question

Which Singles Do We Know Were Planned and Scrapped

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, drinkmytears said:

Monster was meant to be a single, there was even an official remix that leaked but she didn't have time to promote it

Someone please post the remix :omg:

3 hours ago, davidnail said:

Boysboysboys was meant to be the next single, but Interscope wanted Bad Romance asap

And thank god for it. The trajectory of the singles works a lot better without BBB

Xoxo Adriana

'Dance In The Dark' and 'Speechless' from what I know were planned singles off TFM. She even went as far as performing Speechless in numerous performances such as the Vevo launch, 2010 Grammys and more. Dance In The Dark was performed at the 2010 Brit Awards along with a piano version of Telephone so I think that was also a planned single but got scrapped. I don't think she wanted Telephone as a single...or at least didn't want to do a video for it. So if Telephone never became a single, it most likely would have been either Speechless or DITD as both songs were super popular at the time the Telephone video got released. 

'Government Hooker' was a confirmed single but also got scrapped. I think Gaga did explain a concept she had in mind for the GH music video. It was also featured on her 2011 VMA Promo video which initially set off rumours she was performing that song at the VMAs. I heard some say 'Bloody Mary' was gonna be a single but I think thats just fans wanting it to be a single. 

Obvs ARTPOP's original concept was that it would have a video for each song (as we all know), however some singles Gaga did have point out were Mary Jane Holland, Venus and Swine. When she revealed the still for the G.U.Y video (then it wasn't revealed what song the video was for) many fans were saying it was Gypsy. Gaga did mention her favourite track on ARTPOP was MJH and was thinking of a concept for it's music video. Swine i'm not sure of though, some fans said she initially wanted to make it the second single after she performed it at iTunes fest. She said Ruth Hogben (who in recent times shot the interludes for Coachella/JWT) was gonna direct the Venus MV...so that was definitely a planned single.

A-Yo was a planned single, she used it on her Apple Music commercial in promoting Joanne and also performed that song a lot too. For some who are saying Dancin' In Circles was planned it was never planned, it's clearly a fan-favourite song and many fans have been asking Gaga since Joanne's release to have that as a single. 

Sorry for the long list :ladyhaha: there was many to cover

drinkmytears
30 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

'Government Hooker' was a confirmed single but also got scrapped. I think Gaga did explain a concept she had in mind for the GH music video. It was also featured on her 2011 VMA Promo video which initially set off rumours she was performing that song at the VMAs. I heard some say 'Bloody Mary' was gonna be a single but I think thats just fans wanting it to be a single. 

Government Hooker was never planned or confirmed to be a single, I don't know where you got that from. Her label would never send a song like that to radio. Gaga just used songs like Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover, Scheisse, in other projects because the label wouldn't let her release them and she still wanted her fans to get special content for favorite songs.

1 hour ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

If Born this way was released as the second single would it still have the same cultural impact tho?

Definitely not, tbh. Any single would have done well, considering the massive hype around her back then, but a lot of the hype had to do with the secrecy of BTW itself.

I'm glad she chose it as lead, tbh.

3 points in and ready for more

Scrapped singles I know about:

Boys Boys Boys

Beautiful Dirty Rich

Dance In The Dark

Monster

Marry The Night (move to 5th single)

Scheiße

Aura

Sexxx Dreams

MANiCURE

A-YO

6 hours ago, loathereality said:

i always heard hair as a single

but no receipts

Hair was promoed as a single in australia, I remember because it had specific single posters the were hung up in sanity and Jb Hi Fi when BTW got released. I remeber the cashiers said also they were told single versions were on the way for Hair. 

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

And thank god for it. The trajectory of the singles works a lot better without BBB

I still think BBB should have replaced Beautiful Dirty Rich. It would have been more consistent with the songs out at the time and it had I think the chance to have more pull towards GP. I remember hearing Brown Eyes single rumors too but I think they were mostly rumors cause she used it in that The Fame mega video she did for album promo. 

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

8 hours ago, BibleThisWay said:

I believe Boys Boys Boys was going to be released after Paparazzi but her label chose to begin the Fame Monster era instead. 

UGH. It's still upsetting that we never got that Boys Boys Boys music video. That would have been so fun. :giveup: The choreo. :giveup: The bright colors of Fame-era Gaga. :giveup:

Archived