💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does Everybody Assume That "Joanne" Wasn't The Original LG5?

getto

Featured Posts

DiamondAngel

Elton John, Giorgio Moroder, RedOne, Dianne Warren, and Niall Rogers all worked with her before Mark. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee Ng
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

All of this. She had completed a ton of songs with many producers, and it wasn't until she worked with Mark that Joanne came to fruition. 

Let's be realistic, Joanne was not the album that she had described leading up to it. She teased (and she know that she did) a Fame Monster-esque dark pop album. To all the people who argue that Joanne is dark...it's not dark. The Fame Monster and Born This Way were dark.

I highly doubt we will ever get the RedOne tracks, but it is my hope that she has a clear, cohesive vision for the next album instead of just randomly recording songs and deciding last minute what it'll end up being. I like Joanne just fine, but my personal opinion is that she shines when she releases cohesive conceptual material.

How do you know exactly that those 8 songs are better than Joanne's ? And how can you say Joanne is not dark when DH- the opening song telling us her darkest background for the first time, John Wayne appearing to be a TFM's song , DIC describing masturbation and Angel Down drawing the real picture of today society under haunting instrumentals ? Let's say it's not dark enough for you, but why do you keep her in the " dark, conceptual material" box? Can she not be stripped down and personal? The more you wish her to be a certain way, she's gonna do the opposite. Watch her make a pure mental rock album with nothing on but a tee and denim short for the entire era. I'd love to witness.mp3 the reactions:creepflop:

Just now, Lee Ng said:

How do you know exactly that those 8 songs are better than Joanne's ? And how can you say Joanne is not dark when DH- the opening song telling us her darkest background for the first time, John Wayne appearing to be a TFM's song , DIC describing masturbation and Angel Down drawing the real picture of today society under haunting instrumentals ? Let's say it's not dark enough for you, but why do you keep her in the " dark, conceptual material" box? Can she not be stripped down and personal? The more you wish her to be a certain way, she's gonna do the opposite. Watch her make a pure mental rock album with nothing on but a tee and denim short for the entire era. I'd love to witness.mp3 the reactions:creepflop:

she already did that dude...:ladyhaha:

gabeoz

It's not much of an assumption. We have several receipts from different people hinting at this darker bop album. Including Elton John, Gaga, RedOne, Mark Ronson, etc. We knew LG5 was in the works a while before Mark Ronson came into the picture, it wasn't until Mark Ronson that the entire Joanne concept was started.

David Bowies death probably had a large influence on the change of direction. My personal theory that the original Gaga X Intel performance for the Grammys last year was originally intended to launch the era that was gonna be before Joanne. But we'll never know.

Just now, JustaMonster said:

Elton shading ARTPOP though :nails: 

ikr that article made me mad when i first read it.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, milotomi19 said:

Gaga make a lot off songs always that a lot off then don't make the cut for the album does'nt mean tha she scraped an whole album:giggle: any way if that was a good song she can use in the future like BM in BTW.

Well, I guess this thread is kinda referring to the urban myth that she had an album and an era planned and ready to roll back in early 2016, and she decided to scrap it altogether after David Bowie's death.

It has absolutely no basis, fans were just so thirsty for new music that they persuaded themselves that Gaga was supposed to premiere a new single at the Grammys (something that I think Bobby completely denied back then), and did the Bowie hommage instead. And here we are today, more than a year later, still discussing that ghost record.....

Lee Ng
2 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

she already did that dude...:ladyhaha:

Not with a full album of rock hun. 

I saw a lot of meltdowns during PI era, so an album would probably drive them crazy :rockstar:

River

She had Joanne direction since the beginning.

People think that if she works with RedOne that means she's working on dance pop songs, but RedOne can also make country pop and ballads, they worked on Angel Down together.

Gaga changed RedOne because he was not the right producer for her direction!

Now she worked with others:

Elton John - RIMH can have the same direction of Joanne, but was scrapped or was intended to be for ASIB.

Giorgio Moroder - it was never confirmed that she worked with him, they were in talks, I think he said that he's still waiting for her call.

Dianne Warren - Can be a Joanne type of song, she did a ballad with her after all.

Niall Rogers - they recorded a song for Chic album and not for LG5.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Ziggy

Idk if it was another album but more like she was trying to find a direction to work in (hence why she was with RedOne), and she had some songs done. She obviously was not very strongly committed to it though because then Ronson came and helped her find the direction that she was looking for. So I'd say it wasn't so rigidly finite as LG5 then Joanne, but more like she was tinkering with ideas unsure exactly of where to go and then she found it with the assistance of Ronson.

and i oop
43 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

Because they are delusional and think that there is a possibility we can get the dated RedOne tracks in the future

51 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

they need an excuse to hate on the album even more.

---------

39 minutes ago, Bloody hooker said:

Redone

AHS inspired

working with Elton John, Dianne Warren, Nile Rogers, etc.

Disco inspired (I Want You Love and reference to it in AHS)

Plus the fact that Joanne was recorded and done in 6 months (April-October). The earliest she might have started to work on LG5 is Oct. 2014.

Edit: Unless you want to include the August 2015 Instagram post that said LG5 time.

Maleficent

I feel as though there was a pop/RedOne influenced album that was near finished, but was perhaps rejected by the record labels. It might have sounded dated (as ARTPOP had) and the record execs were nervous about releasing another album that perhaps jumped a trend that was already over.

I know everyone on here seems to love RedOne, but all his work post 2010 has sounded the same and dated. Mark Ronson/BloodPop/Father John Misty was probably introduced to make an album with a theme/trend that was fresher, more indie, upcoming (which it is, Joanne started a new trend in music which is much more stripped back). 

20 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Well... to be pretty honest, it's nothing new that Gaga makes a whole bunch of songs for a while before finding a direction for a new record - in that logic, "Joanne" wasn't the original LG5, in the same way "ARTPOP" wasn't the original LG4, and so on.

The only disagreement with this was that ARTPOP was a conceptual album from the get go. She knew the name of the album before she had even written or thought of any songs for it. And ARTPOP was also very different as well in the sense that unlike her first three albums, producers submitted tracks TO HER, and she wrote the lyrics for the most part on top of them. Whereas before, she would write the song, and then work with the producers to come up with the sound. 

14 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Right, those are always the same old discussions... In the same way that we never got Princess Die, or TEA, or whatever she was working on in 2012. Making an album is a process, and we need to trust the artistic process. Joanne IS the original LG5 because this is the record she decided to put out in the end, period.

TEA was never finished, but was intended for ARTPOP.

Joanne is not the original album, we have countless receipts to prove that. She recorded disco records with Nile, she recorded dark dance records with RedOne, and then she recorded the rest of the songs with the producers on Joanne. The idea of it being a family based album called Joanne, did not happen until she started working with Mark. She herself has stated that the direction she was originally going for the album is not what the album ended up being.

11 minutes ago, Lee Ng said:

I would like to first address the first comment you wrote. At no point did I say that the songs were better than what we ended up with. I stated that for my own personal taste, I like it when she has conceptual, cohesive albums. She references the same things in Diamond Heart as she did in Swine and Sexxx Dreams. That doesn't mean that they are dark. Sure, she is referring to a negative event in her past, but I am not talking about that. I am talking about the style of music paired with the visuals. She used gothic, european industrial beats and musical styles for The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She had a giant Anglerfish on stage and a giant Gothic Castle with a dismembered, floating head on stage. THAT is dark, and THAT is what I am referring to.

I am not putting her in a box. As I have stated 15 million times before, and will continue to do so, it is my personal taste. Everyone is allowed to have their own personal taste. There are people on here who think Joanne is her best album, and enjoy the stripped down "cowgirl" thing she has going on. For me, that is not my personal taste. I am a fan of Lady Gaga for a large number of reasons outside of her music, but for me personally , Joanne is my least favorite album of hers because it doesn't largely adhere to my musical and visual taste. I still like it, but it doesn't blow my mind.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

36 minutes ago, GAGA1972 said:

Elton John, Giorgio Moroder, RedOne, Dianne Warren, and Niall Rogers all worked with her before Mark. 

I remember  this and I'm crying :giveup::selena: I'd kill to hear those songs :giveup:

Archived