💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga:5F2 to receive limited theatrical release

yASSsss

Featured Posts

ZiggyZiggs
Just now, Wixson said:

It's eligible this year if Gaga's management & Netflix play their cards right and on time. 

They should push the doc for the 2019 Oscars imo, with ASIB it could really help her chances

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
romonster
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

omg so she's eligible for the 2018 Oscars?

Yeah, I think so. Her team just has to submit everything by this month.

1 minute ago, romonster said:

90th ACADEMY AWARDS SPECIAL RULES FOR THE DOCUMENTARY AWARDS

The eligibility period for documentary features begins on January 1, 2017, and ends on December 31, 2017.

To be eligible for 90th Academy Awards consideration, a documentary feature must complete both a seven-day theatrical release in Los Angeles County and a seven-day theatrical release in the City of New York during the eligibility period.

For films being released between August 21 and December 31, the completed online submission form, letters from the theaters confirming that the film will be satisfying the release requirements, and all other entry materials, including the digital content delivery and DVDs, must be received by the Academy by 5 p.m. PT on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.

http://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/90aa_doc_features.pdf

From what I understand, Gaga's team just has to fill in the form and do all the formalities and submit it to the Academy by September 20th. Documentaries released this entire year are eligible as long as they're submitted by September 20th.

EGO Gaga is coming for you.

qEqNoZn.gif

Mirages
27 minutes ago, Edonis said:

If it's true, then her team and Chris are pushing for that Oscar. But would she even be awarded anything? She's not credited for anything other than staring in it, is she? :oprah:

Shes a producer, but even if she doesnt win shes gonna have bigger chance winning next year for ASIB if she gets nominated, what their doing is building reputation for the Oscars, shes performed for the past two years + was already nominated once so she is in the know of Academy members so the next time shes gonna get nominated its gonna be easier to push for a win.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
2 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

They should push the doc for the 2019 Oscars imo, with ASIB it could really help her chances

Their building a rep for her, being nominated last year and having performed for the past two years + if she gets nominated now and doesnt win gives her chances for nomination potential win next year because Academy members are gonna remember her.

Brie Candy

The doc can be nominated next year, as long as they send the copy to the Academy until September 20 and put it on screen before December 31 (for one week at least)

8 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

I thought about that, but then remembered different Academy committees are voting for almost each category + that would be a year after the doc's release which would hurt its chances.  :cryga: It's all about timing and campaigning with the Oscars.

Mirages
1 minute ago, Brie Candy said:

Our girl can be nominated for a Grammy, Oscar and Emmy with this doc :)

Come thru Bobby, Troy could never :classy:

34 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

She's credited in it as a producer! :heart:

but she could never meet the 20 of 30 criteria she needs to be actually considered a producer by the academy if she didn't see it before TIFF

8 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

that isn't possible, it needs to be submitted in the year  they do the theatre release and it needs to be released in theatres before Netflix to be eligible at all... their only option is the 2018 Oscars

ZiggyZiggs
2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Their building a rep for her, being nominated last year and having performed for the past two years + if she gets nominated now and doesnt win gives her chances for nomination potential win next year because Academy members are gonna remember her.

wow we honestly don't give Bobby credit for everything he's done for our girl. He really took her career in a direction we NEVER thought she would go :giveup: TROY MUST BE SEETHING :giveup:

ZiggyZiggs

Gaga won't be credited for the Oscar cuz she didn't have much involvement in the end product? hoping she does tho. well it's more exposure nonetheless 

Teal Ambition

No fair :cryga: I wanna see it in theatres

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

ZiggyZiggs
4 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

but she could never meet the 20 of 30 criteria she needs to be actually considered a producer by the academy if she didn't see it before TIFF

that isn't possible, it needs to be submitted in the year  they do the theatre release and it needs to be released in theatres before Netflix to be eligible at all... their only option is the 2018 Oscars

oh damn so we have literally two more weeks? hope they pull thru omg

Archived