💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does Everybody Assume That "Joanne" Wasn't The Original LG5?

getto

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustaMonster

Because didnt gaga and RedOne make a bunch of songs right before Joanne came out that they had originally planned on being LG5 and then she decided to make Joanne instead?

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

zerojk

-She was working with RedOne

-There was a song ft Elton John "room in my heart"

-The album was going to be AHS inspired

and more....

Reality

People usually point to the 8 RedOne tracks that she worked on.

The reality is though is that even though that is a lot of songs, that doesn't make it an album. People assume these things because of all the evidence that points them towards a different album from Joanne.

I highly doubt she had a finished album, but then just decided not to do nothing with it. Everything we've got (8 RedOne tracks, multiple songwriters and producers, etc. etc.) are all part of the creative process, which is why I think people get so confused with it. 

Just because there is all this evidence that suggests a different tone of music doesn't mean that she had an album ready, but was just like, No. Nevermind.

🖤👹

Edit: read the question wrong :selena:

Because a lot of us believe Mark shifted the direction of the album. But RedOne co-wrote Angel Down and it fits on Joanne, so maybe there 8 songs together just didn't fit the cut.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Arizona Sky

Because they are delusional and think that there is a possibility we can get the dated RedOne tracks in the future

Edonis

Well, it's a fact that she was working on music prior to March 2016 (which is around the time she shifted focus onto Joanne) until she worked with Mark Ronson. RedOne confirmed at some point (someone find the interview) that she had a lead single picked (that he worked on) to release around Q1 of 2016, but that was scrapped. There isn't any evidence that an entire album was ready though, just at least 8 songs. 

DeanWinchester

Mark ronson himself said that they had no direction planned until after a few days of meeting up. And clearly Gaga has been working with at least 5-6 other producers and writers that all shared similar genres and Gaga always said her album would br influenced by AHS which it clearly isn't. We have more citations all anybody on the "LG5=Joanne all the same" side have are variations of "we dont know that"

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

River

She was working with RedOne on Angel Down, a dance anthem about An angel that goes down from the boring heaven to a bdsm gay club.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DeanWinchester

To the people saying we are delusional maybe once you finally have receipts, you can call us that. But for more than a year now, we are the ones presenting the receipts. You may discard RedOne's easily but explain Diane, Nile, Tranter, Elton John, etc. Or better yet, Joanne's producer himself, Mark ronson's statement. Until then, you guys are the delusional ones

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

She said she had over 50 songs completed for ARTPOP.

I imagine that she had quite a few songs for Joanne. 

However, based on the interview with Mark Ronson, when Gaga came to him with only Angel Down completed, she stated she didn't have a concept for the album nor did she know what it was going to end up being. RedOne himself stated that while he recorded all the songs with her, he nor she knew whether or not it would make the final album because she didn't know what it was supposed to be yet.

So from the sound of it, there was no original LG5, she just randomly chose songs from what she had done and picked the name Joanne.

Bloody hooker

Redone

AHS inspired

working with Elton John, Dianne Warren, Nile Rogers, etc.

Disco inspired (I Want Your Love and reference to it in AHS)

Plus the fact that Joanne was recorded and done in 6 months (April-October). The earliest she might have started to work on LG5 is Oct. 2014.

Edit: Unless you want to include the August 2015 Instagram post that said LG5 time.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

I remember Elton John once saying in Feb or March 2016 she made a song that sounded like "G.U.Y." and "Bad Romance".

Archived