💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Forbes: Joanne helped usher the current acoustic era

HANZ

Featured Posts

Ziggy
7 hours ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that pop music is going in an acoustic direction. I think it's mainly a coincidence. Miley is sort of going way back to her roots, Harry Styles is just releasing music that he likes and trying to get a more serious image, the only one that I can see being influenced by Joanne is Kesha with Rainbow.

pls dont attack me

I see what you're trying to say, but I think what Forbes is talking about is what is in the zeitgeist and how Gaga was one of the first to tap into this new trend of introspective acoustic pop that's been floating around for awhile.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
6 hours ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I think it's still a little early to tell. No acoustic pop song has had much success on the charts recently. Pop music is still very EDM and Hip Hop oriented. Just my opinion though.

Tbh that's because of urban radio still being big due to black audiences liking it and young white audiences flocking to it. There's really a split in popular music rn but one that's also always been there. TLC, Destiny's Child, Jay, Dre, Kanye, etc. all of these acts have existed at the same time as white artists have been titanic. So the trends have always existed a bit concurrently, to me. If you listen to a lot of TFM there's a lot of urban sounds on some of those songs that you wouldn't necessarily expect but makes sense in light of the fact that popular music always  has two different sounds going on and that there's sometimes crossover (listen to SHICD's instrumental to get what I mean).

RAMROD

Acknowledge ha impacT, FORBES!! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Xoxo Adriana

I misread the title I thought it mean't Gaga is helping "Usher" on his new acoustic album :toofunny: I was like wtf 

Gagaloo911
44 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Mercy did just fine and it did before MR. Dangerous Woman was basically just a guitar song too with a light band sound. I kinda think Gaga jumped on board the acustic sound at the right time. She didn't really usher in the sound.

Oh look, back at again trying to downplay or delegitimize one of Gaga's successes and her impact. :reductive:

RadioIsOurs
9 hours ago, Andrew Warhola said:

Next thing you know, everyone will stop releasing videos for their singles. 

I stan a trendsetter

giphy.gif

Oh that trend already started quite awhile ago :giggle:

I thought Adele ushered in a more organic sound with Ed Sheeran carrying it on to a more acoustic sound.

I think Gaga impacted Miley Cyrus and Kesha for sure. And we all know Katy Perry will try it next album too.

But if Forbes says it, I'll take it.

Lion Heart

Okay that's great and all, but can she usher in the return of Pop pls. Im tired of Rap and half-assed EDM raging on radio.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Runway
12 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Mercy did just fine and it did before MR. Dangerous Woman was basically just a guitar song too with a light band sound. I kinda think Gaga jumped on board the acustic sound at the right time. She didn't really usher in the sound.

Okay but where are the receipts?

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Runway said:

Okay but where are the receipts?

Well the title of the article says "helped usher in the..." It doesn't say she started it. So that is receipt number one and I also gave two acoustic songs that sold very well and came before MR. Even Nicky Minaj had Pills and Potions at the end of 2014.

giphy.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived