Joanne World Tour
ūüéł ūüé§ ūü§ė JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW ūü§ė ūüé§ ūüéł
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump Sending 4,000 More Troops To Afghanistan, Senior Official Says

Featured Posts

¬†Gaga Monster   Paws Up 12,592
Gaga Monster

President Trump has signed off on sending an additional 4,000 troops to Afghanistan, ahead of his address to the nation Monday night, Fox News has learned.

Trump is set to unveil his strategy for Afghanistan, becoming the third commander-in-chief to attempt to stabilize the war-torn country and forge a victory in what is now America’s longest war. An estimated 8,400 U.S. troops are currently in Afghanistan.

A big part of tonigh't speech will include "asking the region to do more," specifically asking India and Pakistan to do more to bring the Taliban to the negotiating table, a senior U.S. official told Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/21/trump-approves-sending-4000-more-troops-to-afghanistan-senior-official-says.html

GGD Presidential Elections

Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,986
Born To Slay

We're gonna be at war forever. ****. 

xoxoDerpanne   Paws Up 21,487
xoxoDerpanne

for what? :duck: for what?  Afghanistan seems a lost cause at this point, no American meddling is gonna improve the situation at this point.  

Edited by xoxoDerpanne

¬†Gaga Monster   Paws Up 12,592
Gaga Monster
2 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

We're gonna be at war forever. ****. 

Unfortunately, it has been 16 years and we are still at war in Afghanistan.

We are backed into a corner, if we pull out, we risk what happened in Iraq when Obama pulled all forces out and ISIS came in. If we stay, we are continuing to spend billions in other countries, losing American lives, and having more veterans come home without proper medical & mental health care or benefits. 

It is truly a tough situation with so many consequences for every decision we make. We had so many troops there in 2010 and in previous years and the war didn't end, so I don't think adding a few thousand troops will help us win the war. I just don't think this war is winnable and war is just such a terrible thing for soldiers to experience. Maybe using drones, bombs, and other non human fighting methods instead of Americans would be a better decision.

We are one of the only major industrialized nations without universal healthcare, tuition free college, and affordable child care, and we have a crumbling infrastructure. We have to start investing in ourselves and not in other nations with limited and risky solutions that may fail.

GGD Presidential Elections

HOMODRAKE   Paws Up 4,381
HOMODRAKE

I... why tho? 

Previously Gummy Bear, then NOT Marinara ūüĎÄ

Born To Slay   Paws Up 8,986
Born To Slay
Just now, Gaga Monster said:

Unfortunately, it has been 16 years and we are still at war in Afghanistan.

We are backed into a corner, if we pull out, we risk what happened in Iraq when Obama pulled all forces out and ISIS came in. If we stay, we are continuing to spend billions in other countries, losing American lives, and having more veterans come home without proper medical & mental health care or benefits. 

It is truly a tough situation with so many consequences for every decision we make. We had so many troops there in 2010 and in previous years and the war didn't end, so I don't think adding a few thousand troops will help us win the war. I just don't think this war is winnable and war is just such a terrible thing for soldiers to experience. Maybe using drones, bombs, and other non human fighting methods instead of Americans would be a better decision.

We are one of the only major industrialized nations without universal healthcare, tuition free college, and affordable child care, and we have a crumbling infrastructure. We have to start investing in ourselves and not in other nations with limited and risky solutions that may fail.

I'm willing to take the chance of another ISIS forming. It's not like Isis has done much to America anyway. Seriously how many Americans have died from ISIS?  Not many. And leaving the area and stopping the constant bombings in the Middle East should bring down resentment for America in the area. 

If Europe has such a problem with Isis, they can do go to war in the Middle East and so something about it. 

gabeoz   Paws Up 2,698
gabeoz
10 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I'm willing to take the chance of another ISIS forming. It's not like Isis has done much to America anyway. Seriously how many Americans have died from ISIS?  Not many. And leaving the area and stopping the constant bombings in the Middle East should bring down resentment for America in the area. 

If Europe has such a problem with Isis, they can do go to war in the Middle East and so something about it. 

IM willing to take the chance of another ISIS because of this: We can go into the ME and throw over regimes and attempt to institute democratic governments, but it wont work. I don't think people realize that the only way for the ME to stabilize is to allow it to do it itself. Continued intervention won't work. The only way for the ME to stabilize and catch up with the world is to let them fight it out and decide their own fate, continuing to try to draw our own version is making things worse.

Edited by gabeoz
  • Like 1

Adakam   Paws Up 1,972
Adakam

I dont know, i dont think that theres an easy safe solution anyway, yes id like to dream of a scenario where both sides just decide to stop and remain at peace forever, but we all know thats just not gonna happen, we might be a smart species compared to others, but were still idiots

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian

Trump is an idiot. 

Goodbye America. That last election screwed ya'll over because they were BOTH TERRIBLE candidates that would doom your country.