💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Your IT experience [Spoilers]

Mr Ricky

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
3 hours ago, briffan2014 said:

I found it annoying that so many kids were in there watching the movie. While the story centers around a group of kids, it is by no stretch of the imagination a "kid movie". They were distracting and talking/screaming at every chance they got. One girl was covering her eyes the whole time and telling her mom she wanted to leave and her mom just kept saying "it's almost over", and I felt so bad for her because she clearly did not sign up for this. Bottom line is: Parents have the right to bring their kids to movies like these, but they need to make sure the kids understand how scary it will probably be for them. In this case I wish it were sort of like NC-17 movies where you can't bring your kids in at all. But unfortunately that is not the case. It's sad that most of the theater experiences I have had in the past year have been so awful that I just can't stand going. But I knew this would be a movie that I would want to see in the theater. 

See that's just bad parenting (and borderline abusive) when your child is clearly scared and wants to leave but you're forcing them to stay. As a parent, you know your child best and if they're the wiggly squirmy "I wanna run around" type or the type that gets scared easily, then wait for the movie to come out on DVD and watch it at home. I took my daughter today (she's 7) but only because she begged and pleaded for me to take her (she gets the horror gene from me haha). I told her from the beginning that we'll leave immediately if she gets too scared and that she is to sit quietly, eat her popcorn, and not kick the seats in front of us. There were only a couple times where she had to bury her face in my arm 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the movie but it peaked with its opening scene tbh still better than the horror movies released in the last 10 years so bravo

I would give the film a 7/10.

It was definitely a good watch, but I was really underwhelmed by it. I still firmly stand by my thought that this book can only be given proper treatment as a mini series, not one or two films.

My critiques:

Spoiler

1. Character Development: The book itself is basically "Stand By Me" just with a supernatural element in the background. The film just did not develop the kids enough, nor the people around them. The relationship between the kids was the most important aspect of the entire novel, and their bond was the only reason they were able to even defeat IT. Henry Bowers was extremely underused, and you never really got a sense that he was slowly going over the edge, as with the book. The narrative of the movie follows the kids journeys over the course of a few days, maybe a few weeks, whereas the book spans over a few months.

2. CGI: It saddens me that studios do not seem to listen to audiences critiques, and this shows during the film. The constant overuse of CGI was distracting and completely took me out of the moment. I'm simply not afraid of something that clearly looks like it was created on a computer. Pennywise had sharp teeth and such in the book, but he didn't have some sort of mouth that came out of his mouth like a goblin shark. 

3. The Score: This was completely over the top. There is a reason why less is more, and hopefully they learn from this. Every single scene seemed to have this climactic fast-paced musical crescendo, literally, even a shot of water. Why?

4. Pennywise: To clarify, I thought Bill Skarsgard did a great job with the character itself, but the direction and way the character was presented just wasn't scary. Just like @Dadaga said above me, it peaked at the opening scene. Pennywise was scary in the book, because he really tried to prey on your fears, whereas, other than the opening scene where the character genuinely seemed fleshed out, the rest of the film was just him popping up, screaming and running at the camera. I am sure some people are frightened by that, but not me. Suspense goes much farther than what they relied on.

5. The Story: While they did remain much truer to the book, there were certain elements that were changed, which caused plot holes with the ones that were not. Pennywise states he can not kill the kids in the end, simply because their lack of fear. They presented him as a being whom could only kill if the victim was afraid. Yet in the beginning, with Georgie, he did the exact opposite. He was trying to calm the boy, not scare him.

Aside from that, I did enjoy it, and will watch it again, same with the TV movie from the 90's. I am looking forward to Chapter Two.

GoldenPonyboy

Im a big horror movie fan, this was the best movie since the conjuring and that is saying a lot for me. It hit all the right notes. I could have done without some of the CGI stuff but it was still amazing

TheCureinMalibu

Oh my god.

The movie scares the sh!t out of me.

I didn't expect the horror scenes to be this surprising:golfclap:

also damn I hate those teeth.

dlioncourt91
On 9/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, Doot said:

I would give the film a 7/10.

It was definitely a good watch, but I was really underwhelmed by it. I still firmly stand by my thought that this book can only be given proper treatment as a mini series, not one or two films.

My critiques:

Hide contents

1. Character Development: The book itself is basically "Stand By Me" just with a supernatural element in the background. The film just did not develop the kids enough, nor the people around them. The relationship between the kids was the most important aspect of the entire novel, and their bond was the only reason they were able to even defeat IT. Henry Bowers was extremely underused, and you never really got a sense that he was slowly going over the edge, as with the book. The narrative of the movie follows the kids journeys over the course of a few days, maybe a few weeks, whereas the book spans over a few months.

2. CGI: It saddens me that studios do not seem to listen to audiences critiques, and this shows during the film. The constant overuse of CGI was distracting and completely took me out of the moment. I'm simply not afraid of something that clearly looks like it was created on a computer. Pennywise had sharp teeth and such in the book, but he didn't have some sort of mouth that came out of his mouth like a goblin shark. 

3. The Score: This was completely over the top. There is a reason why less is more, and hopefully they learn from this. Every single scene seemed to have this climactic fast-paced musical crescendo, literally, even a shot of water. Why?

4. Pennywise: To clarify, I thought Bill Skarsgard did a great job with the character itself, but the direction and way the character was presented just wasn't scary. Just like @Dadaga said above me, it peaked at the opening scene. Pennywise was scary in the book, because he really tried to prey on your fears, whereas, other than the opening scene where the character genuinely seemed fleshed out, the rest of the film was just him popping up, screaming and running at the camera. I am sure some people are frightened by that, but not me. Suspense goes much farther than what they relied on.

5. The Story: While they did remain much truer to the book, there were certain elements that were changed, which caused plot holes with the ones that were not. Pennywise states he can not kill the kids in the end, simply because their lack of fear. They presented him as a being whom could only kill if the victim was afraid. Yet in the beginning, with Georgie, he did the exact opposite. He was trying to calm the boy, not scare him.

Aside from that, I did enjoy it, and will watch it again, same with the TV movie from the 90's. I am looking forward to Chapter Two.

Thank you! I felt the same way!

Pennywise was supposed to lure children and taunt his victims. This one felt extremely faceless and he peaked as you said in the sewer drain scene. Everything else was just him repeating iconic quotes or shoestring dialogue and charging at people bearing his teeth. He could have used definitely more meat to his role and the CGI did him no favors.

Mike's character was completely destroyed. I read they're making him into an addict in the second part. Lord. He's the one who reads up on Derry, stays and calls everyone back since he never left.

It's not what I expected it to be (I expected it to be scarier), but it's actually quite a good film. It's humorous af, which I appreciated.

19 minutes ago, dlioncourt91 said:

Thank you! I felt the same way!

Pennywise was supposed to lure children and taunt his victims. This one felt extremely faceless and he peaked as you said in the sewer drain scene. Everything else was just him repeating iconic quotes or shoestring dialogue and charging at people bearing his teeth. He could have used definitely more meat to his role and the CGI did him no favors.

Mike's character was completely destroyed. I read they're making him into an addict in the second part. Lord. He's the one who reads up on Derry, stays and calls everyone back since he never left.

I mean, I don't mind them taking liberties to update the stories, and to give the characters more depth, which according to the director, that is what the addict angle is supposed to stem from.

However, the book itself had enough depth. Honestly, if they sat down and thought that they needed to change things in order to adapt it to a film, that should have been the first clue. While it raked in a huge amount of money, the narrative of the book could have been better told in a mini series setting, where time was not a constraint. Aside from some randomness in the book (the orgy scene), nothing really had to be removed. I can be okay with updating the time period, but even that wasn't really necessary. 

RadioIsOurs

It's not scary. You must be 12 if you think so. Case closed. :poot:

Whitney+Houston+at+Pre-GRAMMY+Gala_mpeg2

Spoiler

I still think it's a decent movie with great characters :bon:

freezer bride
On 9/10/2017 at 11:32 PM, fish c a k e said:

Am I the only one who didn't really like it?  :poot: I mean I love horror movies,  but idk this fell short for me. 

I second this.

♥.

ryanripley

incredible incredible INCREDIBLE movie oh my god, they deserve awards for that pennywise make up alone :diane: 

you really need to see this on the big screen instead of on your laptop, in bed watching a SD leaked version with encoded subtitles, it's a work of art

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Just now, ryanripley said:

incredible incredible INCREDIBLE movie oh my god, they deserve awards for that pennywise make up alone :diane: 

you really need to see this on the big screen instead of on your laptop, in bed watching a SD leaked version with encoded subtitles, it's a work of art

Spoiler

How do you feel on one of IT's shape as the painting lady? That really shocking lol 

But the library scenes really fcks me up:giveup:

From the IT pretending to be librarian lady creepily evil smirking behind his back to the apparition of the headless boy :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mr Ricky
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Hide contents

How do you feel on one of IT's shape as the painting lady? That really shocking lol 

But the library scenes really fcks me up:giveup:

From the IT pretending to be librarian lady creepily evil smirking behind his back to the apparition of the headless boy :giveup:

The library one was so freaky, especially with that score behind it when it comes the stairs. :giveup:  Eggboy. 

Crossfit

Archived