its too personal, I'm just wondering. And I am so sorry you have to deal with people not believing you on top of thr fibromyalgia symptoms. You guys are so strong :hug:

:kara: I don't mind at all. As everyones experience with fibromyalgia is different, it nice to ask questions. For example, most people don't know that it involves your nerves. 

For me personally, it started with severe chest pains last February (I was actually miserably curled up on the coach for the Super Bowl...so thanks Gaga for making me smile :gaycat:), that I thought was pneumonia, but my lungs were clear. I spent three months unable to eat and feeling like knives were stabbing at my lungs. My primary doctor couldn't find anything, and it wasn't inflammation from my rheumatoid arthritis. They checked my heart, everything really. It was clear that I was in pain, and I couldn't expel enough breath. It was completely miserable, but it faded after 4 months. Then the pain all over started. I thought my arthritis meds weren't working anymore, and was confused because everything was bothering me. I remember laying on the couch and crying to my mom because I had no idea where the pain was because it was everywhere. For me, its like having body aches from the flu, but a hundred times worse. It also feels like I have massive bruises all over my body.

Another issue that I was having is regulating my body temperature. I was freezing all the time. Like absolutely frigid. It was 99 degrees outside and I was wearing a north face, pants, and shivering. All I could think about was how cold and sore I was. 

When I saw my rheumatologist (who is literally the best in the country, I am so lucky to have her), she knew exactly what it was. The pain (chest) (hips) (knees), feeling freezing, inability to eat without feeling sick....she asked me, "Do you know what fibromyalgia is?" I basically told her that its an old people disease (:poot:

She said that it oftentimes accompanies people with autoimmune diseases because your body is dealing with constant pain and inflammatory responses, so your nerves can go haywire. Instead of my brain being like, "hey, the joints in your feet hurt", its like "holy f*cking **** your whole body is hurting, may-day may-day, you're on fire, cool down"

Because this is a newer diagnosis for me, she has started me slowly on muscle relaxers. She believes that by giving my body proper rest (because I was unable to sleep) that it will calm down my symptoms. 

Overall. No. I am not in pain 100% of the time (just most of it right now). Like my autoimmune diseases, it flares up and some weeks are bad, while others are amazing. I'm having a rough time with my hips though. Its like real bad this week. :laughga:

I sleep with heating pads all over me and try to rest my body, but I'm not really sure what to do to make myself feel better to be honest. I'm really interested to see what Gaga has to say on this as I am sure she has tried a whole bunch of stuff. 

But like my RA, hell no is this going to stop me from doing anything that I want to do. I hike mountains, and I work five 12 hour shifts in a row. It is just really hard to make it through those things sometimes. 

OH and kind of funny! Sometimes it feels like its raining on me, but its not. It feels like literal water is falling on me. I guess its my nerves firing. I find it kind of hilarious actually. :icega:

⚯͛

Archived