Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Gaga's SB wins Emmy - Gaga Carpool awarded! / EMMYS 2017

ClariceStarling

Featured Posts

Bradley
32 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Same but im also tired of Gaga not winning major awards recently. I want her to get a grammy or emmy so bad :madge:

I agree but let's remember a lot of artists don't even get nominated. This halftime show received a record-breaking 6 Emmy nominations.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ClariceStarling
6 minutes ago, tthen said:

Sure some people find carpool karaoke fun, but it's sitting in a car talking and singing. I'm not even sure how it even ended up in that category...it wasn't a special or anything. It was simply a segment of a talkshow. That should've been placed in one of the talk show categories, and not alongside Lemonade/Adele live in NY/Oscars etc.

Carpool Karaoke winning over Lemonade is still a mystery, sis. But hey, Beyoncé won in the end. She got a Peabody Award. A big f-cking deal. 

4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Guys don't expect an Emmy yet. It's really not that easy to win that category.

However if she does win it, she will make history. I don't think I've heard of a halftime show winning that.

We know. :sharon:

2007:
The 60th Annual Tony Awards (won)
Prince: Super Bowl XLI Halftime Show (nominated)

2016:
Grease: Live! (won)
Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show (nominated)

This award always goes to the Tonys. Like... always. 

freebit

We're all aware the odds are against her, but I hope she miraculously pulls through in the category she's nominated in.

27 minutes ago, tthen said:

Lemonade was even snubbed for carpool karaoke :toofunny: If something that critically lauded couldn't win, it's hard to believe that a SB performance would.

That was nuts. :deadbanana: Ugh. 

Bradley
4 minutes ago, ClariceStarling said:

Carpool Karaoke winning over Lemonade is still a mystery, sis. But hey, Beyoncé won in the end. She got a Peabody Award. A big f-cking deal. 

2007:

2016:

I literally have no idea how the Tonys look like, I haven't watched one ceremony before.

ClariceStarling
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I literally have no idea how the Tonys look like, I haven't watched one ceremony before.

They're excellent. And that year with James Corden was phenomenal. 

21 minutes ago, ClariceStarling said:

2007:

2016:

It doesn't go to the Tonys that often though. I think Oscars get it more (the ceremony being nominated this year isn't the 2017 Tony's...it's 2016 since the Tonys air a week after the deadline)

ClariceStarling
Just now, tthen said:

It doesn't go to the Tonys that often though. I think Oscars get it more (the ceremony being nominated this year isn't the 2017 Tony's...it's 2016 since the Tonys air a week after the deadline)

I know. I was talking about the 2016 ceremony. That was spectacular. 

And, well...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primetime_Emmy_Award_for_Outstanding_Special_Class_Program#2010s

:neyde:

ClariceStarling
1 minute ago, tthen said:

****...what makes this worse is that the ceremony is a full 15 months before the Emmys...don't they get tired :selena:

I guess not. :selena:

Read this if you want. It's short: 

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/emmy-predictions-lady-gaga-super-bowl-halftime-show-oscars-envelopegate-news-579136428/

ClariceStarling
Just now, tthen said:

Yea I'm a goldderby member...been following the odds and Oscars is leading

I'm invested in this because I'm an awards fanatic, but whatever tbh. Enough is enough. :madge: dhgjdsg

5 minutes ago, ClariceStarling said:

I'm invested in this because I'm an awards fanatic, but whatever tbh. Enough is enough. :madge: dhgjdsg

The Emmys are my main awards show of the year since TV is my favorite form of entertainment. Grammys are 2nd Tonys are 3rd and Oscars are 4th :selena:

ClariceStarling
Just now, tthen said:

The Emmys are my main awards show of the year since TV is my favorite form of entertainment. Grammys are 2nd Tonys are 3rd and Oscars are 4th :selena:

The Oscars and Tonys are superior. They still have some kind of credibility. :whitney:

5 minutes ago, ClariceStarling said:

The Oscars and Tonys are superior. They still have some kind of credibility. :whitney:

Tony's yea, but I think that the Oscars kinda tarnished that with Envelopegate. Also the actual Emmys (not creative arts) is still pretty credible afaik...not lots of outrageous or controversial picks.

10 minutes ago, tthen said:

Tony's yea, but I think that the Oscars kinda tarnished that with Envelopegate. Also the actual Emmys (not creative arts) is still pretty credible afaik...not lots of outrageous or controversial picks.

I think how the Emmys lack in credibility is their favoritism

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Archived