💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Kurt Cobain's coat (Conspiracy theory / Mandela effect)

gag

Featured Posts

Okay this is my first 'discussion' kind of thread so bare with me if this is kinda boring and/or badly articulated. I'm not Miss PunkTheFunk. :selena:

Spoiler

Normally with these 'Mandela effect' types of theories I'm always super skeptical because a lot of it can easily be explained with simple misremembering due to cognitive biases ̣̣such as the bandwagon effect. But this one is so intriguing to me for whatever reason.

Also this thread shall flop but this is so interesting as it is! :giveup:

It started 4 days ago when a Reddit user wanted to look up an iconic photo of Kurt Cobain wearing a pink fur coat with white-rimmed sunglasses, only to find NOTHING of the sort - not even a pink feather boa, pink fur sweater or anything that has been suggested. Rather all the search comes up is a leopard coat that fans claim to have NEVER seen before.

This photo is from the only photoshoot that shows up when you search "Kurt Cobain + pink fur coat/pink coat/fur coat" etc. on Google.  As seen on the thread, people are GAGGED by how ridiculous that photo of the leopard coat looks, claiming they would have noticed leopard because it's not a 'Kurt' thing.

Next to it is what people claim the coat they remember look like: extremely fuzzy, almost feathery and pink toned.

b5200eb880ce7f41618971e1311bdc23.jpg Super-quality-Faux-Fur-jacket-Coat-4-inc

According to descriptions, they have an EXTREMELY vivid memory of it, some even claim they had posters of it and now, the posters has leopard coats.

"Massive Kurt fan for the last 20+ years. I do not ever recall him wearing animal print anything. This is weird..."

"What's weird is I remember the pink coat but I've never seen this shoot with the leopard before and I've seen tons of his photos before but this is apparently his most famous photo?"

"I can recall nearly perfectly the image you're talking about, but cannot find it anywhere. Short-ish sleeves, white sunglasses, a blue-ish guitar, washed out blond/white hair. Can picture it vividly."

"But I can't find that pink sweater pic in any searches either. It's just like the whole thing was just erased. Damn, and I remember this pink sweater so vividly bc after that photo came out, my gf at the time just had to cop one just like it. We went on many adventures to find one just like it, and finally found one (for less than $10, secondhand) - and it quickly became one of my favorite things for touching while very inebriated."

Redditors also found pictures (one from Urban Outfitters) CLEARLY emulating this photo they're thinking of:

de64d51f9dae18b5e966e2b61a0da17d.jpg p6zeg6W.jpg

Even crazier is that people remember that picture because it was Courtney Love's coat, but when searched, it shows Courtney wearing the same leopard coat. Now that's two people who supposedly used to wear pink fur coats.

courtney-love-nineties-slip-dress.jpg 379083e77877369d9cfd851f6cdc38c6--courtn

So what do y'all think? I half-remember Kurt Cobain's signature look being a pink coat with white sunglasses but I never really paid attention to Nirvana. 

Do you personally remember Kurt's pink coat, can y'all find anything on Google? Why did we change timelines into a universe where Kurt sports a leopard coat instead of a pink one?

Is it all a hoax? Are we crazy? Living our life through a lens, trapped in our white picket fence? 

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Seeka

I've neve seen the image in question, but I'm sur I've seen Courtney Love in a fuzzy pink coat before.

Sister

LOL when in doubt TWIN PEAKS :bye:

I seem to remember both coats, if I run across the one that you are looking for, I will consult you.

x

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Hauser

So weird, my memories of that picture are definitely of the pink fuzzy coat with white sunglasses not the animal print wtf 

I can't say anything about this coat because I don't remember anything about it but this Mandela effect rhing is such BS lol

4 minutes ago, Bio said:

I can't say anything about this coat because I don't remember anything about it but this Mandela effect rhing is such BS lol

Sure but it's always fun to speculate

.tumblr_inline_o4soxkimpi1reygjb_500.gif

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

MusicLover83

I do remember him in a leopard coat, not the pink fuzzy thing everyone remembers. Maybe you guys we're thinking of some other rock star? 

Seeka
1 minute ago, MusicLover83 said:

I do remember him in a leopard coat, not the pink fuzzy thing everyone remembers. Maybe you guys we're thinking of some other rock star? 

While there have been suggestions of Steve Weigal, there's another aspect that is important to the photo which singles it out.

A blue or blue/white Fender guitar.

I remember Courtney Love wearing the leopard coat from two years ago because someone said Hypodermic Sally's appearance from AHS hotel might have been inspired by that sort of look

sarahb

I actually love reading about all the 'Mandela effect' stuff because I thought it was super interesting how people could all remember the same thing when it was actually something else. I didn't actually realise that some people genuinely believe it's tied into alternate universes  :duck: 

That J

I swear on my LIFE I know the pink coat picture and remember it vividly!!!    This is odd.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived