💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Will The Fame (Monster) be the 10th album to sell 20M copies this century?

LateToCult

Featured Posts

SlayGagaloo
12 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

TF/M sales always confused me whether they should be counted together or not

It's a mess :selena:

In UK for example, they charted as one (that's why TF sales are 3 million copies there), but in the US they charted separately TF peaking at #2 and TFM peak was #5 

Over.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, SlayGagaloo said:

It's a mess :selena:

In UK for example, they charted as one (that's why TF sales are 3 million copies there), but in the US they charted separately TF peaking at #2 and TFM peak was #5 

I think we should count them together because it was a re-release :duck: but idk 

ENVYotb73

I seriously don't understand what so special about Taylor Swift, but that's just me I guess. All her songs sound the same to me and...idk.

I just don't get it.:huh:

FRANZGA
5 hours ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

Taylor could with Fearless. But Katy will never be.

She's a single artist (but not anymore :classy: )

Fearless is local.. sold like 6-7M in US and 8M WW.. 

Phoebe Buffay
4 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Every single album from Taylor is local, except 1989.

re di tutto
2 minutes ago, monster987 said:

Every single album from Taylor is local, except 1989.

Red wasn't local by any means. 4xPlatinum in Australia, Platinum in the UK, 2xPlatinum in New Zealand, 2xPlatinum in China, Gold in Germany, Platinum in Japan, 4xPlatinum in the US, 4xPlatinum in Canada, Platinum in Ireland, Gold in Mexico, Gold in Sweden, Gold in Poland, Gold in Brazil, Gold in Venezuela. How is it local?

Same with Fearless and Speak Now. Fearless is 7xPlatinum in Australia, Platinum in the UK, 3xPlatinum in New Zealand, Gold in Japan, Gold in Austria, Gold in Norway, Gold in Russia, 4xPlatinum in Canada. How is it local again? Do you want me to go on with multiple certifications worldwide for Speak Now? The only local album was Taylor Swift aka her debut.

ENVYotb73

I'm not sure how relevant these numbers are in todays world. With all the different ways music is now distributed and accessed the metric only tells part of the story now, just like television ratings. They are obsolete as a be all end all measuring stick.

re di tutto
16 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Fearless sold 2 million copies outside the US. How is 2 million copies sold in 9 countries local?

ENVYotb73
3 minutes ago, bleed dior said:

Red wasn't local by any means. 4xPlatinum in Australia, Platinum in the UK, 2xPlatinum in New Zealand, 2xPlatinum in China, Gold in Germany, Platinum in Japan, 4xPlatinum in the US, 4xPlatinum in Canada, Platinum in Ireland, Gold in Mexico, Gold in Sweden, Gold in Poland, Gold in Brazil, Gold in Venezuela. How is it local?

Same with Fearless and Speak Now. Fearless is 7xPlatinum in Australia, Platinum in the UK, 3xPlatinum in New Zealand, Gold in Japan, Gold in Austria, Gold in Norway, Gold in Russia, 4xPlatinum in Canada. How is it local again? Do you want me to go on with multiple certifications worldwide for Speak Now? The only local album was Taylor Swift aka her debut.

She could be intergalactic for all I care, I still don't see what the big deal is about her.:golfclap:

Phoebe Buffay
31 minutes ago, bleed dior said:

Speak Now has sold over 5 million copies worldwide. 4,480,000 of those 5m are sold in the US only. Fearless too. 10mil ww, 7,080,000 are in the US only. Soo...

FRANZGA
1 hour ago, bleed dior said:

Fearless sold 2 million copies outside the US. How is 2 million copies sold in 9 countries local?

it's local considering how BIG it performed in the US.. 75% of its sales is from US.. that's too local.. but really BIG

Archived