🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
question

How Come There Aren't Any Black Pop Stars?

Featured Posts

JeremiJello   Paws Up 919
JeremiJello
1 minute ago, Rafr88 said:

Bruno's father is half Puerto Rican and half Ashkenazi Jewish descent and is originally from Brooklyn, New York. His mother emigrated from the Philippines to Hawaii as a child, and was of Filipino, and some Spanish, ancestry.

Thats the reason labels sometimes dont even care:saladga:

I really dont want to be mean, I just don't understand why all the confusion:sharon:

ur saying that i said that there's no such thing as a black hispanic (which i never said of the sort!)

Edited by JeremiJello

BBhomemaker   Paws Up 1,847
BBhomemaker
8 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

It's not that a record label wouldn't want a black country artist, it's that there isn't a black country artist.

Now we got her, She's a new artist :happy:

• Like 2

Rafr88   Paws Up 245
Rafr88
3 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

ur saying that i said that there's no such thing as a black hispanic (which i never said of the sort!)

I ask this:

56 minutes ago, Rafr88 said:

So you cant be black hispanic?

Because you said this:

1 hour ago, JeremiJello said:

Bruno isn't black...wtf

1 hour ago, JoanneMonster said:

then what is he?

1 hour ago, JeremiJello said:

Peutro Rican (Spanish Descent), Filipino, and Jewish

I rest my case:madge:

JeremiJello
Just now, BBhomemaker said:

Now we got her, She's a new artist :happy:

stan ha!

• Like 1

ToxicHot   Paws Up 1,498
ToxicHot

Rihanna is one of the biggest pop stars on the planet. Yes, her recent work is mostly urban, but she still has a huge presence in the pop world and has made many, many pop songs (Umbrella, Only Girl, S&M, We Found Love, Where Have You Been, Diamonds, etc.). I feel like, even with her urban songs (What's My Name, Work, Needed Me, Pour It Up, etc.) she is still seen as "pop" to the GP. 

I would also consider Nicki Minaj somewhat of an (unconventional) popstar, since she has many pop songs (Starships, Whip It, Automatic, Beautiful Sinner, Va Va Voom, The Night Is Still Young), and her image during 2011-2013 was very poppy and bubbly. Obviously her primary genre is hip-hop, but that doesn't mean she can't be versatile with her music style. I personally see her as an ARTIST, as opposed to just a rapper or popstar. 

Also, Tinashe is an emerging pop star (even though I feel like her label is the one pushing her to put out pop material, since she broke out with R&B).

• Love 1
Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.

JeremiJello
Just now, Rafr88 said:

I ask this:

Because you said this:

I rest my case:madge:

I was saying bruno isn't black because he isn't black...

people were insinuating that he was black because of his hair, skin color, and nose. I'm not racist.

Kylie Jenner   Paws Up 4,785
Kylie Jenner

You're right, however remember Michael Jackson was the king of pop :poot: and the other Jackson kids including Janet. Also Chris Brown has done some pop songs before, even though now he is mostly doing R&B/Hip Hop. Some pop girl groups such as little mix, 5H and Pussycat Dolls. Ciara is also a black pop artist. 

But overall I agree, there isn't as many. But then again it's always been known that Hip Hop/Rap genre is mostly black oriented and pop is white oriented. However I think a little more diversity in the music industry would be heaps better.

• Like 2
"I could be your f*g hag, and you could be my gay. I'll never make you feel sad when you come out to play"

JeremiJello
Just now, Kylie Jenner said:

You're right, however remember Michael Jackson was the king of pop :poot: and the other Jackson kids including Janet. Also Chris Brown has done some pop songs before, even though now he is mostly doing R&B/Hip Hop. Some pop girl groups such as little mix, 5H and Pussycat Dolls. Ciara is also a black pop artist. 

But overall I agree, there isn't as many. But then again it's always been known that Hip Hop/Rap genre is mostly black oriented and pop is white oriented. However I think a little more diversity in the music industry would be heaps better.

See, this was the response I was waiting for with no hate against my comment. 

• Like 1

FfFfFfFF   Paws Up 1,742
FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, JeremiJello said:

See, this was the response I was waiting for with no hate against my comment. 

But then why did you ask this question if you already knew the answer. :poot:

• LMAO 7

JeremiJello
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

But then why did you ask this question if you already knew the answer. :poot:

I didn't know the answer...

JeremiJello
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

:oprah:

I still don't know the answer...

Rafr88   Paws Up 245
Rafr88
10 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

I was saying bruno isn't black because he isn't black...

people were insinuating that he was black because of his hair, skin color, and nose. I'm not racist.

Im not saying youre racist, im just concerned about the terms:saladga:

Do you research, don't be scared, GagaDaily is not going anywhere:awkney:

EDIT: I dont know how otherway say it, i feel bad, im going to other thread:madge::bye:

Edited by Rafr88

Maleficent   Paws Up 4,150
Maleficent

Bill Clinton

Edit: mess I read the title wrong 

Edited by Maleficent
  • LMAO 9