Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What dos Extra mean?

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

Luxe Ford
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Nah, I think she hates Eau de Gaga but not this one very much. After all, she really doesn't have room to complain as they bent over backward to give her everything she wanted for this perfume. Like OP said, this is one of the most iconic perfume launches ever. It was *so* grand and unique. Hell, even the perfume and packaging itself was unique. I get where she could be upset with Eau de Gaga, but while maybe she wasn't 100% for making a perfume, they went above and beyond to give her one she would want any and clearly let her have a massive amount of control over the marketing of it. I mean, this all looked like it was expensive as s***.

I honestly don't think she had *that* much control over the actual fragrance. Not even Karl Lagerfeld was allowed to release a perfume smelling of baked bread for his own brand.

Coty is a huge company and they have to make money so they, like LVMH, L'Oreal etc, lets every perfume go through multiple focus groups and tweakings until enough people like it and as few people as possible don't. So I don't think Gaga had the final say. That's just not how the how the industry work, sadly.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Ziggy
16 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

I honestly don't think she had *that* much control over the actual fragrance. Not even Karl Lagerfeld was allowed to release a perfume smelling of baked bread for his own brand.

Coty is a huge company and they have to make money so they, like LVMH, L'Oreal etc, lets every perfume go through multiple focus groups and tweakings until enough people like it and as few people as possible don't. So I don't think Gaga had the final say. That's just not how the how the industry work, sadly.

Maybe not the smell which wasn't so incredibly different, but the black appearance and bottle shape, for sure. Those are both *so* Gaga and take some considerable effort to design. I doubt Coty would invest that much if they didn't have to, ya know?

cacaca

Totally agree. KP and Ariana have both announced perfumes this week and I doubt anyone knows. Gaga's was iconic.

Archived