💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Singles Do We Know Were Planned and Scrapped

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

The one's officially announced:

Boys Boys Boys (5th single off TF, scrapped to start TFM era)

DITD (3rd single per label's wish, Gaga personally scrapped it for Alejandro)

Venus (2nd single off ARTPOP, scrapped by label after DWUW taking off, Gaga agreeing as well)

A-YO (2nd single off Joanne, scrapped by label after MR taking off, Gaga agreeing as well)

Not officially announced but mentioned/hinted by Gaga:

Scheisse (at some point in the BTW era but denied by Gaga's label, she said so on LM.com)

Aura (as Gaga's first pick for lead but denied by label)

Sexxx Dreams (as Gaga's second pick for lead but denied by label for Applause, later as Gaga's pick for second single based on a fan vote between it and MANiCURE)

MANiCURE (one of the options Gaga initially gave her fans for 2nd single but if I were to take a guess on what happened to the fans picking the second single. I would say since Sexxx Dreams was winning over MANiCURE, the label was heavily against that song being a single due to obvious reasons, making Gaga scrap the whole "pick fans" and plan ahead for Venus as the second single, which ultimately never happened. Mess lol) 

The one's rumored:

Starstruck (as the second single off TF, until the label heard PF)

Monster (as the lead single off TFM per label's wish but Gaga opted for BR)

DITD (as the 4th single, however Gaga nor the label said anything about a fourth global single)

HML (as the 6th single off BTW but cancelled cause of MTN underperforming)

Gypsy (Initially as the second single off ARTPOP per label's wish but Gaga was set on Venus, after DWUW taking off both came to a mutual decision. Later rumored as the 4th single off ARTPOP but cancelled cause of G.U.Y not taking off)

DIC (Due to the heavy fan demand but ignored in order to release The Cure, still being rumored to be released at some point but by the looks of it, this song most likely is not getting the single treatment) 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy Metal Lover was supposed to be the 6th single from BTW :saladga:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Henri Bardot

I think she wanted Aura (Burqa) as the lead single of ARTPOP, but her label said no so she leaked it....

Probably Scheiße, DITD, Venus, A-Yo, Sexxx Dreams, Boys Boys Boys, Gypsy, Monster and maybe even MANiCURE were considered as possible singles.

pooiota

sweet spot

heavy metal lover would be surely a single, she performed it on rockin' eve. also i remember that by mid 2012 she revealed on lm.com that the original line-up of singles from born this way (after mtn was scrapped as the lead single) was born this way - marry the night - teog - scheisse but interscope was somehow against scheisse becoming a single

fabuIesque

the btw singles were originally going to be
Marry the Night, Scheisse, The Edge of Glory, Judas, Born this Way, Heavy Metal Lover, You & I,  Goverment Hooker, Fashion of His Love, and one more as gaga originally wanted to have 10 singles.

ARTPOP was originally going to have a MV for aura but like commonly said interscope is a **** and said no, MANiCURE was going to be a single but interscope is a little slut and said no, i also remember ARTPOP being planned to be a single.

boys^3 was going to be a single but fame monster stole her crown, starstruck was also planned to be the 2nd single of the fame, but just dance gained so much popularity and was released as a single instead

diamond heart apparently was going to be a single? someone said it was gonna come out on september 1st and wow 16 days later i don't see it. dancin' in circles was planned to be a single due to fan demand but the cure happened.

4 hours ago, Versace said:

The one's officially announced:

Boys Boys Boys (5th single off TF, scrapped to start TFM era)

DITD (3rd single per label's wish, Gaga personally scrapped it for Alejandro)

Venus (2nd single off ARTPOP, scrapped by label after DWUW taking off, Gaga agreeing as well)

A-YO (2nd single off Joanne, scrapped by label after MR taking off, Gaga agreeing as well)

Not officially announced but mentioned/hinted by Gaga:

Scheisse (at some point in the BTW era but denied by Gaga's label, she said so on LM.com)

Aura (as Gaga's first pick for lead but denied by label)

Sexxx Dreams (as Gaga's second pick for lead but denied by label for Applause, later as Gaga's pick for second single based on a fan vote between it and MANiCURE)

MANiCURE (one of the options Gaga initially gave her fans for 2nd single but if I were to take a guess on what happened to the fans picking the second single. I would say since Sexxx Dreams was winning over MANiCURE, the label was heavily against that song being a single due to obvious reasons, making Gaga scrap the whole "pick fans" and plan ahead for Venus as the second single, which ultimately never happened. Mess lol) 

The one's rumored:

Starstruck (as the second single off TF, until the label heard PF)

Monster (as the lead single off TFM per label's wish but Gaga opted for BR)

DITD (as the 4th single, however Gaga nor the label said anything about a fourth global single)

HML (as the 6th single off BTW but cancelled cause of MTN underperforming)

Gypsy (Initially as the second single off ARTPOP per label's wish but Gaga was set on Venus, after DWUW taking off both came to a mutual decision. Later rumored as the 4th single off ARTPOP but cancelled cause of G.U.Y not taking off)

DIC (Due to the heavy fan demand but ignored in order to release The Cure, still being rumored to be released at some point but by the looks of it, this song most likely is not getting the single treatment) 

This ad kinda hints that Starstruck was supposed to be the 5th single. It's confirmed that Beautiful Dirty Rich was supposed to be the 2nd single before being scraped for PF last minute. Explains why Beautiful has a vid and why the PF pic uses a pic from Beautiful. Lady_Gaga_-_Poker_Face.pngLady_Gaga_-_Beautiful,_Dirty,_Rich.png

Grigio Guy
On 9/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, davidnail said:

Boysboysboys was meant to be the next single, but Interscope wanted Bad Romance asap

Actually, from what I remember (?) Monster was supposed to be the first single but Interscope chose Bad Romance, instead, as soon as they heard it.

Religion is a product to sell.

SCHEISSEMONTRE
On 2017-09-12 at 7:47 AM, monsterdino said:

- Dance In The Dark (TFM Last Single)

- Scheisse (BTW Last Single)

- Aura (Telephone continuatuon/Lead?)

- Venus (ARTPOP 2nd Single)

:kara: 

Mychal

TimisaMonster

I literally was watching this video last night before bed...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
On 9/11/2017 at 0:15 PM, Yo GagaGaga said:

Besides the obvious A-Yo and Venus, do we know for sure any other Gaga song that was initially planned to be released as a single (either by Gaga or interscope) but then either replaced or just scrapped.

Receipts are encouraged :bon:

Also this isn't just songs Gaga liked, but like songs that were actually up for consideration to be singles at one point

I posted a video explaining past potential singles 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ShockPop

Could you imagine a world where starstruck got its full release and DID was single 4 from TFM and we started off btw with a 1-2 punch of teog/MTN and then started off ARTPOP with Aura and Gypsy? 

Glory.

Archived