Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PewDiePie saying the n-word

gag

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple
Just now, August Blue said:

Yeah too much for you to understand :poot: 

Yeah "THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT" is such a strong argument and is really hard for my stupid brain to understand.

Instead of insulting you or anyone else,I am trying to explain my point of view.So if you want to quote me,use your brain and your opinions and not your random ignorant insults

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpookyKid
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

I will educate you because you're asking but honestly Google is free and if you actually cared you would have looked up the history of the word before spewing misinformation. 

Ni**er is a variant of the word "negro," yes it derived from "black." Somewhere in US history the word became an offense directed at black people. When whites said it to blacks it was meant as a label for someone sub-human. An ignorant person, a fool, an animal. 

So yes, that is the "secret" meaning you could have easily Googled. 

that is the thing, US HISTORY, the rest of the world doesn't need to be ofended by a world that only affects the US

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

ZiggyZiggs

GGD literally reminds me of Twitter. Accounts get suspended for for criticizing a song or a movie but white supremacists openly spew hate and nothing happens. You get WP's for flaimbait but it's ok for you to say 'saying the n-word is ok' and still get away with it :air: 

August Blue
Just now, Fiona Apple said:

Yeah "THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT" is such a strong argument and is really hard for my stupid brain to understand.

Instead of insulting you or anyone else,I am trying to explain my point of view.So if you want to quote me,use your brain and your opinions and not your random ignorant insults

First of all, saying "you're ignorant" to someone is not offensive. 

Its what it is, you didnt know about the "n" word and its meaning, therefore you're and ignorant in this kind of topic. 

SpookyKid

People from the US: the rest of the world doesn't need to be worried about your own history problems

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

GGD literally reminds me of Twitter. Accounts get suspended for for criticizing a song or a movie but white supremacists openly spew hate and nothing happens. You get WP's for flaimbait but it's ok for you to say 'saying the n-word is ok' and still get away with it :air: 

People should be allowed to have their own opinions, whether you agree with it or not. Freedom of speech, you know? :) 

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

I will educate you because you're asking but honestly Google is free and if you actually cared you would have looked up the history of the word before spewing misinformation. 

Ni**er is a variant of the word "negro," yes it derived from "black." Somewhere in US history the word became an offense directed at black people. When whites said it to blacks it was meant as a label for someone sub-human. An ignorant person, a fool, an animal. 

So yes, that is the "secret" meaning you could have easily Googled. 

The thing is that 1)PewDiePie is not even from the United States so US history is unrelated. 2)IF WE WANT TO LEAVE THE ****ING WORD BEHIND and find this offensive,why do black people constantly use the word on MAINSTREAM songs. that everyone listens to? It's like GAYS promoting to the world calling gay people "HOMOS" but when people say it ,then it's bad.Black people use it in their everyday lives as well

Doesn't make any sense

Just now, SpookyKid said:

that is the thing, US HISTORY, the rest of the world doesn't need to be ofended by a world that only affects the US

You cannot speak for all the black people living outside of the US that they're not OR that they should not be offended by that word. Some European countries have history of slavery too. Some took the word from English and made own version. It's not something white person should say, ever.

Also cultural difference is often just excuse. 

FreePalestine

Morphine Prince

Perhaps but you can't claim the word isn't offensive either. 

It's like GYPSY. In the US no one will bat an eye. Somewhere else people will and you should know the context of words you're using. 

It is ignorant to think a word can only mean one thing. If you can avoid confrontation, do it.

It's like me coming in here saying a word isn't offensive when it is to some people. It makes one look stupid. 

People from the US: the rest of the world doesn't need to be worried about your own history problems

I hope this doesn't come off as rude but would you say the same thing if Pewdiepie was joking about the Holocaust?

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

27 minutes ago, benKo said:

I don't like the use of much swearing in general, but I don't think you can say he's a racist. You absolutely see, that he doesn't mean it as a direct insult to black people, rather than just as a bad swearing word against some random guy he doesn't even now and he knew he can't hear him.

But the hipocrisy of some people really annoys me. I read the term "white trash" really often on this cult site or someone generalizing all whites, and nobody has a problem with that. But if a bad swearing word slips out of some stupid livestreamer, not even with the intention to really hurt somebody, then everyone shouts "RACIST ALT RIGHT SCUMBAG WHITE TRASH NAZI"...

And don't even start with this fiverr thing... I can't believe that some SJW take that seriously

Girlie, c'mon. You didn't just compare the n word with people using the term "white trash".

Not to mention that the people saying that are usually...white. It's more of a class thing than a racial slur. But ok.

And I'll take that term seriously when a white guy gets lynched by his black master and the last thing he hears is '' white trash''.

7 minutes ago, Fiona Apple said:

It's an insult only because people want to see it like that,and find problems with everything. Of course watching black people and only thinking about their color is racist itself.But the word itself is really not a thing and the fact that black people use it more than any other word like "dude" etc. (especially in their songs that have IMPACT on both white and black people) shows that it's all bullshit

Of course if you use it as an insult it's racist af. But the way Pewdiepie said it ,is no big deal

Oh my God...

It's an insult because of DECADES of history that has made it an insult, there's an entire history of violence and anger towards black people behind that word. It's an insult because people still use it derogatively to this day to specifically target and harm BLACK PEOPLE.

Black people use it more often than anyone else because it's their words to reclaim. The word that has been used aggressively towards them and their ancestors their whole lives, the word that.  Similar to f*****, gay people are able to use it because they understand the connotations behind it and it's them reclaiming the word for themselves.

Further if you're not black you literally have no place to decide whether a word is racist or not, it's not being used against you. It's not harmful towards you or your community.

I don't think you want to change your mind on this but the history behind that word is worth reading up on.

5 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

You know it is a derogatory word only for people in the US and a lot of people in here aren't from the US? It's just another ****ing word for us

Anti-blackness is prevalent everywhere in the world, this argument would make sense if PewDiePie was a smalltown person who is isolated from politics and cultural differences from around the world. But the fact that he has been called out once and refuses to change his vocabulary is gross. I don't understand why you're so insistent on saying a word that can easily be avoided?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

3 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

are you black, at least dark skinned? if you are cool, if you're not then you don't get to decide honey. black people decide if it's offensive to them or not

the number of people excuse me no'ing me tho :air: never knew GGD was filled with such ignorance when it comes to race and derogatory words related to race.

I can't at white people dictating what POC's should be offended at :air: 

Of course POC can be offended by it, i mean, thats what the word refers to, but this is not America, and too POC here dont take it here like it in America, a white blonde 'non-gangsta' boy from a class thats half black would just say n*gga around them, like when I do something arguably retarded my best friend calls me f*ggot, its all in jest. Yet these are not words that youd just express openly in the street for expample because they are people that you personally dont know around.

its like if Gaga would say f*ggot I wouldnt blink, but if Pence did, I would, dont you get it ? over and out

ZiggyZiggs

OMG YAAAA'LL I'M SO SHCOKED RN :air: WHAT IS GOING ON :air: ARE WHITE PEOPLE SRSLY DEFENDING THE USE OF SOMETHING OFFENSIVE TO BLACK PEOPLE OPENLY ON A GAGA FORUM?! :air: I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING ON GGD

Just now, gag said:

Oh my God...

It's an insult because of DECADES of history that has made it an insult, there's an entire history of violence and anger towards black people behind that word. It's an insult because people still use it derogatively to this day to specifically target and harm BLACK PEOPLE.

Black people use it more often than anyone else because it's their words to reclaim. The word that has been used aggressively towards them and their ancestors their whole lives, the word that.  Similar to f*****, gay people are able to use it because they understand the connotations behind it and it's them reclaiming the word for themselves.

Further if you're not black you literally have no place to decide whether a word is racist or not, it's not being used against you. It's not harmful towards you or your community.

I don't think you want to change your mind on this but the history behind that word is worth reading up on.

Anti-blackness is prevalent everywhere in the world, this argument would make sense if PewDiePie was a smalltown person who is isolated from politics and cultural differences from around the world. But the fact that he has been called out once and refuses to change his vocabulary is gross. I don't understand why you're so insistent on saying a word that can easily be avoided?

Finally, a rational human being on this thread. I could cry.

• Dominic locked this topic

Archived