Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Lady Gaga spills secrets of new Netflix documentary, Gaga: Five Foot Two

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 month period starting from June 2016? Coachella is probably going to be the end scene :giveup:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

LetsGetHigh
21 minutes ago, viniferrett said:

the director said the doc will also show her filming AHS 

:giveup::giveup: 

someone should post that on /r/americanhorrorstory for promo

yASSsss

love this part:unicorn:

The film will explore Gaga’s legacy and evolution as an artist and as a person

GAGA: “[The film is not me taking control of my narrative] more than I have before. When I’ve chosen to wear big shoulder pads and avant-garde clothes back when it wasn’t sexy to do it in 2008, I was doing it because I refuse to let anyone around me tell me what is beautiful about a woman or how a woman should be sexy or how women in the music industry should sell their bodies to be sexy. I’ve always done that.”

MOUKARBEL: “I always got the feeling that part of her creativity comes from an internal struggle. She has an outsized amount of talent and ambition but also needs to have real human connections to be happy. Those needs can often be at odds because one is usually at the expense of the other. She’s definitely fighting for balance. I like to think of this film as a simple portrait of a truly complex person. She’s put herself in such a position of influence and is really thoughtful and hyper aware of that power. One of my personal takeaways is that there is a lot of power in allowing yourself to be vulnerable.”

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Whispering

I love this part:

"I always got the feeling that part of her creativity comes from an internal struggle. She has an outsized amount of talent and ambition but also needs to have real human connections to be happy. Those needs can often be at odds because one is usually at the expense of the other. She’s definitely fighting for balance. I like to think of this film as a simple portrait of a truly complex person. She’s put herself in such a position of influence and is really thoughtful and hyper aware of that power. One of my personal takeaways is that there is a lot of power in allowing yourself to be vulnerable.”

Fans often forget about the complex human being behind the pop star. Like everyone else, she's always growing, learning and changing...and looking for happiness and balance in this life. 

Miracle
34 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

“[You will see] a woman who’s an artist, creates all day, thinks all day, and also has the experiences [as] both an artist and a celebrity. Those two things collide for me, and you’ll see how they’re conflicted,” Gaga tells EW, additionally noting that she’s currently working on a new album. “I am 100 percent at my lowest common denominator. Nobody [is] explaining what I am or putting a label on me as a female artist in this film. That’s what this documentary is about.”

“Gaga was really supportive of the creative process and I felt like she wanted to give me the space as a filmmaker to make something that I believed in,” Moukarbel adds. “The one thing I said to her early on was that I would be her shadow and would shoot everything I saw, but that I wasn’t interested in [making] an exposé. I just wanted to be there as her life unfurled and create a portrait of her interior world.”

Some highlights from the interview:

-Filming began in June 2016, and mostly captured the creation of the Joanne era.

-Gaga’s planned documentary with Terry Richardson has no relation to this project.

-The film unfolds through the eyes of her close friends.

-We might see how the ‘ARTPOP’ era played a role in shaping Gaga’s approach to ‘Joanne

-Moukarbel shot in vérité style and didn’t conduct interviews with people close to Gaga.

-The film will explore Gaga’s legacy and evolution as an artist and as a person.

Read the full interview here

shook

yASSsss
Just now, yASSsss said:

GAGA: “[The film is not me taking control of my narrative] more than I have before. When I’ve chosen to wear big shoulder pads and avant-garde clothes back when it wasn’t sexy to do it in 2008, I was doing it because I refuse to let anyone around me tell me what is beautiful about a woman or how a woman should be sexy or how women in the music industry should sell their bodies to be sexy. I’ve always done that.”

MOUKARBEL: “I always got the feeling that part of her creativity comes from an internal struggle. She has an outsized amount of talent and ambition but also needs to have real human connections to be happy. Those needs can often be at odds because one is usually at the expense of the other. She’s definitely fighting for balance. I like to think of this film as a simple portrait of a truly complex person. She’s put herself in such a position of influence and is really thoughtful and hyper aware of that power. One of my personal takeaways is that there is a lot of power in allowing yourself to be vulnerable.”

Just now, Whispering said:

I love this part:

"I always got the feeling that part of her creativity comes from an internal struggle. She has an outsized amount of talent and ambition but also needs to have real human connections to be happy. Those needs can often be at odds because one is usually at the expense of the other. She’s definitely fighting for balance. I like to think of this film as a simple portrait of a truly complex person. She’s put herself in such a position of influence and is really thoughtful and hyper aware of that power. One of my personal takeaways is that there is a lot of power in allowing yourself to be vulnerable.”

Fans often forget about the complex human being behind the pop star. Like everyone else, she's always growing, learning and changing...and looking for happiness and balance in this life. 

we posted it at the same time,lol :sweat: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Lextyr97
Just now, Whispering said:

I love this part:

The quote honestly explains SO much in regards to Joanne as an album and era

Whispering
Just now, yASSsss said:

Lol, looks like we were both reading at the same time...and the same passage jumped out as significant to both of us! :) :hug:

Andy McQueen

So excited. :giveup: But I don't have money for a Netflix account currently, I hope someone will save/download it and upload it. :giveup:

Weasel

''Gaga: Five Foot Two will have its world premiere as part of the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival next Friday, Sept. 8''

Will we be able to see this? 

Archived