💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

"Lady Gaga can still fill a Stadium, even when radio turns it's back."

Bad Monster Kid

Featured Posts

Bad Monster Kid

Interesting read from The Boston Globe. 

"Do musicians need radio support — or even high-charting singles where they’re first-billed — to still be considered “pop stars”? This question is one of many that have swirled around the music industry’s current era of chaos, which is recalibrating notions of success as fast as it can. Gaga’s track record and indulgence in spectacle no matter what, as well as her ever-shifting definition of what “pop” can include and her ability to pack baseball stadiums for multiple-night runs, would seem to indicate that she’ll be just fine. Even if she does, one day, decide to release without fanfare an album full of songs originally recorded to four-track tape, with the cassettes’ hiss serving as her backing choir."

Full article: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2017/08/30/lady-gaga-can-still-fill-stadium-even-when-radio-turns-back/LL2uQJkb5BepB86S3qRNXK/amp.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Legends are known for touring and not for current charts...MJ, Mariah, Madonna, Gaga, Britney, etc...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Reality

It actually shows that people like her stuff, though. 

The true testament of whether or not people like and enjoy your music is through your tours. Yes, while not everyone may be able to attend or afford a ticket, it shows that people are willing to spend a lot of money and time in order to see someone they love.

🖤👹

That's actually a very healthy sign for her career. Radios and streaming services can manipulate what people listen to, mostly influenced by payola, record label deals and what sound is trendy at the moment; but you can't control which concert people decide to go.

brit4ever

There's a state in a pop stars career where they don't need hits to be relevant and to tour, it's called being a legend(MJ, Madonna, Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, etc.).

DeanWinchester

Gaga clearly doesnt need it right now but that doesnt mean she shouldnt have any. If she is to have even two top five hits that chart for at least a month each, it would definitely fast track her already-approaching legendary status.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 hour ago, Chrastapher said:

The praise :tony: but also the subtle shade :air:

What was the subtle shade? It sounded more like they wanted to give credence to their statement. Because their point is that she's breaking barriers of what is considered successful in pop by not being a massive hit-maker. That ain't shade, it's a basic fact that she hasn't made massive hits in awhile, but they're saying she's so great that she doesn't even need that. Nothing but praise!

bloody g

She will not have the same success again, that's obvious.

She doesn't need it either, nor did other legends before her.

As an example: Rihanna has #1 after #1 and we all saw her last tour... (I didn't mean to be shady)

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

14 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

What was the subtle shade? It sounded more like they wanted to give credence to their statement. Because their point is that she's breaking barriers of what is considered successful in pop by not being a massive hit-maker. That ain't shade, it's a basic fact that she hasn't made massive hits in awhile, but they're saying she's so great that she doesn't even need that. Nothing but praise!

I meant the OP title not the whole article itself  :bon:

Delulu Rogers

At the same time thought he Super Bowl is mainly the reason this tour is so successful. The radios turned their back during ARTPOP too and we all saw how that tour went...

You'll never see a current and temporarily on top of radio artist fill a stadium (maybe Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift but that's out of pure popularity at the moment, not something they'll do again I don't think).  Its the greats, the long lasting musicians that have made a mark on the music industry who fill the stadiums. 

I noticed that Green Day played Wrigley Field the day before Lady Gaga did and to be honest I haven't heard anything mainstream of theirs since about 2005, I had no idea they were still a band... but it goes to show the impact they have had on large groups of people. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

At the same time thought he Super Bowl is mainly the reason this tour is so successful. The radios turned their back during ARTPOP too and we all saw how that tour went...

Yes the artrave went amazing actually

Archived