Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
lgbt

Parents & students petition to take down Pride flag in classroom

Featured Posts

M Monstre   Paws Up 18,662
M Monstre

I'd have a problem with it if they didn't take down other teachers' and administrators' stuff. 

Like, knowing where the state and area where it's coming from, there's definitely going to be an inherent bias, and that's not fair, but if they took down other teachers' and administrators' flags, symbols, whatever, then I personally don't have a huge problem. This goes for something as radical as the Confederate flag, to something as simple as a cross. If they truly want the school to be as "political neutral" as possible, then you need to get rid of everything, not just a few things.

I agree, though, with people saying that everything shouldn't be seen as a "political ideology," but the sad reality is, is that that's how it works. Something as fundamental as human rights (whether it be for people of color, people of different sexualities and gender identities, etc.) is seen as something political and until that changes, people will make a fuss over everything.

• Like 1
💗💛💚💙💜

kvnrp   Paws Up 20,773
kvnrp
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Everything is political now. For **** sake ENVIRONMENTAL policy is now "liberal" and the other side completely chooses to neglect it. 

This is the danger of politicizing issues that should concern everyone and not just a political segment of the population. 

But still, the rainbow flag is just as much a political symbol as is the US flag.

Every school and now university I've been to didn't even pull up the German or state flag, the only exceptions were official events.
Most of the time the masts were empty.
Even religious symbols are not allowed to hang around, there is a big debate going on if the Hijab is allowed for teachers (right now they are).
As far as I remember, this is even by law, but varies from state to state and a school can make exceptions.

The goal is to allow the child to grow up as neutral as possible and let himself choose the political view he wants.

So in this case, I am all for it to not let the teacher to put up the rainbow flag.
But then they have to remove all similar stuff as well.

• Like 1
VOTE: RuPaul / Born Naked Megarate

Michelle   Paws Up 1,721
Michelle

I saw Auburn and was thinking oh hell **** no because ...

I live in Auburn California and I was about to go protest the **** out of it hahaha 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

JoanneMonster   Paws Up 4,584
JoanneMonster
19 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

But I'm sure they're ok with a confederate flag

einchladen.gif

If belen says so It must be true

I See You

Alexander Levi   Paws Up 3,106
Alexander Levi
31 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Because it's a political symbol after all.

The same would be true if, lets say, a cross would hang on every wall.

A school/university really should be politically and religiously as neutral as possible.

I can see your point, however, LGBT rights/equality should not solely be associated with politics.

At least that's what I think 🤷🏼‍♀️

MetalliGa   Paws Up 5,952
MetalliGa

What is Alabama? :oprah:

ARTPOP Act II: Pop Art ft Azealia Banks 2017

AmericanGUY   Paws Up 2,202
AmericanGUY

my state is such a hot mess :selena:

A Summer Moon Comes Into Full Phase

SychosSoChic   Paws Up 8,566
SychosSoChic

I mean you'd think that if the students had a problem with the gay flag they'd ask for the gay teacher to get fired.

But that would be too obvious, and the parents would get attacked for being what we all already know they are.

But they ain't slick.

tumblr_ov3i7zWTAa1u6n38po1_250.gif

Edited by SychosSoChic
Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

BlaqJezus   Paws Up 827
BlaqJezus
1 hour ago, kvnrp said:

Because it's a political symbol after all.

The same would be true if, lets say, a cross would hang on every wall.

A school/university really should be politically and religiously as neutral as possible.

So being born gay is a choice, like Christianity? And so it goes with "political views"...yeah, okay...

Places of learning aren't meant to be neutral. One cannot learn and understand who they are if not faced by adversity and change. Learning is having the whole range of choices shown to you, and choosing, making mistakes, choosing again, and finding a path to yourself and the good and right of the world. School is just the gateway to further learning on the side of the individual, don't get it twisted and think it is supposed to be perfect white rooms and single books we all read from.

• Like 3

ItsTommyBitch   Paws Up 8,145
ItsTommyBitch

Yeah, its important for LGBT youth to have symbols that let them know that their teachers are accepting or tolerant, as they can feel afraid to speak out or may have no one in their lives to turn to without it. Lots of gay youth live in environments still (esp. in the South) where they may be the only or one of the only outwardly gay students and might be bullied, attacked, abused, and harassed for it with little to no intervention from staff/administration :madge: 

Homophobes being uncomfortable is not the concern, they are the vast majority, and being LGBT is objectively not an arbitrary "life decision" or whatever, it just is what it is and should not be politicized. Believing in equal treatment and respect for all people should not be a liberal political decision, it should be the default. Conservatives should be reminded of that when they try to make excuses for bigotry. They simple don't think all people should be equal. Who's a real American now? :gum: 

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
  • Like 1
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Selenenite   Paws Up 183
Selenenite

Stuff like this just makes me glad I did all of my high school education at home and went on to a super diverse college. 

"The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble not far behind"/// Gaga @ Fenway 9/2

Gardevoir   Paws Up 5,044
Gardevoir
55 minutes ago, MetalliGa said:

What is Alabama? :oprah:

A state in the US

....And none for Gretchen Weiners. Bye

PeterPan   Paws Up 7,702
PeterPan

I mean its just a flag. I agree with @kvnrp with no political statements being allowed. It makes sense and makes things easy.

• Like 1

Popo   Paws Up 2,805
Popo
6 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

The question is, how does keeping the flag up affect them? :awkney: 

exposure to rainbows turns people gay, didn't you know?!

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
7 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

The question is, how does keeping the flag up affect them? :awkney: 

That's like saying how does keeping the nazi flag around affect german people.

• excuse me no 1