💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Forbes: Joanne helped usher the current acoustic era

HANZ

Featured Posts

gaga-emoji_612x380.jpg

A decade ago, electronic music merged with pop in a very noticeable way, and all of a sudden, radio waves were flooded with the biggest names in music, as well as some very special newcomers, who all pushed dance-pop onto the masses in a very loud way. Singles like Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” and “Poker Face,” as well as The Black Eyed Peas’ “Boom Boom Pow” were unavoidable, and for years following those smashes, it was all about who could plug in and light up the dance floor.

Now, things have shifted yet again, and even those stars who pioneered the electronic-pop sound in the mid-2000’s are rejecting the style and trying to turn the people onto something else. Their revolutionary new method of making music? Picking up a guitar and strumming away until something clicks.

Popular music goes in cycles, and once a new style or sound has been introduced and does well, it seems like everybody hops onto the trend and tries to make it their own. By the time an idea has been identified and written about extensively, it’s time to look for the next great thing, and most major labels and big-name artists have people on staff that are searching for what might propel their artists to the top of the charts and help them stand out. We are seeing this happen again, and it’s being met with somewhat mixed reviews, at least so far.

Lady Gaga was one of the first artists currently helping usher in this new era with her latest album Joanne, which saw her put down the disco stick and pick up an acoustic guitar, at least for much of the record. The album started at No. 1, and it helped her land the headlining spot at this year’s Super Bowl.

Since then, a number of superstars have decided to stick with full bands and guitars, and some of the most famous have been able to make it work, at least for a little while. Miley Cyrus’ new single “Malibu” takes the listener to the beach with a Modest Mouse, indie rock-styled pop tune, while former One Direction member Harry Styles went one step further and dove headfirst into light glam rock with his first solo album and its lead single “Sign Of The Times.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/08/16/lady-gaga-miley-kesha-top-40-pop-has-gone-acoustic-but-is-it-going-well/#199876714e7f

so basically LADY GAGA started the electronic era almsot a decade ago with The Fame and now she started this accoustic trend with the good sis Joanne

By far the most influencial artist of the decade

I just wish the Joanne era had better music videos

PI and MR deserved better

but still slay Joanne

let me bop to John Wayne

giphy.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester

In a time when haters are still trying to belittle Gaga's hand on the EDM boom, Forbes has not only reaffirmed Gaga's impact on the musical scene not once, but twice. In their newly published article, Forbes calls Gaga a forerunner of a new acoustic trend in artists.

A decade ago, electronic music merged with pop in a very noticeable way, and all of a sudden, radio waves were flooded with the biggest names in music, as well as some very special newcomers, who all pushed dance-pop onto the masses in a very loud way. Singles like Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” and “Poker Face,” as well as The Black Eyed Peas’ “Boom Boom Pow” were unavoidable, and for years following those smashes, it was all about who could plug in and light up the dance floor.

Now, things have shifted yet again, and even those stars who pioneered the electronic-pop sound in the mid-2000’s are rejecting the style and trying to turn the people onto something else. Their revolutionary new method of making music? Picking up a guitar and strumming away until something clicks.

Lady Gaga was one of the first artists currently helping usher in this new era with her latest album Joanne, which saw her put down the disco stick and pick up an acoustic guitar, at least for much of the record. The album started at No. 1, and it helped her land the headlining spot at this year’s Super Bowl.

Since then, a number of superstars have decided to stick with full bands and guitars, and some of the most famous have been able to make it work, at least for a little while. Miley Cyrus’ new single “Malibu” takes the listener to the beach with a Modest Mouse, indie rock-styled pop tune, while former One Direction member Harry Styles went one step further and dove headfirst into light glam rock with his first solo album and its lead single “Sign Of The Times.”

Reminder that Billboard also suggested something similar before:

Always ahead of the curve :applause:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Andrew Warhola

Next thing you know, everyone will stop releasing videos for their singles. 

I stan a trendsetter

giphy.gif

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

lifeasgeorge
Spoiler

erased because this thread was already posted so commented in the one that came first :lolly:

live and let live

kvnrp

And people say Gaga has no impact on the industry anymore :whitney:

The C2C and Joanne eras changed the game :whitney:

LateToCult

I wouldn't go as far as to say that pop music is going in an acoustic direction. I think it's mainly a coincidence. Miley is sort of going way back to her roots, Harry Styles is just releasing music that he likes and trying to get a more serious image, the only one that I can see being influenced by Joanne is Kesha with Rainbow.

pls dont attack me

4 minutes ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Does this mean Katy will release country music

bLphaAz.gif

she is most likely going accoustic with her next record

she might flop hard tho

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that pop music is going in an acoustic direction. I think it's mainly a coincidence. Miley is sort of going way back to her roots, Harry Styles is just releasing music that he likes and trying to get a more serious image, the only one that I can see being influenced by Joanne is Kesha with Rainbow.

pls dont attack me

Miley and Kesha had more folksy, countryish roots, I agree. But the fact that Gaga released an album that helped prime/prepare/orient (whatever it is that you feel is more apt) the masses more open to these kinds of songs in mainstream music at the current climate is in fact, there and being noticed by people in the industry.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived