Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Your IT experience [Spoilers]

Mr Ricky

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, lilmonster93 said:

I saw the miniseries but don't remember it and haven't read the book. I know there wasn't any gay characters but considering this film is different; especially the timeline, I wouldn't be surprised by modern touches and updates added.

The novel took place in the later 50s and mid 80s. The miniseries took place in 1960 and 1990. While movies will be taking place in 1988/89 and the 2015/16, so it leaves them with a lot of space to add many modern influences and events.

I'm not really expecting the gay thing too much though.

Yeah, I wasn't meant to address the gay part as well. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love horror movies but I was actually kinda scared during this movie :toofunny: maybe more of an uneasy feeling but still

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

JudasIsAHolyFoo

I hate horror movies but love stephen king stuff (if that makes sense :poot:) so I faced my fear of horror movies and saw it and I'm so glad I did. I loved it 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Mr Judas

The attention to detail in this film is extraordinary. A perfect example for this is:

The painting lady's introduction. An amazing scene. The boy turned to the wrong side and behind him the flute sound, followed by the flute drop sound aka metal clank, and then she emerged. Amazing. And the camera work was particularly spectacular in this one scene, cutting from the boys perspective, to 3rd person view and the painting lady's perspective. 

My ratings:

Acting 9/10

Camera work 10/10 (direction incl.)

Story/Plot 8/10

Scary factors 7.5/10

Creepy factors 8.5/10

Overall 8.5/10 

Can't wait for chapter 2 and pennywise's background story.

imnotyourbabe10

It's a great film...but the book is way scarier when you're reading the depth of each frightening line...plus the book gives a more robust background...understand they can't fit 1000 pages into 2 movies, though.  

For example, Patrick Hockstetter's character and arch in the novel is horrifying...here's a summary so you can see how they changed that for the film: http://stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Patrick_Hockstetter

Mr Ricky
10 hours ago, Pluto said:

I love horror movies but I was actually kinda scared during this movie :toofunny: maybe more of an uneasy feeling but still

Probably because the atmosphere was on point. Like, the library scene when the fatty looks throughout the book, you see this woman behind him staring so fcking creepy. :giveup:  I had chills everything going on there. 

Same goes for the part in the basement, the way Pennywise uses Georgie as a doll (ventriloquist) and that voice that kept changing. It was so fcking creepy. Then the moment he just throws Georgie into the water with that enhanced tone in his voice. :giveup:

Crossfit

Monster Voices

Went to see IT yesterday night and it exceeded my expectations A LOT! I had watched the original and almost died of boredom. But this was so action packed and had so many cool new scenes. The kids were phenomenal with their acting. It was just good cinema man. 

As a horror fan I give it s good 9/10. Take 1 point for the insane amount of jump scares that just didn't do it for me. Will watch it again! 

SPOILERS AHREAD

I have seen too many horror movies to be scared of a clown and zombies at all. So I thought nothing would phase me. My friends were watching the clown scenes through their fingers... and I was watching the ones with Beverlys father like that. The adults and older kids in this movie were the real villains my god. This movie is so good exactly cause it has so many different types of horror that it can reach everyone. 

Forever and Always!

I made these gifs.

Spoiler

tumblr_owrstaCFZp1re1qmwo1_400.gif

tumblr_owrr80hdYl1re1qmwo1_500.gif

Does anyone have gifs of the sink scene? Also them throwing rocks at the older boys?

• 3 weeks later...
GlitterAndGrease
On 22/9/2017 at 1:38 PM, Monster Voices said:

Went to see IT yesterday night and it exceeded my expectations A LOT! I had watched the original and almost died of boredom. But this was so action packed and had so many cool new scenes. The kids were phenomenal with their acting. It was just good cinema man. 

As a horror fan I give it s good 9/10. Take 1 point for the insane amount of jump scares that just didn't do it for me. Will watch it again! 

SPOILERS AHREAD

I have seen too many horror movies to be scared of a clown and zombies at all. So I thought nothing would phase me. My friends were watching the clown scenes through their fingers... and I was watching the ones with Beverlys father like that. The adults and older kids in this movie were the real villains my god. This movie is so good exactly cause it has so many different types of horror that it can reach everyone. 

I couldn't agree more

Some Pennywise scenes were overwhelming but the scenes with Beverly's dad were the worst. 

I just came back from the cinema after watching the movie with my beloved boyfriend. It took me about an hour to calm him (and secretly myself) down. I tried to hide my fear in order to make him feel more safe and less scared

Illuminati
5 minutes ago, GlitterAndGrease said:

I couldn't agree more

Some Pennywise scenes were overwhelming but the scenes with Beverly's dad were the worst. 

I just came back from the cinema after watching the movie with my beloved boyfriend. It took me about an hour to calm him (and secretly myself) down. I tried to hide my fear in order to make him feel more safe and less scared

It really wasn't that scary though :confused: 

GlitterAndGrease
18 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

It really wasn't that scary though :confused: 

We are both very scared of clowns

Archived