Joanne World Tour
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
society

University of Texas to remove Confederate statues

Featured Posts

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
Just now, Whispering said:

Welp, now we all can see why you are defending these people. 

I don't understand. Must be a left thing. 

TheKillerQueen   Paws Up 1,967
TheKillerQueen

Good grief... I can't believe people are getting offended over a statue. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
1 minute ago, heda97 said:

Not a single person here is assuming that all southerners are white supremacists. You came up with that assumption all on your own to feed your own misled narrative about left wing people. What we are taking about is actual white supremacists who came from all across the country. 

Okay, but what's your point?

Whispering   Paws Up 14,562
Whispering
Just now, FABian said:

I don't understand. Must be a left thing. 

Mmmhmm:awkney: 

heda97   Paws Up 1,320
heda97
2 minutes ago, FABian said:

I'm not defending 'these people'.

I just don't have a 'them' vs 'us' mentality. 

So what, you want us to sympathize with actual Neo-nazis and white supremacists? 

Im á Katycat on Fridays #tgif

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
Just now, TheKillerQueen said:

Good grief... I can't believe people are getting offended over a statue. 

I am so offended my blood has boiled over. 

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
Just now, heda97 said:

So what, you want us to sympathize with actual Neo-nazis and white supremacists? 

Nope. 

heda97   Paws Up 1,320
heda97
Just now, FABian said:

Okay, but what's your point?

That these statues are a symbol of racists and supremacists, and thus they are being removed. Good bye. 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
Im á Katycat on Fridays #tgif

Gardevoir   Paws Up 9,638
Gardevoir
3 minutes ago, FABian said:

But you have no proof of that. That is all just an assumption. You are using PAULA DEEN as proof that EVERY southern person is a white supermacist?

Dead.

I was stating how there a still racists tensions and how there are still people who wish to adhere to antebellum Southern tradition such as popular figures like Paula Deen plus you really need to add your receipts if you keep attacking mine :madge: even if your try to paint yourself neutral you use a lot of Trump-isms. 

• Like 1
Queen of Naboo, Senator to the Republic, Mother of twins, Married to a hot mess hunk.

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
Just now, heda97 said:

That these statues are a symbol of racists and supremacists, and thus they are being removed. Good bye. 

There is no proof that the intention for erecting these statues was for the stated purpose. Until you present to me valid evidence that the statues were erected with malicious intent, I will believe that the statues were erected for the purpose of preserving historical and pivotal moments for the future generations.

Bye.

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
1 minute ago, Gardevoir said:

I was stating how there a still racists tensions and how there are still people who wish to adhere to antebellum Southern tradition such as popular figures like Paula Deen plus you really need to add your receipts if you keep attacking mine :madge: even if your try to paint yourself neutral you use a lot of Trump-isms. 

No, but I agree with that, so what's the problem.

Edonis   Paws Up 14,246
Edonis

That guy is so deluded :madge:

OT: It's about damn time. Historians have had this discussion for years. The statues should've never been erected; and furthermore should've been taken down after the civil rights era. This is long overdue and honestly, the only people upset are either deluded individuals who were lied to about the history of the United States and the civil war OR racist bigots. It's absolutely tragic that this is even still debated on. :madge:

Edited by Edonis
  • Like 2

FABian   Paws Up 109
FABian
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

That little twink is so deluded :madge:

OT: It's about damn time. Historians have had this discussion for years. The statues should've never been erected; and furthermore should've been taken down after the civil rights era. This is long overdue and honestly, the only people upset are either deluded individuals who were lied to about the history of the United States and the civil war OR racist bigots. It's absolutely tragic that this is even still debated on. :madge:

thread :classy:

Edited by FABian

Edonis   Paws Up 14,246
Edonis
1 minute ago, FABian said:

There is no proof that the intention for erecting these statues was for the stated purpose. Until you present to me valid evidence that the statues were erected with malicious intent, I will believe that the statues were erected for the purpose of preserving historical and pivotal moments for the future generations.

Bye.

You don't believe university scholars who are  experts in the field? How the hell does one find actual proof of you won't even listen to people who dedicate their entire lives to history? :oprah:

This is giving me "I don't believe in global warming despite the support that >90% of the scientific community has for it" 

Yikes :madge:

• Like 2