Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Project Runway Season 16

tomsches

Featured Posts

littlepotter
On 11/11/2017 at 2:09 PM, tomsches said:

By the way, the have announced the contestants of Project Runway All Stars Season 6, which is going to air in January

This season is compete rookies all stars vs veterans all stars

rookies all stars

kelly, candice, edmond, merline (s14)

amanda ,char (s13)

yassSSSS im so here for these!! kelly is fun, amanda was a highlight from s13, char can choke bc she sent korina home, i domt care for edmond, merline is ****ing hilarious and i was SO sad when candice didn't show all her gaga looks an nyfw bc tim said they're cliché. i hope she brings the drama

chaeri pls

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

OH. MY. ****ING. GOOOOOD. 

I'm so emotional right now. This was all so unexpected. I think this was one of the best final runway shows in PR history! There were 3 collections I ABSOLUTELY loved. I don't care about Ayana's collection, she really disappointed.

Let me break it down:

Margarita: What an amazing collection. I would have never expected her to turn it around like that. Some people might call it tacky, but I really loved the entire collection. It was such a surprise from her and even though it was so loud, she still was able to BRING it! I think in the end, it should have been between her and Kentaro, but taking into consideration her overall body of work, she did not deserve to win.

Kentaro: What a surprise!! I would have never thought he could surprise me that way! I LOVED the collection. Every piece was so exciting! Every outfit was something new and unique. He really showed what a great innovative designer he is and I am glad he got the chance to show. He had some low scores throughout the season, but the final runway show really knocked it out for him! 

Brandon: It's not a secret that I have been a huge Brandon fan this entire season, so I am sad and disappointed that he didn't win, because he really deserved it. But I agree with the judges, there was something missing in his collection that failed to excite me as much as Kentaro's or Margarita's collections did for example. Maybe it was because we've seen his style too many times before or maybe it was because there were too many outfits that were too similar and too oversized... but concerning the show effect, I responded much more positive to Margarita's and Kentaro's collections. I still believe in him and I love his style. I was very emotional when he lost and cried.... I hope he will return for one of the all stars seasons.

Ayana: I did not like this collection at all. I mean I thought it was great that she chose to create a collection that was aimed at muslim women and I agree with Heidi, the head pieces looked gorgeous. But just as Heidi said, the first 3 looks were boring, drab and looked like pyjamas. And so the beginning of the collection did not excite me to care about the rest of it, I mean it got better towards the end, but I was missing colours and the prints and colour pallet she showed was just boring to me. For a second I thought she was gonna win, you know for the headlines "Muslim desinger wins PR". It would have been great publicity for the show. But in the end I am glad she did not win, because that collection did not deserve it in my opinion.

Overall, I thought it was a great season. There were so many talented designers and I liked the addition of models of all sizes. In general, the challenges were nice, but not as exciting as other challenges from other seasons. Season 13 still remains the best one for me. And I am going to keep being obsessed by this show even though I don't know anything about fashion, but I just love to see so much creativity on this show.

By the way, Project Runway All Stars Season 6 starts in January. I am probably going to make another thread about it once it starts, so stay tuned!

Y'all know I was rooting for my girl Ayana, but Kentaro had the best collection hands down. :giveup:

I'm just glad Ayana got the second place and not Brandon. I was honestly SHOCKED when Heidi said that Brandon is out. :giveup:

aaron l

I have a lot of opinions on last night, but Margarita had my favorite collection out of all of them. It was so personal and beautiful. If she had been strong throughout the entire competition, I would have said she deserved it.

Ayana's last look was so beyond breath taking though, and I do agree that she will continue to evolve as she has been.

In all honesty tho, Kentaro was my last choice to win. :saladga:

MaybeKermit

I was sooooooo sure they would let Ayana win, just because the way it was edited  (they usually show the runways in the same order that the contestants get eliminated (margarita showed first = she's  4th, brandon 2nd so he's 3rd,....)- just check on previous seasons)

so I really really expected it to be Ayana... but damn... I SCREAMEDDDDDDDDDD

Kentaro deserved it sooooo much

this was the first time in a long time that the final four was THIS strong, and the winner really showed FASHION 

PS: I'm trying to shop the collection on JCP website, but I CANT ACCESS IT IM FREAKING OUT HELP ME HEEEEREEEEEEEEE, need them clothes (I'm from belgiium, maybe that's the prob?)

Gov Hooka
23 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

I was sooooooo sure they would let Ayana win, just because the way it was edited  (they usually show the runways in the same order that the contestants get eliminated (margarita showed first = she's  4th, brandon 2nd so he's 3rd,....)- just check on previous seasons)

so I really really expected it to be Ayana... but damn... I SCREAMEDDDDDDDDDD

Kentaro deserved it sooooo much

this was the first time in a long time that the final four was THIS strong, and the winner really showed FASHION 

PS: I'm trying to shop the collection on JCP website, but I CANT ACCESS IT IM FREAKING OUT HELP ME HEEEEREEEEEEEEE, need them clothes (I'm from belgiium, maybe that's the prob?)

Lmao his collection on JCP is nothing like his finale collection because none of that is wearable. 

I’m not here for minimalist fashion or art in general and I thought Kentaro’s collection was incredibly boring and unoriginal. Ayana and Margarita should have won instead... I’m in love with margaritas clothes. They’re so happy, bright, and full of life

aaron l
24 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Lmao his collection on JCP is nothing like his finale collection because none of that is wearable. 

I’m not here for minimalist fashion or art in general and I thought Kentaro’s collection was incredibly boring and unoriginal. Ayana and Margarita should have won instead... I’m in love with margaritas clothes. They’re so happy, bright, and full of life

Bitch I agree :grr:

MaybeKermit
51 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

27 minutes ago, aaron l said:

Bitch I agree :grr:

lmaooo so a friend of mine fro NYC has sent me screenshots of the JCP items and I'm DISGUSTEDDD, ewwww what are thoooooseeeeee

+ he COMPLETELY deserved to win. I happen to work in the fashion industry and his collection was VERY strong. Such a unique and distinctive collection.

Margarita's collection was very nice and also my fav actually, but is it new tho? It's very refreshing and they could've let her won as a symbol for what happened in Puerto Rico, but c'mon... Kentaro was the obvious winner here. 

Ayana's collection was pretty but boring and bland... here and there some strong pieces, but Kentaro was the only one with not seven or six, but TEN strong outfits. especially the last one... MARGIELA REALNESSSS YAS GAWD

littlepotter

i don't know if i'm more happy that brandon lost or sad that ayana lost :( brandon was a fav earlier in the season but grew boring quickly. that collection was a snoozefest. i have no clue how yall didn't like ayana's, it was BREATHTAKING. that last gown was one of the best i've ever seen on this show. like, i did love kentaro's collection but the winner shouldn't be judged from that collection alone. from the beginning, kentaro came in saying "i wanted to be a pianist but i couldn't so i said why not make clothes", his looks have been very hit or miss and he never had a clear vision, even when it came to his last collection. literally everytime he was asked what it was about he gave a differeny vague answer. and he had no clue what to do with his win. ayana was a strong viewpoint since day 1 and knew why she wanted to be there, she had multiple highs and wins, never lows, and she had a very clear motive for winning. plus, her clothes would have actually sold well in JCPenny. and she had the better collection. i just don't get this win, but i'm happy for kentaro nevertheless, and someone needs to make me a gif of his father diving on the runway asap (im glad nothing serious happened) :ladyhaha:

oh and i really liked margarita's

cant WAIT for the twin drama next week :hor:

chaeri pls

aaron l
35 minutes ago, hunty said:

i don't know if i'm more happy that brandon lost or sad that ayana lost :( brandon was a fav earlier in the season but grew boring quickly. that collection was a snoozefest. i have no clue how yall didn't like ayana's, it was BREATHTAKING. that last gown was one of the best i've ever seen on this show. like, i did love kentaro's collection but the winner shouldn't be judged from that collection alone. from the beginning, kentaro came in saying "i wanted to be a pianist but i couldn't so i said why not make clothes", his looks have been very hit or miss and he never had a clear vision, even when it came to his last collection. literally everytime he was asked what it was about he gave a differeny vague answer. and he had no clue what to do with his win. ayana was a strong viewpoint since day 1 and knew why she wanted to be there, she had multiple highs and wins, never lows, and she had a very clear motive for winning. plus, her clothes would have actually sold well in JCPenny. and she had the better collection. i just don't get this win, but i'm happy for kentaro nevertheless, and someone needs to make me a gif of his father diving on the runway asap (im glad nothing serious happened) :ladyhaha:

oh and i really liked margarita's

cant WAIT for the twin drama next week :hor:

I DIED HAHAHA

• 2 weeks later...
tomsches

Just watched the reunion show.

It made me realise how much I liked this season. I hope they keep the focus on the models for the next season, because some of them are very funny.

It also made me realise how much I dislike the twins. It feels like, the have seen how bad the reactions were they received and tried to restore their reputation to save their business by lying about the stupid measuring tape.

Archived