💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Singles Do We Know Were Planned and Scrapped

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Regina George
8 hours ago, monster78619 said:

Im fairly sure that interscope didn't actually want BR as the lead... they did want to move onto TFM but felt BR was too risky but Gaga didn't step down

clever woman :queenga:

Amm this is 100% false.. Interscope wanted to release BR as soon as they heard it and that's the reason Boys Boys Boys was never a single.. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speechless. She performed it quite a few times at live TV performances.

Also maybe Gypsy? She performed it on SNL, and it's my personal favorite from ARTPOP. I feel like it's classicly written & recorded, and was the most mainstream radio-friendly song on the album IMO.

Xoxo Adriana
4 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

Government Hooker was never planned or confirmed to be a single, I don't know where you got that from. Her label would never send a song like that to radio. Gaga just used songs like Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover, Scheisse, in other projects because the label wouldn't let her release them and she still wanted her fans to get special content for favorite songs.

Ok thanks for clarifying! I'm not sure where I heard it but Gaga said in an interview during BTW era that she had a concept or idea in mind for a particular song, I thought she said Government Hooker but maybe it was another song. There were definitely rumours that GH was going to be a single though...and I agree it definitely isn't single material either :selena: 

RichAssPiss

Pretty sure we heard Heavy Metal Lover was going to be the sixth single from BTW before Marry the Night underperformed. Gaga seemed sure there would be a whole new wave of singles from the album, but then things died down. She performed it on **** Clark's New Year's Eve with "Marry the Night." I remember someone sharing a pretty official looking single cover and a link to buy it from Amazon.

drinkmytears
52 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Ok thanks for clarifying! I'm not sure where I heard it but Gaga said in an interview during BTW era that she had a concept or idea in mind for a particular song, I thought she said Government Hooker but maybe it was another song. There were definitely rumours that GH was going to be a single though...and I agree it definitely isn't single material either :selena: 

I wish! But sadly I don't think any radio would play a song like GH, its too explicit and wasn't radio friendly. But yeah, I think that's what she said that she wanted songs to have videos so she used commercials and things to do that! 

Illuminati
10 hours ago, Antichrist said:

not sure if a-yo was & then got replaced by million reasons, or was it just a promo single?

MR initially didn't even have a single cover, she was really pushing A-YO but Carpool Karaoke and MR success kinda sabotaged it.

OT: 

sillynate
2 hours ago, freebit said:

UGH. It's still upsetting that we never got that Boys Boys Boys music video. That would have been so fun. :giveup: The choreo. :giveup: The bright colors of Fame-era Gaga. :giveup:

I'm going on a reach here but I remember a thread made a long time ago where they said they had insider knowledge that interscope was going to release the BBB video for The Fame's 20th anniversary or when Gaga passes away as like a greatest hits type thing...

are there any receipts for the video? 

I do remember a fan recorded video where they asked her if HML would have a video and she said either yes. Then I remember a interview before or after the Yoü and I video where she says the only person who can love Yuyi was a Heavy Metal Lover. Then there was the New Year Eve performance.

3 hours ago, freebit said:

UGH. It's still upsetting that we never got that Boys Boys Boys music video. That would have been so fun. :giveup: The choreo. :giveup: The bright colors of Fame-era Gaga. :giveup:

THE MENS :giveup:

ClvIf2I.gif

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

PlanetChromatica
11 hours ago, SergenGokdag said:

That was fake but i remember she posted photo from Venus Music video set

No that was an outfit for the music video, they never actually filmed the video though

FfFfFfFF
12 hours ago, sillynate said:

Poker Face was chosen as the second single last minute after the BDR video was filmed.

But we have a Behind The Scenes MV for Poker Face and they didn't said anything about that.

FfFfFfFF
7 hours ago, AJK273 said:

Hair was promoed as a single in australia, I remember because it had specific single posters the were hung up in sanity and Jb Hi Fi when BTW got released. I remeber the cashiers said also they were told single versions were on the way for Hair. 

But that's because it was a promo single. :sis: promo singles can be release in physical form like the main singles.

Original Diva

Wasnt Aura supposed to be the lead single or just a single for ARTPOP with a music video thats a third part of paparazzi and telephone??

excuse me no

Original Diva
23 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

Wasnt Aura supposed to be the lead single or just a single for ARTPOP with a music video thats a third part of paparazzi and telephone??

thats just what ive heard :classy:

excuse me no

Archived