Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Shape Of You Breaks Record For Most Weeks Spent In Top 10

JiU

Featured Posts

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

No one is saying streaming shouldn't count, people are complaining about how it is weighted against hard sales (a unit sale that the owner can listen to over and over). 

isn't 100 streams=1 sale? if so I doubt everyone who purchases a song streams it 100 times every week 

9 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Looking at chart trends over the last ten years streaming has led to more stagnant chart placement and longevity. Would Shape of You beat this record in a pre-streaming era? Would The Chainsmokers have been #1 for song in a pre-steaming era? It's debatable. 

as much as I despise the chainsmokers, the fact that streaming has led to more stagnant charts is logical. the bb100 is there to inform us about the most popular song in a given week. before, if a song was a big #1, and a popular artist dropped their song the next week, the new song would be #1 because it had the most sales naturally even if the previous songs was being played more and is more popular. nowadays even if big artists drop their songs they wont get #1 just because of their fans' sales. it sucks for us pop stans but it's logical as far as the bb100

32 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

The weight of streaming for Billboard charts makes success on such charts a less opportune possibility for new or up-and-coming artists

this is just inaccurate, the charts used to be full of main pop stars and popular artists but now more and more im seeing unknowns make it on the charts, like that lil uzi vert dude or xxxtentacion and a lot more. again dont like them at all but thats whats popular in the us

chaeri pls

30 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

isn't 100 streams=1 sale? if so I doubt everyone who purchases a song streams it 100 times every week 

as much as I despise the chainsmokers, the fact that streaming has led to more stagnant charts is logical. the bb100 is there to inform us about the most popular song in a given week. before, if a song was a big #1, and a popular artist dropped their song the next week, the new song would be #1 because it had the most sales naturally even if the previous songs was being played more and is more popular. nowadays even if big artists drop their songs they wont get #1 just because of their fans' sales. it sucks for us pop stans but it's logical as far as the bb100

this is just inaccurate, the charts used to be full of main pop stars and popular artists but now more and more im seeing unknowns make it on the charts, like that lil uzi vert dude or xxxtentacion and a lot more. again dont like them at all but thats whats popular in the us

Couldn't agree more with this. Ed is popular... and y'all have to accept it either you like him or not. I personally don't like him but that's what the GP is here for.

there is like autoplay and stuff so it is easy for the corporation to boost someone as if they couldn't already before with the media but now even more. artist of the year. what a joke. puppet of the year more like it. it is so obvious shape of you is selling alcohol. it is just money.

Ed-Sheeran-Shape-Of-You-Video-400x400.jp

"Mr Mee’s story was about when Ed came over for tea and his mother gave them both sausage and mash to eat, not realising the young singer was at the time a vegetarian. In typically polite fashion, Ed was said to have eaten the meal without complaint and told his friend’s mother they were the best sausages he had ever eaten.

“It was the first time I ever had meat,” said Ed."

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ed-sheeran-reunited-with-his-best-mate-from-brandeston-hall-on-graham-norton-show-1-4858342

BS bS Bs

"I used to be a vegetarian, from the age of like zero to ten. Then my grandmother “accidentally” gave me a bacon sandwich. I was like ‘oh this is amazing!’ and she said ‘Yeah it’s bacon’ so I said ‘Oh! Is it? Cool.’ And ever since then I’ve eaten meat. My brother’s still a vegetarian though."

http://articles.courant.com/2013-07-26/entertainment/hc-ed-sheeran-talks-tour-music-popularity-and-fast-food-before-his-first-ct-appearance-20130726_1_tour-taylor-swift-atlantic-records/3

BS  BS BS BS BFS

ed-sheeran.jpg?w=450

Archived