💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does Everybody Assume That "Joanne" Wasn't The Original LG5?

getto

Featured Posts

I think this whole Joanne direction is due to A Star is Born, she needed the country star persona to boost her acting role.  The lady dreams of being in the movies, like Madonna =(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
58 minutes ago, River said:

She had Joanne direction since the beginning

Lel Mark ronson's statement directly contradicts this

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 minute ago, DeanWinchester said:

Lel Mark ronson's statement directly contradicts this

Literally no one listens. 

Ibeisbr.gif

RochestrMonstr

I don't think there was an "Original LG5" set in stone. It seems as though she did songs with several different people, but nothing stuck until she got with Mark.  

It's ridiculous for some people to feel "betrayed" by this though. Gaga gets excited and announces her ideas too early all the time, before anything is set in stone or even planned, then things change. That's how she's operated since the BTW era.  If people are still bothered by this, then I don't understand how they're still fans. It's literally been like that for soooooo long! 

But anyway, i'm glad we got Joanne. 

DeanWinchester

What most people seem to think is just because we believe there was a change in direction (which there was! We still have more receipts) that we dont like Joanne. It's not necessarily so. I love joanne. I bought the album i still stream it. It's in my spotify library and im going to her tour. That doesnt mean ill be blindly defending it because it clearly wasnt her original idea for the album. Seriously, stop correlating dislike of Joanne with believing the direction changed. This is irrelevant to the discussion. Come with actual receipts and not assumptions

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PlanetChromatica

Because there were rumours everywhere she had chosen the lead single for LG5 and then she announced her performance at The Grammy's with Intel and the visuals were amazing.

It's quite clear that when David Bowie passed in between the announcement and the performance she changed her mind in what her performance was going to be very last minute. I'm pretty certain she was going to release a lead single. But who knows, maybe this was for the better, she might not have gotten to do Super Bowl with the RedOne LG5. 

However, I do feel Gaga is going to use those songs in the future, seeing as it was clear she was ready to release a song for The Grammy's 2016, the songs were obviously good enough for an album, but being RedOne they obviously were very different to Joanne/didn't fit on the album. I have a feeling she will do the Intel/Gaga performance she meant to do at The Grammy's next year to launch the next album.

Joanne wasn't her very first LG5 idea, that concept only came about around Grammy time after David Bowie had passed away her focus and what she wanted to do changed. Her intel grammy performance was announced before Bowie died so what was she planning to do? She started working with Mark Ronson afterwards in March 2016 and they did Joanne. Prior to that she was writing with RedOne, Elton John (along with a feature from him) and Diane Warren, along with working with Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder. She was also inspired by her time on AHS and said the album would be honoring the art of darkness. Its obvious that Joanne wasn't what we were originally supposed to get. The original concept and demos are all probably sitting on someone's computer. 

C1trus

Because it's not what she teased us all the way before the era. :madge:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

ugh can people just let it go and accept the fact that Joanne is better than whatever she had planned in the past for LG5. Coz hunties, Joanne era gave us Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, superbowl, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons, Million reasons,Million reasons, Million reasons and also don't forget Million reasons. :trollga:

elijahfan
19 hours ago, Doot said:

Joanne is not the original album, we have countless receipts to prove that. She recorded disco records with Nile, she recorded dark dance records with RedOne, and then she recorded the rest of the songs with the producers on Joanne. The idea of it being a family based album called Joanne, did not happen until she started working with Mark. She herself has stated that the direction she was originally going for the album is not what the album ended up being.

The only thing we know for sure is that she tiptoed around different ideas before finding a clear direction. Doesn't mean she had a whole album finished and ready to roll, and then changed her mind, that's the point I'm trying to make.

6 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

The only thing we know for sure is that she tiptoed around different ideas before finding a clear direction. Doesn't mean she had a whole album finished and ready to roll, and then changed her mind, that's the point I'm trying to make.

I'm not disagreeing with you, in the sense she didn't have the idea of an album named Joanne. But she herself described what the album was going to be, but later changed directions. She herself has stated that. 

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, in the sense she didn't have the idea of an album named Joanne. But she herself described what the album was going to be, but later changed directions. She herself has stated that. 

... which I'm agreeing on :laughga:

Archived