Jump to content
Lady Gaga - FAME
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
opinion

If the ARTPOP era wasn't delayed...

Featured Posts

Drin Lon   Paws Up 5,264
Drin Lon

...it would have slayed your faves YAS GAWD TONGUE POP DEATH DROP :bon:

:poot:

A radio/single edit of Aura with the instrumentals of the chorus in the beginning, as the lead single, would have shook the industry. Bad Romance 2.0 without having to be a Bad Romance copy (cough Judas cough). Commercially it would have most likely peaked at #2 or even #1 if it had a huge first week buzz. Remember, it was the time Harlem Shake was at #1, EDM was popular and Aura's chorus is the best in the album :diane:

The second single should have been G.U.Y and since back then Zedd was popular they should have promoted it as G.U.Y (feat. Zedd) :lolly: kind of like Break Free of Ariana. It would have slayed clubs, radio and streaming tbh. Def. would have gone top5.

The album sales would have also been better cause....duh, no Katy drama, no ARTPOP is outdated, no Gaga is a flop. Probably 500k its first week SPS :lolly:

Then after the first 2 singles being hard edm, Gypsy could have been the third one and it would have slayed cause it's as radio friendly as it gets. Top3 or top5 smash in the bag.

The 4th single, DWUW (feat. Xtina), could have been a Fall-Winter RnB smash since by the end of 2013 EDM was starting to fade.

Then in the begging of 2014 they should have released MANiCURE since every GP member and Billboard love it and quite frankly it is one of the most pop songs in the album. Would have probably slayed radio, a top10 hit easily imo  :queenga:

And last but not least, to promote the tour, the last single should have been Applause. It would have ended the era perfectly and it would have also been a hit, kind of like Paparazzi was a hit even tho it was the last single of TF :stalkga:

This thread is just to show that ARTPOP would have slayed 2013-2014 and it flopped for our sins :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Edited by Drin Lon
  • Like 15
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWitness   Paws Up 1,375
TheWitness

Yeah if she had hadnt released Applause the same week as Roar she may of done better

  • Like 1
#bringbackexcusemeno

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drin Lon   Paws Up 5,264
Drin Lon
1 minute ago, TheWitness said:

Yeah if she had hadnt released Applause the same week as Roar she may of done better

Yeah obvi but by "delayed" I meant that the era was supposed to begin early 2013 but Gaga broke her hip and it was delayed :madge:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dancewithnobody   Paws Up 1,659
dancewithnobody

You have to stop. Aura could destroy her career forever. 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterOfSpain   Paws Up 5,192
MonsterOfSpain
1 minute ago, dancewithnobody said:

You have to stop. Aura could destroy her career forever. 

:awkney: Most searched song ever on Google says otherwise. I agree Applause was a great lead single but Aura would've slayed too.

  • Like 10

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterAnton   Paws Up 236
MonsterAnton

It's the same question I have about the 2016 Grammys. What was she supposed to sing before Bowie passed?

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterOfSpain   Paws Up 5,192
MonsterOfSpain
Just now, MonsterAnton said:

It's the same question I have about the 2016 Grammys. What was she supposed to sing before Bowie passed?

tHE ORIGINAL LG5 SMASH PRODUCED BY REDONE :giveup:

Spoiler

my poor wig wishes :neyde:

 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drin Lon   Paws Up 5,264
Drin Lon
Just now, dancewithnobody said:

You have to stop. Aura could destroy her career forever. 

:neyde:

Call me delulu that I believe Gaga's most radio friendly chorus since Paparazzi followed by an amazing beat drop would have been a great single.

ARTPOP was hyped as an experimental album, and Aura represents that the best. I mean, people wanted Venus to be a single where she literally screams "DON'T YOU KNOW MY A*S IS FAMOUS"

And btw Aura isn't even that experimental. That quiet type of chorus was really popular in late 2012 so there's that :lana:

 

  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drin Lon   Paws Up 5,264
Drin Lon
Just now, MonsterOfSpain said:

tHE ORIGINAL LG5 SMASH PRODUCED BY REDONE :giveup:

  Reveal hidden contents

my poor wig wishes :neyde:

 

:giveup:

Our poor hips 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FfFfFfFF   Paws Up 2,326
FfFfFfFF
21 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

...it would have slayed your faves YAS GAWD TONGUE POP DEATH DROP :bon:

:poot:

A radio/single edit of Aura with the instrumentals of the chorus in the beginning, as the lead single, would have shook the industry. Bad Romance 2.0 without having to be a Bad Romance copy (cough Judas cough). Commercially it would have most likely peaked at #2 or even #1 if it had a huge first week buzz. Remember, it was the time Harlem Shake was at #1, EDM was popular and Aura's chorus is the best in the album :diane:

The second single should have been G.U.Y and since back then Zedd was popular they should have promoted it as G.U.Y (feat. Zedd) :lolly: kind of like Break Free of Ariana. It would have slayed clubs, radio and streaming tbh. Def. would have gone top5.

The album sales would have also been better cause....duh, no Katy drama, no ARTPOP is outdated, no Gaga is a flop. Probably 500k its first week SPS :lolly:

Then after the first 2 singles being hard edm, Gypsy could have been the third one and it would have slayed cause it's as radio friendly as it gets. Top3 or top5 smash in the bag.

The 4th single, DWUW (feat. Xtina), could have been a Fall-Winter RnB smash since by the end of 2013 EDM was starting to fade.

Then in the begging of 2014 they should have released MANiCURE since every GP member and Billboard love it and quite frankly it is one of the most pop songs in the album. Would have probably slayed radio, a top10 hit easily imo  :queenga:

And last but not least, to promote the tour, the last single should have been Applause. It would eded the era perfectly and it would have also been a hit, kind of like Paparazzi was a hit even tho it the last single of TF :stalkga:

This thread is just to show that ARTPOP would have slayed 2013-2014 and it flopped for our sins :giveup::giveup::giveup:

21013503_1386637708122738_1270911462_n.g

  • Like 2
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joshie S   Paws Up 1,095
Joshie S

Oh my... Icould literally go on and on about the ARTPOP era... for literally days...and days... it's funny, because even though it was only 3-4 years ago we all lived through this... we are gonna look back in like 50 years after all of Gaga's success in the future, and just think "damn...we really lived through the ARTPOP era" .. I mean, as I said, it's been only 3 years and people are ALREADY starting (FINALLY) to appreciate the era for what it was and what was intended, imagine what we will feel like in another 50 years... :) 

  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
The melody that you choose can rescue you

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley   Paws Up 36,192
ryanripley
27 minutes ago, MonsterAnton said:

It's the same question I have about the 2016 Grammys. What was she supposed to sing before Bowie passed?

i'm pretty sure it was a medley of hits

Ÿ͎̰̦͎͕́̇ͥ͐O̟̾Ŭ̯̤̫͙͎́̾ͦ͆̐'̧̜̇L̥̻͔̥͇̊̕L̩͂͂ ̝͉̰̭F̰̱̣͓̩̦͈͐ͩͥ͑̐̚͘Ḽ̳̻̑O̲̮͍̳̎ͮ̉̓̀̔͊A̗̞̒̀̌̚̚Ţ̰ͣ ̭̠̱̌͊ͥ̄T͚̜̱̪͍ͣ̅ͤ̈̚O̰̳͎̘͔̼̥ͨ͗ͤ͋̀̃O̒ͮ͊ͬͦ̄͆͡

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dancewithnobody   Paws Up 1,659
dancewithnobody
17 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

:neyde:

Call me delulu that I believe Gaga's most radio friendly chorus since Paparazzi followed by an amazing beat drop would have been a great single.

ARTPOP was hyped as an experimental album, and Aura represents that the best. I mean, people wanted Venus to be a single where she literally screams "DON'T YOU KNOW MY A*S IS FAMOUS"

And btw Aura isn't even that experimental. That quiet type of chorus was really popular in late 2012 so there's that :lana:

 

 

17 hours ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

:awkney: Most searched song ever on Google says otherwise. I agree Applause was a great lead single but Aura would've slayed too.

Have you ever read Aura lyrics? The song about sex, murder and burqa is NOT radio-friendly. For example, Gaga even recorded clean version of PI for the radio because only one word.  
And if there was a terrorist attack with woman in burqa, media would destroy Gaga for this song. Didn't you ever think about it? 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kosh Tuansi   Paws Up 434
Kosh Tuansi

The whole Burqa/appropriating muslim woman culture controversy that would sorround Aura tho:neyde: 

(or... may have been one of those ControversialGa moments that would HYYYYPE EVERYTHING and rocket her up to the top and stay there for like the longest time possible:queenga:)

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×