news

Gaga has fibromyalgia

Featured Posts

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe
9 hours ago, not asher613 said:

sure. I hate thought that youre in pain.

:hug:

have you ever been given the impression that you can move out of fm- or were you led by your Dr. to embrace that this is going  to be a part of your life from now on and it's about management? 

Well, like my RA, it is something that I will have for life because it involves the rewiring of your nerve signals. My doctor is very good and believes in a less is more approach with me because I am young. She doesn't just pump me full of meds, which I appreciate. It's all about finding balance. 

Also, the FM is a very new diagnosis. I haven't even been on medication for 6 months. So she is testing the water with that particular disease and seeing how I fare before we move forward. 

⚯͛

BELINDA POP
7 hours ago, Edible Cloud said:

Look at the date:

I do not understand :duck:

And this ('@ladygaga'):

Old news... ?! flop fan ?!

ect...

omg I didn't  know  :rip:

Wet Fire

I don't know whether to laugh at or feel disgusted with those who think Gaga is actually doint this for attention. Imean, how could they even think about it? Have they forgotten what happened during the BTWBT?

As an individual who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia I suspected Gaga to also be a fellow sufferer. While I was watching gaga seething in pain in the preview for 5 foot 2 I felt a moment solidarity with her when I thought "I think she has fibromyalgia". Mine started after I had a year of recurrent strep (tonsillitis) infections. Tingling in my limbs, shooting random pain, then the most intense throbbing leg pain imaginable that no position I could put myself in would help. 

How I cope: Hot baths with epsom salts - Daily exercise - Sleep, not only quantity (8 hours) but pattern to be important. Awake same time every day. - Eating a decent diet with lots of fruit and veggies - Kombucha - And lastly a tricyclic antidepressant. 

I hold down a 80+ hour per fortnight job and study part time. No one knows I have it as it's invisible. I usually isolate myself when I'm having an attack, but those close to me know I have it. 

Invisible doesn't mean it's made up.

edit: for those fellow fibro sufferers amitriptyline is the tricyclic antidepressant I take and for me at least it has been exceptionally beneficial in reducing the severity and longevity of attacks. 

This is indeed heartbreaking and shocking!

I just read the entire article on Wikipedia to get more information about this chronic disease.

I don't know what to say...

:ohno:

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

6 hours ago, Willco said:

As an individual who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia I suspected Gaga to also be a fellow sufferer. While I was watching gaga seething in pain in the preview for 5 foot 2 I felt a moment solidarity with her when I thought "I think she has fibromyalgia". Mine started after I had a year of recurrent strep (tonsillitis) infections. Tingling in my limbs, shooting random pain, then the most intense throbbing leg pain imaginable that no position I could put myself in would help. 

How I cope: Hot baths with epsom salts - Daily exercise - Sleep, not only quantity (8 hours) but pattern to be important. Awake same time every day. - Eating a decent diet with lots of fruit and veggies - Kombucha - And lastly a tricyclic antidepressant. 

I hold down a 80+ hour per fortnight job and study part time. No one knows I have it as it's invisible. I usually isolate myself when I'm having an attack, but those close to me know I have it. 

Invisible doesn't mean it's made up.

edit: for those fellow fibro sufferers amitriptyline is the tricyclic antidepressant I take and for me at least it has been exceptionally beneficial in reducing the severity and longevity of attacks. 

How often do you get attacks and how long do they last? 

On 9/12/2017 at 8:39 AM, Lana Winters said:

It's a very real syndrome/disorder that millions of people suffer from on a daily basis and this is the same type of **** we (including myself) have to deal with every. single. day. It's not something you make up for attention. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and it's absolutely amazing she's speaking out.

exactly,there's tests and its pain everyday.

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

17 hours ago, Katie14 said:

How often do you get attacks and how long do they last? 

Every person is different, but for me I go through periods of remission usually weeks or sometimes months at a time where I'm fine. Then something can trigger a debilitating attack. I like to hike, and a while back I did a 6 hour return hike 1,156 m mountain. I felt great while doing it, no pain other than normal exercise fatigue. But that night I had pain so severe in my legs that I required hospitalisation as I was in so much pain I actually had thoughts of self harm. Once the throbbing pain has gone I'm like everyone else and have the same kind of sore muscle recovery thing going on. So it's a fine line trying to balance living a full and enriching life and overdoing it and experiencing a fibro attack. 

Having said that, weird things can trigger the crushing throbbing leg pain, just like standing a lot during the work day. 

The shooting and stabbing pains can happen 50 or so times a day but they only last a second or two, outwardly you wouldn't know it's happening. They mostly happen in my left eye, or feel like they're inside my head like being impaled on a hot poker. My left arm I also have the aching/throbbing my legs can get but not as bad. 

Since being on amitriptyline the "attacks" have reduced greatly. I haven't had one for 4 months or so. I still have a small amount of pain and a little bit of stabbing pains that never go away, but they're so so mild I hardly even notice them anymore. 

On 9/13/2017 at 6:11 AM, Edible Cloud said:

Look at the date:

I do not understand :duck:

And this ('@ladygaga'):

Old news... ?! flop fan ?!

ect...

How did we miss all this? I feel like I've failed as a Gaga superfan :giveup:

10 minutes ago, Allison M said:

How did we miss all this? I feel like I've failed as a Gaga superfan :giveup:

Gaga never said she has Fibromyalgia until Tuesday. Those Sources just assumed chronic pain = fibromyalgia

Gaga, don't push yourself. Do what you need to do to feel as best that you can, us fans will still be here always and will not get angry just over a tour, it's not worth hurting yourself over, please. We have You and your music and THAT is what matters most. Take care of yourself as you love to take care of others who you love.

Love You xoxox :heart:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived