Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PewDiePie saying the n-word

gag

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

The thing is that 1)PewDiePie is not even from the United States so US history is unrelated. 2)IF WE WANT TO LEAVE THE ****ING WORD BEHIND and find this offensive,why do black people constantly use the word on MAINSTREAM songs. that everyone listens to? It's like GAYS promoting to the world calling gay people "HOMOS" but when people say it ,then it's bad.Black people use it in their everyday lives as well

Doesn't make any sense

Yes it does. If you're interested read up on US history. 

At least around American don't use it. Among your people, I couldn't care less what you say. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpookyKid
Just now, lego said:

You cannot speak for all the black people living outside of the US that they're not OR that they should not be offended by that word. Some European countries have history of slavery too. Some took the word from English and made own version. It's not something white person should say, ever.

Also cultural difference is often just excuse. 

Cultural difference is not an excuse in this case, just as some say, people in the US use the word GYPSY freely, and don't care that it is an insult in other parts of the word, so why should the rest of the word worry about a word people from the US find offensive?

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Perhaps but you can't claim the word isn't offensive either. 

It's like GYPSY. In the US no one will bat an eye. Somewhere else people will and you should know the context of words you're using. 

It is ignorant to think a word can only mean one thing. If you can avoid confrontation, do it.

It's like me coming in here saying a word isn't offensive when it is to some people. It makes one look stupid. 

That is the thing, PewDiePie isn't from the US, so he is not using to be racist, it's just another curse word

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Fiona Apple
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Yes it does. If you're interested read up on US history. 

At least around American don't use it. Among your people, I couldn't care less what you say. 

Yeah you give me history bullshit.But nobody even tried to answer to my actual point.

Parsakaali
12 minutes ago, lego said:

It is a big deal to black (and brown) people living in Northern Europe. The word is used as an insult. It was maybe in the school books in the 70s, but it's rightfully removed.

I'm not saying that word should be used, but its just that most people don't see it such a massive thing as in the USA. If you say it in work, your boss will most likely will you give you the talk about it being inappropriate, but you will not get fired unless you act racist beyond the words you use. And majority of the people have parents who had that word teached in school, so it will take its time till that word will not be used. (As a side note I'd like to mention that I personally don't really care about the words used, its all about the actions, so I might be beased, so please dont come at me too hard.) As a cliche it might be (I know, the "i have black friends thing") the few dark skinned people I know don't really care about the n-word either. since its usually used light hearthedly, the neo-nazis are a whole another deal which I dont think pewdiepie is. (Please dont attack me too hard...)

3 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Girlie, c'mon. You didn't just compare the n word with people using the term "white trash".

Not to mention that the people saying that are usually...white. It's more of a class thing than a racial slur. But ok.

And I'll take white trash seriously when a white guy gets lynched by his black master and the last thing he hears is '' white trash''.

Exactly. You take the term "white trash" more or less seriously depending on the situation. And in this situation, "the n-word" slipped out of his mouth directed to an unknown person who doesn't even know about this. And without the intention to actually hurt this person

Morphine Prince
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

Yeah you give me history bullshit.But nobody even tried to answer to my actual point.

History isn't bullshit. Maybe if you read up you'd be informed. 

Your point was answered. Stay educated. 

August Blue
3 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

This, if people from the US have a lot of racist people in their country it's not the rest of the world's fault, it's just a word for us

Racism is alive and well and not only in america. 

Also, racists use the word to opress people. 

Why use it? When this kind of people use it to opress other people? Why not use another word instead? 

Do you like it when you are called a faggot? 

Im sure u dont.. anyway, add the word faggot some history just for example purposes, lets say slavery and oppression. 

Lets say "faggot" means someone who is gay, and has been slaved and opressed. Gay means just someone attracted to the same sex.

The word faggot, would be used to opress gay people by homophobic people. 

Would you still use it? 

And how yould u feel when people would be like "Well I just wanna use the word faggot instead of gay because I can". 

Fiona Apple
5 minutes ago, gag said:

Oh my God...

It's an insult because of DECADES of history that has made it an insult, there's an entire history of violence and anger towards black people behind that word. It's an insult because people still use it derogatively to this day to specifically target and harm BLACK PEOPLE.

Black people use it more often than anyone else because it's their words to reclaim. The word that has been used aggressively towards them and their ancestors their whole lives, the word that.  Similar to f*****, gay people are able to use it because they understand the connotations behind it and it's them reclaiming the word for themselves.

Further if you're not black you literally have no place to decide whether a word is racist or not, it's not being used against you. It's not harmful towards you or your community.

I don't think you want to change your mind on this but the history behind that word is worth reading up on.

Since when is it okay for gays to publically use words like "*******"? If Sam Smith used that word casually on a song ,he would be dragged TO HELL and back

1 minute ago, benKo said:

Exactly. You take the term "white trash" more or less seriously depending on the situation. And in this situation, "the n-word" slipped out of his mouth directed to an unknown person who doesn't even know about this.

You missed my point by 100 miles but ok.

ZiggyZiggs
Just now, Chic said:

This is the kind of thing people should be angry about. This is disgusting.

guuurrlll educate the ignorants on this thread :air: I'm so shocked by what I''m reading rn :air: They're making this an 'American' thing and they're not even black :air: 

Fiona Apple
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

History isn't bullshit. Maybe if you read up you'd be informed. 

Your point was answered. Stay educated. 

I am not saying that history is bullshit. I am saying that it's not related to what I am saying and the point I made,which you did NOT answer.

August Blue
5 minutes ago, ZeldaJ said:

People should be allowed to have their own opinions, whether you agree with it or not. Freedom of speech, you know? :) 

Your freedom ends when mine is being threatend. 

1 minute ago, Chic said:

This is the kind of thing people should be angry about. This is disgusting.

This? Out of all the crazy sh*t going down currently. This is what we should be upset about?

Ok :sharon:

• Dominic locked this topic

Archived