question

Which Singles Do We Know Were Planned and Scrapped

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
domixwodix

Beautiful Dirty Rich was meant to be the second single but it got replaced with Poker Face, that's why it has a music video

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

The Child
32 minutes ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

would a eh eh like video have worked for DITD? :giggle: 

honestly I'd loved to see a Vampire themed music video for DITD

Oh yes it would have, Gaga is all about the surprise and the unexpected, making a dark video for Dance In The Dark is just not surprising nor unexpected.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

FfFfFfFF
10 minutes ago, domixwodix said:

Beautiful Dirty Rich was meant to be the second single but it got replaced with Poker Face, that's why it has a music video

Or because it's a promo single.

domixwodix
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Or because it's a promo single.

Nah

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

FfFfFfFF
39 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

And then we got Do What You Want (With My Bops):selena:

Funny how they asked about these 3 songs when the battle was between another 2 songs instead. :selena:

Gagadonna

TF: Boys Boys Boys, maybe Starstruck

TFM: Dance in the Dark + Speechless (it got some promotion and had its own video on her youtube channel) 

BTW: Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, Government Hooker, Bloody Mary... she said BTW album would have 10-ish singles 

ARTPOP: MANiCURE, Sexxx Dreams... she asked which song fans wanted as a single + she wanted Gypsy as the last single + Venus 

Joanne: not confirmed but John Wayne and Dancin in Circles were probably candidates 

drinkmytears

Monster was meant to be a single, there was even an official remix that leaked but she didn't have time to promote it

Boys Boys Boys was to be released after Paparazzi but was scrapped when Bad Romance came about.

Dance In The Dark and Monster were supposed to be singles but the era ended after Alejandro. 

It was rumoured Heavy Metal Lover was to be the sixth and final single of Born This Way, hence why she performed it on NYE.

Aura was initially Gaga's first single for ARTPOP, the label then decided against it and Applause was made the lead.

Sexxx Dreams was also going to be a single according to Gaga at some point but it never happened. 

Red Velvet

It was the best she saved Marry the Night to not be the lead. MTN could have atleast pressed the fans by not making BTW lead.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

SergenGokdag

some of you guys really wrong about Boys Boys Boys..

Starstruck was about to become last single from The Fame and then her label heard Bad Romance and cancelled starstruck and released Bad romance as lead single from TFM

Diamond Heart 💎

From the Fame: Beautiful Dirty Rich was going to be the second single but it was replaced by Poker Face

Boys Boys Boys to be the last single but Bad Romance release was rushed

TFM: Dance in the dark (Interscope) went in a fight with Alejandro (Gaga's choice) but Gaga won. Also, there were rumors about Monster since it's mentioned on the album trailer "Featuring "Bad Romance" "Telephone" and "Monster"

BTW: Scheisse & Heavy Metal Lover were "confirmed" singles from Gaga, we all kinda knew they were going to happen. HML was released at Amazon in early January 2012 and then nothing else and they took the "single" page down. Rumors back then that Interscope banned all the BTW promo to go any further. I'm pretty sure Bloody Mary or Government Hooker were also planned singles, one of the producers (Clinton Sparks (?)) hinted this If I remember it correctly but I can't find it, but Interscope didn't want the promo to go forward.

ARTPOP: Sexxx Dreams, Aura, MANiCURE, Venus..........like half the album since when she performed iTunes Festival she did the poll about "WHAT SOUND WOULD U LIKE TO BE THE NEXT SINGLE?" but I remember a backstage video from Applause @ Good Morning America where she said something about filming Sexxx Dreams & MANiCURE videos back-to-back. Gypsy was also hinted to be a real last single release after G.U.Y. but... the fiasco. I think she wanted it go like Aura-Sexxx Dreams\MANiCURE- Venus - Gypsy. DWUW release was kinda messy so I don't think she really expected to release it as a single (just like "Hair" situation where she mentioned "Never thinking of the song as a single")

Joanne: DiC was hinted to be the third single but they went with The Cure instead and A-Yo was the original second single that went down for Million Reasons

SergenGokdag

actually anything from Gaga would Smash in 2009 idk why they moved to BR quickly lol 

Every single from TF and TFM went #1 on Pop radio 

i can see at least 7 top10 singles from TF only i would release TFM in 2010 Nov

Diamond Heart 💎

Archived