💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Project Runway Season 16

tomsches

Featured Posts

Gov Hooka

After what was originally supposed to be an amazing season imo, it seems that the designer have stalled the last couple of challenges... the looks were all awful last night and Claire should not have won. Kentaro's was the best but I hated it. 

I was rooting for Margarita because of her personality originally lol but ever since she's threw her model under the bus for her bad design (which I thought was amazing-that bomber jacket was cool), she's been acting like a bitch. 

At this point it's looking like it will be a showdown between Kentaro and Brandon (the man bun guy, I forgot his name :selena: ). 

Kenya's look was awful last night and she should have been in the bottom.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This show has been such a joke for at least 5 years lol. And last night's episode was the icing on top. That whole drama seemed contrived as ****. Producers looked like they knew it all along and kept Margarita on stage so that she would explode. The judges did not give a flying **** about the cheating lol And those sponsors are getting even messier. 

Spoiler

Why the **** was Brandon's look at the top? Looks like the same dress he makes every week but badly executed. Why wasn't Kenya at the bottom? For two weeks in a row? 

tomsches

Wow... the drama! 

When it was announced that Claire had to leave the competition, I literally gagged.

I was excited for this challenge because the avant-guarde challenges are usually my favourites. With this episode... I don't know. I didn't get most of the outfits and I thought the inspiration was a bit weird.

Ayana: Hated it when I first saw it, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Deserved to be in the top

Amy: Boring, glad she's gone.

Batani: That girl really needed to go. I mean what the hell was that dress?? I don't get it, everything she wears looks so great, but her designs have been a total mess!

Brandon: First time I'm disappointed with him. I'm glad he still was in the top because I'm rooting for him, but I didn't like the outfit and I hated the fact that the model had to hold up the dress on the runway.

Kentaro: meh, reminded me of a wedding dress.

Kenya: can't remember

Margarita: I don't know... I thought it looked very messy with all the ruffles. It got better the more I looked at it, but generally I did not respond well to it.

Micheal: When I first saw it I hated this kind of structure the dress had in front of the crotch area, but when he explained the melting disco ball thing I understood the design. It's not bad, but not my cup of tea either.

aaron l
2 hours ago, tomsches said:

Wow... the drama! 

When it was announced that Claire had to leave the competition, I literally gagged.

I was excited for this challenge because the avant-guarde challenges are usually my favourites. With this episode... I don't know. I didn't get most of the outfits and I thought the inspiration was a bit weird.

Ayana: Hated it when I first saw it, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Deserved to be in the top

Amy: Boring, glad she's gone.

Batani: That girl really needed to go. I mean what the hell was that dress?? I don't get it, everything she wears looks so great, but her designs have been a total mess!

Brandon: First time I'm disappointed with him. I'm glad he still was in the top because I'm rooting for him, but I didn't like the outfit and I hated the fact that the model had to hold up the dress on the runway.

Kentaro: meh, reminded me of a wedding dress.

Kenya: can't remember

Margarita: I don't know... I thought it looked very messy with all the ruffles. It got better the more I looked at it, but generally I did not respond well to it.

Micheal: When I first saw it I hated this kind of structure the dress had in front of the crotch area, but when he explained the melting disco ball thing I understood the design. It's not bad, but not my cup of tea either.

I think the top was well deserved this week, and I do think that after last night the correct contestants are left except for Kenya. I think Kenya has remained in the competition well past her time. I've been rooting for Brandon, but I genuinely didn't like the outfit he created this week and I hated the hair style that went a long with it. I think Michael had a well deserved win, but I would have been happy with Ayana winning the challenge as well.

What are ya'll NYFW predictions this season?

tomsches
Just now, aaron l said:

I think the top was well deserved this week, and I do think that after last night the correct contestants are left except for Kenya. I think Kenya has remained in the competition well past her time. I've been rooting for Brandon, but I genuinely didn't like the outfit he created this week and I hated the hair style that went a long with it. I think Michael had a well deserved win, but I would have been happy with Ayana winning the challenge as well.

What are ya'll top 3 predictions?

Brandon (Winner)

Runner ups: Margarita, Michael & Kentaro

aaron l
Just now, tomsches said:

Brandon (Winner)

Runner ups: Margarita, Michael & Kentaro

Something I 100% agree with! I feel like it's a clear win for Brandon at this point. He has a brand that the others haven't shown as much and he's stuck to it. I want to say I feel like each season has a clear winner, but season 14 Kelly was the obvious winner, but we know why Ashley won. :madge: As for last season, I was highly rooting for Erin since day 1, so it was a great turn of events after thinking Roberi might have had it.

tomsches
1 minute ago, aaron l said:

Something I 100% agree with! I feel like it's a clear win for Brandon at this point. He has a brand that the others haven't shown as much and he's stuck to it. I want to say I feel like each season has a clear winner, but season 14 Kelly was the obvious winner, but we know why Ashley won. :madge: As for last season, I was highly rooting for Erin since day 1, so it was a great turn of events after thinking Roberi might have had it.

Last season I also rooted for Erin since the first episode, but last season was different because although Erin won most of the challenges, she was also in the bottom 4-5 times in a row, so in the end it could have been Roberi or the other guy as well.

This time I almost feel like it's almost becoming a bit boring, I mean I really like Brandon. I am rooting for him and I've liked all of his outfits so far, except for the very first one and the one from this episode. The problem is, clearly this week his outfit was not good, so the judges could have decided for him to be safe and have 3 tops 3 bottoms instead of 4/2. But he still was in the top so it feels like he can't do wrong. 

Anyway, he seemed to be struggling this week so who knows...

loathereality

I really like batani from day one. But at this point she is so bad for 2 weeks in a row. 

I do not like Margharita's fashion sense at all.

Amy is interesting but I do understand that she is in the bottom this week. She nver had a winning look/neither a top scale so she is  a little boring.

My three favorites from day0 were Kentaro, Ayana and Batani. I feel like Ayana is a strong designer.

Although Kenya do has a fashion signature. I think we are all over with her.

I feel like the winner will be Ayana.

And the NYFW finalists will be Kentaro, Brandon, Michael.

tomsches

Wow, I disagree with so much the judges said this last episode. Here are my 2 cents:

Ayana: Probably the best outfit from this episode even though I'm not entirely convinced by it. I really liked the bottom part, I thought it looked great and very high fashion. It was the top that I had problems with. I think overall there was just too much going on. In my opinion, she should have kept the leather top as it was without all this embellishment. This way the whole outfit would have been cleaner and the focus would have been on the bottom only, which already was so dramatic that she didn't need all that stuff on the top. I wasn't a big fan of the veil and the hat either. She deserved the win though.

Brandon: meh... far from being blown away by it, but I guess it was okay. It was too short in the back. I am glad though he chose not to sew the tin foil top. That would have been his downfall.

Kentaro: Here I agree with the judges. It was a Pocahontas costume and not a very creative one. I was disappointed to see this because I know he can do more.

Kenya: Now this is where I totally disagree with the judges. They complained about how many times they've already seen a dress like Michael's, yet Kenya's dress has been on project runway since day one. In fact, I remember season 5 or something where they had to make dresses out of car parts and several designers that season used the same weaving technique. On top of that, the dress didn't even look good, it looked boring and the bottom half was way too wide. I'm a fan of accentuating the hips and making dresses with wide hips, but in this case the proportions were off. It looked like the model was wearing a circle. The dress was just not memorable and that is the main problem I have with Kenya. I remember at least one dress from all of the designers. However, I can't remember a single look by Kenya. I think she should have gone home!

Margarita: Here, again, I disagree with the judges. What the hell was this outfit? It was messy from the bottom to the top. She had a million ideas and squeezed them all into one dress that, again, looked like a costume. I hated the outfit. She should have got rid of at least 2 ideas. I was really surprised when I heard the judges praise this look. On a positive note: the idea with the helmets as shoulder pats was great.

Michael: While he was working on the outfit I was like: goood what is he doing? However, I thought that the end result was quite decent looking. I mean if you take away the harness-thingy, it was just a very basic dress, but I didn't think the overall look was that bad. I was shocked when he had to go home. And I was sure that Tim was going to use his Tim Gunn save. 

loathereality

kenya was the worst and ayana was the best

another low is kentaro i guess and a high i can tell is margarita 

loathereality
7 hours ago, tomsches said:

Wow, I disagree with so much the judges said this last episode. Here are my 2 cents:

Ayana: Probably the best outfit from this episode even though I'm not entirely convinced by it. I really liked the bottom part, I thought it looked great and very high fashion. It was the top that I had problems with. I think overall there was just too much going on. In my opinion, she should have kept the leather top as it was without all this embellishment. This way the whole outfit would have been cleaner and the focus would have been on the bottom only, which already was so dramatic that she didn't need all that stuff on the top. I wasn't a big fan of the veil and the hat either. She deserved the win though.

Brandon: meh... far from being blown away by it, but I guess it was okay. It was too short in the back. I am glad though he chose not to sew the tin foil top. That would have been his downfall.

Kentaro: Here I agree with the judges. It was a Pocahontas costume and not a very creative one. I was disappointed to see this because I know he can do more.

Kenya: Now this is where I totally disagree with the judges. They complained about how many times they've already seen a dress like Michael's, yet Kenya's dress has been on project runway since day one. In fact, I remember season 5 or something where they had to make dresses out of car parts and several designers that season used the same weaving technique. On top of that, the dress didn't even look good, it looked boring and the bottom half was way too wide. I'm a fan of accentuating the hips and making dresses with wide hips, but in this case the proportions were off. It looked like the model was wearing a circle. The dress was just not memorable and that is the main problem I have with Kenya. I remember at least one dress from all of the designers. However, I can't remember a single look by Kenya. I think she should have gone home!

Margarita: Here, again, I disagree with the judges. What the hell was this outfit? It was messy from the bottom to the top. She had a million ideas and squeezed them all into one dress that, again, looked like a costume. I hated the outfit. She should have got rid of at least 2 ideas. I was really surprised when I heard the judges praise this look. On a positive note: the idea with the helmets as shoulder pats was great.

Michael: While he was working on the outfit I was like: goood what is he doing? However, I thought that the end result was quite decent looking. I mean if you take away the harness-thingy, it was just a very basic dress, but I didn't think the overall look was that bad. I was shocked when he had to go home. And I was sure that Tim was going to use his Tim Gunn save. 

michael wwas ok, i do feel like brandon was a top  so i half agree with you and half with the judges

littlepotter
On 8/18/2017 at 8:35 PM, Funkymonkey said:

This omg... they snubbed her so hard

Ashley's collection was SO BASIC... they just let her won bcs of the plus sized models

am i the only one who liked Ashley's collection? i really felt she deserved the win, im honestly so disgusted that everyone is snubbing her because of her plus sized models.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:38 PM, aaron l said:

You cut right to the chase, I couldn't agree more though. I was obsessed with Kelly from the deli. :madge:

omg i loved kelly so much

On 9/2/2017 at 3:14 PM, Bio said:

Why are there model confessionals where they tell if they're feeling comfortable in the clothes? This is project runway, I don't care about the models' feelings lol Just shows that they're doing this real size thing as a ratings bait and not because it's the right thing to do.

lmao why are people so pressed over sizes? i love this new approach so much, like heidi said models are always viewed as coat hangers and that's horrible. i loved how they were involved this season and had actual character, but still not too much like the first seasons where it was a mess. 

On 9/15/2017 at 1:52 PM, tomsches said:

Another good episode.

I know I have been rooting for Amy this past weeks, but I'm getting bored by her. Maybe that's because she's been save until know and never had the chance to discuss her outfit in front of the judges. I really liked her first 2 looks. Her look this episode looked like she wrapped bed linen around her model. 

Again, Brandon's was the best and I'm glad he won. I think it's save to say that he's going to be in the top 3. The judges, especially Heidi, love innovative fashion and things they've never seen before and Brandon is the most fashion forward designer left. 

No Aaron's outfit must have been the WORST outfit I have seen in 16 seasons of Project Runway. I am soooo glad he was sent home for this. Plus, I found him a bit annoying. I mean I get that his clothes are all about bending genders, but I didn't like any of the outfits he showed. And the one today... I mean I have never touched a sewing machine before, but I think I could do better.

omg i remember that epsiode :rip: see through shorts with white undies? that's mot gender bending, no sane human wears this repulsive mess. i don't want to see your underwear.

chaeri pls

littlepotter

i actually am really loving this season, i just caught up, i think ayana is my fav, followed by kentaro, brandon, kenya and margarita. 

i'm a bit confused w brandon bc on one hand he has literally been doing the same style and same looks the ENTIRE season just like sean did in s13 (which is the best one btw xoxo) but on the other hand they all look so crisp and it's cohesive to the point where you could combine ALL his looks from the season and they would make a successful collection.

chaeri pls

aaron l
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

i actually am really loving this season, i just caught up, i think ayana is my fav, followed by kentaro, brandon, kenya and margarita. 

i'm a bit confused w brandon bc on one hand he has literally been doing the same style and same looks the ENTIRE season just like sean did in s13 (which is the best one btw xoxo) but on the other hand they all look so crisp and it's cohesive to the point where you could combine ALL his looks from the season and they would make a successful collection.

Kenya is lucky she pulled through, but I've been ready for her to go. :awkney:

For me this season has fallen kinda flat compared to many past seasons, but I'm still obsessed with the show. I think I'm rooting for Brandon, mostly for the reasons that you stated above. I loved Ayana's Shopkins look, but I really wasn't a fan of her construction look, I think maybe if it didn't have the helmet I would have liked it better? Regardless tho, she is super sweet and I'm good with her still being there. I hope Margarita keeps that attitude in check. :neyde:

littlepotter
2 minutes ago, aaron l said:

Kenya is lucky she pulled through, but I've been ready for her to go. :awkney:

For me this season has fallen kinda flat compared to many past seasons, but I'm still obsessed with the show. I think I'm rooting for Brandon, mostly for the reasons that you stated above. I loved Ayana's Shopkins look, but I really wasn't a fan of her construction look, I think maybe if it didn't have the helmet I would have liked it better? Regardless tho, she is super sweet and I'm good with her still being there. I hope Margarita keeps that attitude in check. :neyde:

ayana's doll look was fa-bu-lous, i screamed internally. she should have definitely won. and i also liked her construction look but she really added a lot of shit to it that was just not necessary. she should have done away with the hat, the scarf and the blue. the rest i adore

chaeri pls

Archived