Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Singles Do We Know Were Planned and Scrapped

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Dance in the dark was even nominated for a Grammy :selena::selena::selena::selena::selena: She could have released it as the fourth and final single, there was room for it :madge:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino

- Dance In The Dark (TFM Last Single)

- Scheisse (BTW Last Single)

- Aura (Telephone continuatuon/Lead?)

- Venus (ARTPOP 2nd Single)

- A-YO (Joanne Lead Single/2nd Single)

monsterdino
17 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

TF: Boys Boys Boys, maybe Starstruck

TFM: Dance in the Dark + Speechless (it got some promotion and had its own video on her youtube channel) 

BTW: Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Government Hooker, Bloody Mary... she said BTW album would have 10-ish singles 

ARTPOP: MANiCURE, Sexxx Dreams... she asked which song fans wanted as a single + she wanted Gypsy as the last single + Venus 

Joanne: not confirmed but John Wayne and Dancin in Circles were probably candidates 

where?? :selena: 

Yo GagaGaga

I've heard some people say Monster was supposed to be the lead from The Fame Monster, but also some people say Boys Boys Boys was cancelled because they heard Bad Romance, so was Monster planned as the lead before interscope heard Bad Romance, or was Monster just never planned to be the lead

I'm confused send help

5VNMVf8.gif

Yo GagaGaga

also I'm using all this info for a video, so you twinks better not've told any fibs

iF0Ozui.png

also someone please answer this, I am in desperate need of assistance:

2 hours ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

I've heard some people say Monster was supposed to be the lead from The Fame Monster, but also some people say Boys Boys Boys was cancelled because they heard Bad Romance, so was Monster planned as the lead before interscope heard Bad Romance, or was Monster just never planned to be the lead

I'm confused send help

5VNMVf8.gif

I've never heard of Boys Boys Boys being considered for a single. I am assuming this rumor came from Gagapedia, which is just chalk full of wrong information, as its editable by anyone. It also says that Brown Eyes was a cover of an old unreleased David Bowie song, and last time I checked on that, that was proven false.

She wanted Alejandro as the second Fame Monster single, label wanted Dance In The Dark, she won on that one. 

I know that the order and single choices for Born This Way were not what she wanted. She wanted Scheisse to be a single but the label told her no. I believe she also wanted MTN as the lead. :saladga:

Aura was originally supposed to be the lead single of ARTPOP, but again, the label told her no, which is why she went and leaked the song herself under the guise of Boris. 

She also implied in interviews that it was not her choice to make Perfect Illusion the lead single. A-Yo was intended to be the second single, but her label pulled the same bullshit that they did with Do What U Want and saw Million Reasons gaining traction, so they made that the second single.

Honestly, its a hit or a miss with her label when it comes to singles. They stopped making good choices after the Fame Monster. Marry The Night (while it is a good song and has a good video), should never have been a single. Perfect Illusion should have never been the lead single (or a single in general). Scheisse should have been a single as she originally intended. 

Chromatislaps
8 hours ago, monsterdino said:

where?? :selena: 

Gaga said backstage I think to some fans that she wanted 9 singles from BTW

V8W1AIj.gif

14 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

But that's because it was a promo single. :sis: promo singles can be release in physical form like the main singles.

RIP me trying to be an Little Informedster

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

illbekind
On 9/12/2017 at 5:25 AM, Chic said:

Boys Boys Boys as TF's last single

DIDT as TFM's last single

Marry The Night as BTW's first single

Shiesse as BTW's last single (maybe)

Sex Dreams as ARTPOP's first single

Thank you for the summary of the entire first page.

15 hours ago, Doot said:

I've never heard of Boys Boys Boys being considered for a single. I am assuming this rumor came from Gagapedia, which is just chalk full of wrong information, as its editable by anyone. It also says that Brown Eyes was a cover of an old unreleased David Bowie song, and last time I checked on that, that was proven false.

She wanted Alejandro as the second Fame Monster single, label wanted Dance In The Dark, she won on that one. 

I know that the order and single choices for Born This Way were not what she wanted. She wanted Scheisse to be a single but the label told her no. I believe she also wanted MTN as the lead. :saladga:

Aura was originally supposed to be the lead single of ARTPOP, but again, the label told her no, which is why she went and leaked the song herself under the guise of Boris. 

She also implied in interviews that it was not her choice to make Perfect Illusion the lead single. A-Yo was intended to be the second single, but her label pulled the same bullshit that they did with Do What U Want and saw Million Reasons gaining traction, so they made that the second single.

Honestly, its a hit or a miss with her label when it comes to singles. They stopped making good choices after the Fame Monster. Marry The Night (while it is a good song and has a good video), should never have been a single. Perfect Illusion should have never been the lead single (or a single in general). Scheisse should have been a single as she originally intended. 

My ideal Joanne singles list woild prob be:

Either PI or A-Yo (leaning towards PI)

MR 

Whichever single that wasn't chosen for 1st single (prob A-Yo)

DiC

And if we're doing a 5th single

Hey Girl or Angel Down 

Tbh all of Joanne is pretty radio friendly and won't cause any outrage (so safe for the GP)

1 hour ago, tthen said:

My ideal Joanne singles list woild prob be:

Either PI or A-Yo (leaning towards PI)

MR 

Whichever single that wasn't chosen for 1st single (prob A-Yo)

DiC

And if we're doing a 5th single

Hey Girl or Angel Down 

Tbh all of Joanne is pretty radio friendly and won't cause any outrage (so safe for the GP)

I think it's hard to determine what radio friendly actually means when it comes to this fanbase. We all have such different tastes, and I think we see things with blinders on. 

For me personally, I don't see any of the songs on this album, other than Million Reasons and A-Yo being radio friendly. 

I think one of those two should have been first. 

LittleMonster20

Gaga wanted Aura to be the lead single of ARTPOP,with Sexxx Dreams as second,but her label chose Applause as lead,and Gaga chose Venus as second single,but changed it to DWUW,but still made Venus a promotional single.

Boys Boys Boys

Dance In The Dark

Scheiße (rumored, she wanted fans to pick a single and said she wanted it as a single as well)

Aura as lead

Sexxx Dreams as lead

Venus

A-YO

John Wayne

BYE

Boys Boys Boys was supposed to be The Fame's last single.

Alejandro was supposed to be The Fame Monster's second single. It still got released later though.

Sex Dreams was supposed to be ARTPOP's second single. But it was transformed to Sexxx Dreams and got cancelled.

Then, it was Venus' time to be the second single from ARTPOP. And you already know what happened.

A-YO was supposed to be Joanne's second single.

Archived