💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

"Lady Gaga can still fill a Stadium, even when radio turns it's back."

Bad Monster Kid

Featured Posts

Whispering
9 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

At the same time thought he Super Bowl is mainly the reason this tour is so successful. The radios turned their back during ARTPOP too and we all saw how that tour went...

Yeah, we did. It was in the top ten tours of the year. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delulu Rogers
5 minutes ago, Bae said:

Yes the artrave went amazing actually

umm weren't many of the shows like half full and they covered up seating areas with sheets? Also did't it do very poorly in Australia and everyone thinks that's the reason she is coming back? I went to the Artrave and I can verify that mine was nowhere near full. It might have done okay but I can imagine that the current tour would have done about the same, if not worse had it not been for her SB performance

Whispering
2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

umm weren't many of the shows like half full and they covered up seating areas with sheets? Also did't it do very poorly in Australia and everyone thinks that's the reason she is coming back? I went to the Artrave and I can verify that mine was nowhere near full. It might have done okay but I can imagine that the current tour would have done about the same, if not worse had it not been for her SB performance

No, many of the shows were not "half full". It didn't do great in Australia, but still did well in the majority of markets. (Even Australia wasn't "half full")

Where was your artRAVE? 

This tour still would have done better, at least in the US and a couple of other markets. Gaga has built up a great deal of respect and extended her base over the last two years. 

3 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Um no.... all of the shows were sold out except 1 or 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArtRave:_The_ARTPOP_Ball

scroll down to "shows" and you can see the attendance for each show.

Radio right now is trash, sorry to say. It feels like the window of opportunity for a song to become a hit is so specific and narrow. It must abide by what "pop" style is trending at the moment. For example, look at the Chainsmokers. They are unapologetically  abandoning any artistic integrity or experimentalism to cash in on whatever sound is "hip" and will be picked up by radio stations. And it works for them, that's nice. But frankly I'd rather Gaga stick to her soul, continue to innovate, and make music that is different. And it sounds like stadiums full of people across America like her that way too.

Bradley
6 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Legends are known for touring and not for current charts...MJ, Mariah, Madonna, Gaga, Britney, etc...

To be honest Britney Spears isn't touring internationally anymore.

TimisaMonster
11 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Yup...the fans come to her and every show is sold out for months in advance and she recently extended her residency playing 90% old hits...it just proves the point further

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Arturo

Airplay doesn't sell tickets. Gaga was a touring force by early 2010 when she only had had 5 Top 10 hits. Don't 'excuse me no' if I call out your fave right now, but artists like Ariana, The Chainsmokers, Alessia Cara, Shawn Mendes, and Charlie Puth have been collecting Top 10 after Top 10 based on pretty good single sales (which Gaga is fortunately still able to achieve, see Million Reasons stellar sales [1.04m] and The Cure's decent sales [400k]) AND massive airplay yet are weak touring artists. And unfortunately for them, they don't really push albums so touring is their biggest source of income and it's not very big. Signs all point to it not getting better for them. 

Now some people will fairly argue that artists being present on radio and streaming is more important than selling tickets and sure that keeps you on the map and in the GP's minds but Gaga is taking her radio flop ass all the way to the bank because she doesn't need them to sell out stadiums, play to max capacity at Coachella, sell out RiR etc.

drinkmytears
4 hours ago, ChrisC said:

At the same time thought he Super Bowl is mainly the reason this tour is so successful. The radios turned their back during ARTPOP too and we all saw how that tour went...

It soldout 

drinkmytears
19 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Britney just did a soldout tour of Asia and grossed like 20 million dollars with a handful of dates

Bradley
Just now, drinkmytears said:

Britney just did a soldout tour of Asia and grossed like 20 million dollars with a handful of dates

I was talking about a world tour surrounding a whole new album rather than just greatest hits.

Yes that's sort of an achievement as well but still 11 dates is pretty short, and that's not really a world tour either, more of an Asia tour.

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, Riley Benton said:

Um no.... all of the shows were sold out except 1 or 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArtRave:_The_ARTPOP_Ball

scroll down to "shows" and you can see the attendance for each show.

4 hours ago, ChrisC said:

think you're talking about the BTWB... 

Delulu Rogers
7 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

It soldout 

it sold out  based on the fact there were few tickets available for an arena that could hold a lot more

Archived