Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
Sign in to follow this  
society

Finland knife attacker targeted women

Featured Posts

Melech   Paws Up 6,459
Melech

An 18-year-old Moroccan man suspected of carrying out Friday’s deadly knife attack in Finland appeared to have targeted women as his victims, police have said.

Officers are treating the attack in Turku, in which two people were killed and eight injured, as a terrorist act.

The two people killed were Finnish, while a British man, two Swedes and one Italian were among those injured.

Four of the wounded were still being treated in hospital – three in intensive care – while the rest of those injured were expected to be discharged on Saturday.

The Briton is believed to have sustained minor injuries. A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said: “Our staff have offered support to a British man following an incident in Finland.” 

The suspect arrived in Finland in 2016 and had been “part of the asylum process”, police said.

Officers arrested five people – four of whom were Moroccan – in a Turku apartment on Friday night as part of their investigation.

“There was a raid and we have now six suspects in custody, the main suspect and five others,” said Det Supt Markus Laine of the national bureau of investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/19/finland-police-believe-turku-knife-attack-was-terrorism

Edited by Melech

August Blue   Paws Up 7,333
August Blue
10 minutes ago, Melech said:

Officers arrested five people – four of whom were Moroccan – in a Turku apartment on Friday night as part of their investigation.

“There was a raid and we have now six suspects in custody ,” said Det Supt Markus Laine of the national bureau of investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/19/finland-police-believe-turku-knife-attack-was-terrorism

And the other/ithers? Where are they from? 

Not that it matters, but they mention that some of them are moroccans but not the others...

lego   Paws Up 37,462
lego

Women*

Men who were wounded were the ones who chased him and/or tried to help the victims.

He also lied that he's Palestinian, but Moroccans living in Finland can locate his accent, he's from Casablanca. 

• Like 2
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

lego   Paws Up 37,462
lego
4 minutes ago, August Blue said:

And the other/ithers? Where are they from? 

Not that it matters, but they mention that some of them are moroccans but not the others...

I think Guardian made mistake, all are Moroccans, 5 arrested including the stabber, still searching for 6th person, from what I've been reading...

He was in Germany illegally, then he asked for asylum in Finland last year. He did some crimes in Germany and one of his friends is sex offender in Finland.

He got rejected, but the process is slow and he complained to higher court. 

• Like 3
No I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you✨ And I never dreamed That I'd lose somebody like you, No

Melech   Paws Up 6,459
Melech
36 minutes ago, lego said:

Women*

Arrest me :neyde:

• Like 1

lego   Paws Up 37,462
lego
42 minutes ago, Melech said:

Arrest me :neyde:

You still didn't fix it, so I probably should. 

giphy.gif

:derpga:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1