💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Forbes: Joanne helped usher the current acoustic era

HANZ

Featured Posts

LateToCult
1 minute ago, KingRedd said:

I agree, but the article said it was GOING in the more acoustic direction which is undoubtedly true. Artist like Shawn Mendes, Ed sherran, Niall Horan, Miley, Kesha, and Gaga all have records that lean on a more acoustic sound. EDM/Hip Hop influences will, hopefully, die down. 

Hmm, I guess Ed and Shawn have been doing acoustic longer. Maybe it just took Joanne for people to start looking at pop music as going more acoustic...which I guess is the whole point of the article. :sweat:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

Honestly, I'm loving this up this upcoming "era" of music. I've listened to Joanne (obviously), Rainbow, and Harry Styles' debut album—and I'll be looking forward to listening to Miley's new album as well—and I want music to stay in this direction. This kind of rock/folk/country/pop thing is awesome and I need more artists to delve into this.

🃏🖤👹

GhettoFabulous

15grq1k.jpg

exactly we been knew. Gaga stay inspiring the girls. Yes Miley had country upbringing etc BUT WHAT MADE HA ASS go all Joanne now?? Not to mention it’s not the first time she copied Gaga ha last 2 era were a copy of the ARTPOP and artraves aesthetics so..... Kesha on the other hand probably wanted to go country long ago but dr Luke and ha label have not been allowing it :lolly: inb4 “Katherine ” an album about Katy Perry a autobiographical album that’s sort of more personal ya’ll wait :lolly::diane: 

Pray4FameGa

I think being such hardcore stans we are sometimes blind to how powerful and influential LG is.

Especially after the Super Bowl, to nearly everyone, she is the ULTIMATE artist, and I really think she could have the same legacy as MJ when all is said and done.

That said, she needs a few more iconic albums and moments, and huge hits, but I believe in her.

Although this album itself hasn't smashed commercially, she has set herself up to smash. I mean she has a SOLD OUT tour with Joanne! :diane:

The public perception of her could not be higher, and if she brings out a 1989-sized album next era, it will be explosive. :firega:

LateToCult
7 minutes ago, gagzNPawz said:

Joanne helped  071917-celebs-usher-200x200.jpg:stalkga:  the current acoustic era

When I first read it I was like, since when is Usher doing acoustic  :gaycat:

Illuminati
1 hour ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Does this mean Katy will release country music

bLphaAz.gif

no doubt because before Witness was even out she was already talking about an acoustic album :toofunny: 

Pray4FameGa
3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

no doubt because before Witness was even out she was already talking about an acoustic album :toofunny: 

Katy is such an idea slut :lolly:

DeanWinchester
10 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

That said, she needs a few more iconic albums and moments, and huge hits, but I believe in her.

Just one more commercially successful era (like BTW sized era) after her 10 years in the industry will go a long way to cement her legacy. And at least two more Grammys down the road should do it for acclaim. Really all she needs to prove right now is longevity because her stats are already pretty good.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Arturo

Their criticism of those song's chart performances is valid but they should have noted that Million Reasons still had great success in sales compared to the others. 1m is much better than Malibu and SOTT's 500k.

smokingthemall
2 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Especially after the Super Bowl, to nearly everyone, she is the ULTIMATE artist, and I really think she could have the same legacy as MJ when all is said and done.

200w.gif

chase your big, beautiful dreams

JusKeepBreathin
6 hours ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I think it's still a little early to tell. No acoustic pop song has had much success on the charts recently. Pop music is still very EDM and Hip Hop oriented. Just my opinion though.

Mercy did just fine and it did before MR. Dangerous Woman was basically just a guitar song too with a light band sound. I kinda think Gaga jumped on board the acustic sound at the right time. She didn't really usher in the sound.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived